Jeep Owners of NT

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I drive the jeeps out of Berth 67 off the ships, and MY GOD, I LOVE JEEPS. The new 2010, Rubicons 4door with hardtops are a masterpiece.
They feel super crisp, and you're sitting high like a boss. I would take a Black 4door with hardtop, lifted, with those rugged terrain tires over ANY car out right now. I'm not much of luxury name brand guy anymore, but that's me.

their still shipping jeeps in :rofl:g
Well I should have said discharge, you know what I mean. But they ship them out to Hawaii or China. Suburbans, Tahoes, lots of Chevy Vans, andChevy's in general. But everytime, I see a Jeep Wrangler 4 door, I'm moving fast to get it in for sure. I'm curious, to all the Jeep owners, whatwould you rate as far as reliability goes with your Jeeps. Are they expensive to repair, and what usually goes down first in the car?

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Nice Jeeps there!

You got that straight, Jeeps are the best SUV's in the world

Thanks. I'm about to get into a new Jeep Commander before they stop making them next year.

Not feeling the 2011 Grand Cherokee.

Dark days are ahead for Jeep unless they get back to the classic designs of the 80s and 90s.
I disagree. Jeep is changing to what the market is calling for. Even though there are the hardcore enthusiasts like us, there are not enough of usthat want the old boxy style. Jeep has to keep themselves in business and therefore they have to change to what the market is demanding. And that demand is thecrossover SUV look.

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

WOW, those are some nice rims and tires on that baby. It's lifted to the perfect height for me too. Do you know what kind of rims those are called? Man,I'm loving this thread.

Nice Jeeps there!

Thanks. I'm about to get into a new Jeep Commander before they stop making them next year.

Dark days are ahead for Jeep unless they get back to the classic designs of the 80s and 90s.

i was hype when i got my commander but then it felt like i down graded. with the commander i was spending alot of gas money and that 3rd pop up row
mad.gif
cant fit nothing but kids back there

I drive the jeeps out of Berth 67 off the ships, and MY GOD, I LOVE JEEPS. The new 2010, Rubicons 4door with hardtops are a masterpiece.
They feel super crisp, and you're sitting high like a boss. I would take a Black 4door with hardtop, lifted, with those rugged terrain tires over ANY car out right now. I'm not much of luxury name brand guy anymore, but that's me.

Well I should have said discharge, you know what I mean. But they ship them out to Hawaii or China. Suburbans, Tahoes, lots of Chevy Vans, and Chevy's in general. But everytime, I see a Jeep Wrangler 4 door, I'm moving fast to get it in for sure. I'm curious, to all the Jeep owners, what would you rate as far as reliability goes with your Jeeps. Are they expensive to repair, and what usually goes down first in the car?
Electrical gremlins. I had these in all of my Jeeps. My GF keeps telling me to go to another brand, but I can't. I LOVE Jeeps.

My advice: Get a bumper to bumper warranty FROM CHRYSLER for the longest available years and mileage. Usually it is 7/75k. Whatever you have to pay for it isworth it.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Nice Jeeps there!

I disagree. Jeep is changing to what the market is calling for. Even though there are the hardcore enthusiasts like us, there are not enough of us that want the old boxy style. Jeep has to keep themselves in business and therefore they have to change to what the market is demanding. And that demand is the crossover SUV look.

Well, I guess I'm one of those new Jeep fanbase, because that new crossover SUV look definitely has won me over. Those Commanders and Wranglers aresophisticated, yet rugged to me.

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Nice Jeeps there!

i was hype when i got my commander but then it felt like i down graded. with the commander i was spending alot of gas money and that 3rd pop up row
mad.gif
The Commander was a HORRIBLE mistake. All it is, is a new body on a WK (Grand Cherokee) frame. The XK was a stupid move by Chrysler.

so true but i fell into the hype. bigger body extra row felt like i was getting a bigger cherokee. (biggest mistake i made and i lease it
frown.gif
) but when the lease was done it was sent rite back

Nice Jeeps there!

I disagree. Jeep is changing to what the market is calling for. Even though there are the hardcore enthusiasts like us, there are not enough of us that want the old boxy style. Jeep has to keep themselves in business and therefore they have to change to what the market is demanding. And that demand is the crossover SUV look.

Well, first what killed the Jeeps of yesteryear was that they don't build them the same. The materials are much different, the body dies/tooling is much,much different. In my opinion, what you have as a result of this is a Jeep with a highly "processed" feel to it - everything is streamlined, andedges and corners are minimized as much as possible.

