Jeep Owners of NT

Thanks!

They are truly beasts. I ran mine at ATCO this past Saturday with about 7 fellow SRT Jeep owners/friends and mine bone stock ran a 13.0.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Originally Posted by PremeOne

I had an '85 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with 86K miles on it. That was the best car I've driven hands down. It was originally my Dad's but he passed it down to me and eventually donated it saying I needed to get a newer car. She overheated on me twice but still drove after that. Those things are built like tanks.

By the way does anyone know if they made Jeep Cherokees in 4 Cylinder? I want another Jeep but gas would be killing me.

Yes they did. The Cherokee's (Lets sort out that the Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee's are two different models) produced with the 2.5L 4 cylinder came in the model years 1984-1996. They can be found, if you look for it. Most common engines in the Cherokees were the 4.0 I6.

Can you tell the difference between a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder by appearance or would you need to just look under the hood? Cause I'm looking at thesecars on Craigslist and sometimes it doesn't say so 4 or 6 cylinder so I'm wonder if 4 cylinders had some type of distinct styling or rims.

miss them went from a 99 cherokee limited(box joint loved it.lil bro got it now) to a 04 grand cherokee to 07 commander. love jeeps fresh whip op reallylooking into one of those

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Mr718

can someone explain this?
Turbo, instead of under the hood, its mounted under the vehicle. Its done mostly because of cooling issues. Need to let that bad boy breathe. Inthe engine bay, the heat is trapped mostly.

I had an '85 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with 86K miles on it. That was the best car I've driven hands down. It was originally my Dad's but he passed it down to me and eventually donated it saying I needed to get a newer car. She overheated on me twice but still drove after that. Those things are built like tanks.

By the way does anyone know if they made Jeep Cherokees in 4 Cylinder? I want another Jeep but gas would be killing me.

Yes they did. The Cherokee's (Lets sort out that the Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee's are two different models) produced with the 2.5L 4 cylinder came in the model years 1984-1996. They can be found, if you look for it. Most common engines in the Cherokees were the 4.0 I6.

Can you tell the difference between a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder by appearance or would you need to just look under the hood? Cause I'm looking at these cars on Craigslist and sometimes it doesn't say so 4 or 6 cylinder so I'm wonder if 4 cylinders had some type of distinct styling or rims.
You would have to look under the hood.

thanks..i knew they were turbos but i didnt know why they were placed under the car

I drive the jeeps out of Berth 67 off the ships, and MY GOD, I LOVE JEEPS. The new 2010, Rubicons 4door with hardtops are a masterpiece.
They feel super crisp, and you're sitting high like a boss. I would take a Black 4door with hardtop, lifted, with those rugged terrain tires over ANY carout right now. I'm not much of luxury name brand guy anymore, but that's me.

Originally Posted by NycPosite

miss them went from a 99 cherokee limited(box joint loved it.lil bro got it now) to a 04 grand cherokee to 07 commander. love jeeps fresh whip op really looking into one of those

I had a 04 Grand Cherokee Limited. Loved that thing. I had it in the Midnight Blue color. Absolutely a gorgeous color. Only thing with that Jeep is that it atethrough rotors every 15k miles.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I've had a 97 Grand Cherokee for some time now. I think I got it in '02 and still have it to this day. Was just inspected today. Green, I6. I love it.No pics, but just thought I'd chime in and represent.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I drive the jeeps out of Berth 67 off the ships, and MY GOD, I LOVE JEEPS. The new 2010, Rubicons 4door with hardtops are a masterpiece.
They feel super crisp, and you're sitting high like a boss. I would take a Black 4door with hardtop, lifted, with those rugged terrain tires over ANY car out right now. I'm not much of luxury name brand guy anymore, but that's me.

I was never much of a Wrangler fan until the JK came out. They are awesome. I would like to have one in Jeep Green and have the hardtop painted to match.

Didn't take any pics but here's a couple pics from google so you guys get the idea.

I own a 1989 Grand Wagoneer and a 2001 Cherokee Sport, both black. Before that, I had a 1998 Cherokee Classic.

titlepic.jpg

image.jpg

REAL Jeeps. If it ain't square and boxy, it ain't a Jeep.

Props to all the NT Jeep owners. Best suv's in the world!

Originally Posted by DocsBack

I've had a 97 Grand Cherokee for some time now. I think I got it in '02 and still have it to this day. Was just inspected today. Green, I6. I love it. No pics, but just thought I'd chime in and represent.

Glad to see another Jeep owner. I swear you guys flew in from no where. LOL

I've had a 97 Grand Cherokee for some time now. I think I got it in '02 and still have it to this day. Was just inspected today. Green, I6. I love it. No pics, but just thought I'd chime in and represent.

Yeah, man you're car is beautiful. I'm not in that income range, far from it but I feel like I can take my car anywhere, over anything.It's my one and only daily driver. See you on the mountains my friends.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Didn't take any pics but here's a couple pics from google so you guys get the idea.

I own a 1989 Grand Wagoneer and a 2001 Cherokee Sport, both black. Before that, I had a 1998 Cherokee Classic.

titlepic.jpg

image.jpg

REAL Jeeps. If it ain't square and boxy, it ain't a Jeep.

Props to all the NT Jeep owners. Best suv's in the world!
Nice Jeeps there!

You got that straight, Jeeps are the best SUV's in the world.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

They feel super crisp, and you're sitting high like a boss. I would take a Black 4door with hardtop, lifted, with those rugged terrain tires over ANY car out right now. I'm not much of luxury name brand guy anymore, but that's me.

their still shipping jeeps in :rofl:g

Im going to look at a 99 grand cherokke o friday for my first car. but it has a v8 and i cant be spening od amounts of $ on gas like that. How much mpg doesthat model get?

Yeah, man you're car is beautiful. I'm not in that income range, far from it but I feel like I can take my car anywhere, over anything. It's my one and only daily driver. See you on the mountains my friends.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by NycPosite

op how much it cost you

The sticker price was 49k and change, I got them down to 42 OTD and I got 0% for 36 months.

thats not bad i was really thinking about financing one come the new yr. cant go wrong with a jeep

Nice Jeeps there!

You got that straight, Jeeps are the best SUV's in the world

Thanks. I'm about to get into a new Jeep Commander before they stop making them next year.

Not feeling the 2011 Grand Cherokee.

Dark days are ahead for Jeep unless they get back to the classic designs of the 80s and 90s.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Im going to look at a 99 grand cherokke o friday for my first car. but it has a v8 and i cant be spening od amounts of $ on gas like that. How much mpg does that model get?
Where do you live? If you live in Manhattan like I do, expect 9-10 mpg. Thats what I got when I had my WJ, it was a V8 too.

Back
Top Bottom