But the real issue with the changing style is that it will eventually kill the Jeep brand. I've been around Jeeps my entire almost 30 year life. I grewup on the XJ Cherokee, YJ Wrangler, SJ Grand Wagoneer, and the ZJ Grand Cherokee. Those are what a Jeep should be. This crossover nonsense is the exactopposite of what the brand is.

Keep in mind that those "popular" crossover offerings - Patriot and Compass - are ceasing production next year. Expect the line to return to a 3-carsetup: Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Wrangler.

Word has it that Liberty will be replaced by the next design cycle at the latest.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

My Jeep: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 (Stock.....For Now)
I would keep it stock...it's going to be a classic.
Only things I am going to do to it is, CAI, Exhaust, JET 180 T-Stat, and Dyno Tune. Nothing much. And plus I keep all the original parts I takeoff. I never understood why people sell the stock stuff.

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Nice Jeeps there!

mad.gif

My dude, hold on to that Commander. We may not see a "full-size" Jeep ever again. I'm just going to keep the 3rd row folded down. It'slike a big Jeep Cherokee so I gotta get one.

Well I should have said discharge, you know what I mean. But they ship them out to Hawaii or China. Suburbans, Tahoes, lots of Chevy Vans, and Chevy's in general. But everytime, I see a Jeep Wrangler 4 door, I'm moving fast to get it in for sure. I'm curious, to all the Jeep owners, what would you rate as far as reliability goes with your Jeeps. Are they expensive to repair, and what usually goes down first in the car?
Electrical gremlins. I had these in all of my Jeeps. My GF keeps telling me to go to another brand, but I can't. I LOVE Jeeps.

My advice: Get a bumper to bumper warranty FROM CHRYSLER for the longest available years and mileage. Usually it is 7/75k. Whatever you have to pay for it is worth it.
Thanks.

IMO the Patriot and Compass are not crossovers. Those are just the entry level for Jeep. (Another dumb move. I swear I could run Jeep better.)

When I hear crossover, I think of the Enclave, and the Lexus RX and other vehicles with that sort of style. Take a look at WK2 and what do you see? That sortof design.

But hey we all have different opinions.

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee (not sure if it's a special edition or not). It's my baby. Runs so well and it's perfect for any conditions. I wish Ihad the Special Edition though. I just drove my friends and it has a V8. That thing whipssssss.

Only things I am going to do to it is, CAI, Exhaust, JET 180 T-Stat, and Dyno Tune. Nothing much. And plus I keep all the original parts I take off. I never understood why people sell the stock stuff.

Nice...make sure you put those new numbers up when you do
pimp.gif

Only things I am going to do to it is, CAI, Exhaust, JET 180 T-Stat, and Dyno Tune. Nothing much. And plus I keep all the original parts I take off. I never understood why people sell the stock stuff.

Nice...make sure you put those new numbers up when you do
pimp.gif
Will do.

Originally Posted by angrypork

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee (not sure if it's a special edition or not). It's my baby. Runs so well and it's perfect for any conditions. I wish I had the Special Edition though. I just drove my friends and it has a V8. That thing whipssssss.

I loved my 04 WJ. The 4.7 Powertech is a great engine. Now I advise you to drive a WJ with the 4.7 High Output engine. Now that thing moves.

You have these options for 2004.

Laredo
Freedom Edition
Special Edition
Limited
Overland

Originally Posted by andy206

i miss my 97 cherokee. i really like wranglers, don't they go for real cheap?

Of course the older you go the cheaper you get.

Although the Wranglers do hold their value nicely.

IMO the Patriot and Compass are not crossovers. Those are just the entry level for Jeep. (Another dumb move. I swear I could run Jeep better.)

When I hear crossover, I think of the Enclave, and the Lexus RX and other vehicles with that sort of style. Take a look at WK2 and what do you see? That sort of design.

Jeep styled them as crossovers. Most Compasses are produced in 2wd, while the Patriot only offers part-time 4wd (with no ground clearance to workwith anyway).

I really don't see Jeep going totally crossover because it's brand suicide. They're trying to bring customers to the brand while keeping usloyalists interested. Wrangler customers are the most die-hard. Those people made it clear to Jeep that they were not to scale back that model'scapabilities one bit or else mutiny.

When I hear crossover, I think of the Enclave, and the Lexus RX and other vehicles with that sort of style. Take a look at WK2 and what do you see? That sort of design.

There is no room for interpretation on what a crossover is. Crossover is a vehicle with unibody construction, a truck is body on frameconstruction. So it either is a crossover or it isn't a crossover.

Back
Top Bottom