Jeep Owners of NT

Originally Posted by Burns1923

^ I see you, Yoda.

That 2000 Cherokee Classic is right.
glasses.gif
Always thought those wheels were sick. Props, man. Keep that thing rocking! Those additions should make it even more
eek.gif
Can never go wrong with the Cherokee.

I've had my Wagoneer since summer '01 - found it in the newspaper. Had my mechanic check it out, then slapped some new Michelin XW4's on it and been going ever since.

I haven't driven it much the past year. Needs a new fuel tank skid plate and a couple minor things but it'll still get down. If you ever come across one to buy, look for rust at the skid plate (if it gets bad enough, the gas tank will sink out over time as the straps and plate itself become less able to bear the weight), look for rust at the panels behind the rear tires (if the grommets that hold in the roof rack are dry-rotted they can let in water which will run into those wheel wells), and make sure the carburetor is either new or recently rebuilt and adjusted properly. Aside from these things, the GW is bulletproof reliable. AMC 5.9L V8, Chrysler Torqueflite 727 transmission, Selec-Trac shift-on-the-fly full-time 4WD, full-size SJ ladder truck frame... it's a tank. Love this truck.

The YJ Wrangler (1987-1995) is my favorite Wrangler. Love everything about it, from the square headlights to the utilitarian dash and instruments. I've been fortunate to drive various Jeeps over the years and two of my friends had YJ's. It's THE Wrangler. The new ones today are pretty awesome but the YJ is still the best in my eyes. Now you got me wanting to go find one.
laugh.gif

Still would like to find a ZJ Grand Cherokee. Someone in my family used to have a 98 GC Laredo in Driftwood and it was just sickness. I got to drive it a lot so that helps.

I'm a Jeep NUT so I could have a stable of like 10 and still want more. My dream is to have a new Commander, a 98 GC, another XJ, a YJ, and still have my 01 XJ and 89 SJ.
I'll be driving Jeeps the rest of my life, no doubt.

I can't stand the new Jeeps except the Wranglers.. If its not boxy, it's not a Jeep.
Agreed, brother.
glasses.gif

pimp.gif

3 of my boys have Jeeps...2 XJ, and 1 GC..

My boy with the GC is tryna find the one with the 5.9..He's dying to find one..

I'd love to get either another XJ or a YJ..Most definitely want the High Output in it though
pimp.gif

Nice to see another person whos into Jeeps on here..

Originally Posted by Yoda

^ I see you, Yoda.

That 2000 Cherokee Classic is right.
glasses.gif
Always thought those wheels were sick. Props, man. Keep that thing rocking! Those additions should make it even more
eek.gif
Can never go wrong with the Cherokee.

I've had my Wagoneer since summer '01 - found it in the newspaper. Had my mechanic check it out, then slapped some new Michelin XW4's on it and been going ever since.

I haven't driven it much the past year. Needs a new fuel tank skid plate and a couple minor things but it'll still get down. If you ever come across one to buy, look for rust at the skid plate (if it gets bad enough, the gas tank will sink out over time as the straps and plate itself become less able to bear the weight), look for rust at the panels behind the rear tires (if the grommets that hold in the roof rack are dry-rotted they can let in water which will run into those wheel wells), and make sure the carburetor is either new or recently rebuilt and adjusted properly. Aside from these things, the GW is bulletproof reliable. AMC 5.9L V8, Chrysler Torqueflite 727 transmission, Selec-Trac shift-on-the-fly full-time 4WD, full-size SJ ladder truck frame... it's a tank. Love this truck.

The YJ Wrangler (1987-1995) is my favorite Wrangler. Love everything about it, from the square headlights to the utilitarian dash and instruments. I've been fortunate to drive various Jeeps over the years and two of my friends had YJ's. It's THE Wrangler. The new ones today are pretty awesome but the YJ is still the best in my eyes. Now you got me wanting to go find one.
laugh.gif

Still would like to find a ZJ Grand Cherokee. Someone in my family used to have a 98 GC Laredo in Driftwood and it was just sickness. I got to drive it a lot so that helps.

I'm a Jeep NUT so I could have a stable of like 10 and still want more. My dream is to have a new Commander, a 98 GC, another XJ, a YJ, and still have my 01 XJ and 89 SJ.
I'll be driving Jeeps the rest of my life, no doubt.

I can't stand the new Jeeps except the Wranglers.. If its not boxy, it's not a Jeep.
Agreed, brother.
glasses.gif

pimp.gif

3 of my boys have Jeeps...2 XJ, and 1 GC..

My boy with the GC is tryna find the one with the 5.9..He's dying to find one..

I'd love to get either another XJ or a YJ..Most definitely want the High Output in it though
pimp.gif

Nice to see another person whos into Jeeps on here..

The 98 GC 5.9 Limited? BOSS. Was with my dad when he test drove a brand new one at the Jeep dealer that year.

Unbelievable. If my memory is correct, it had 245 hp and 345 lb-ft of torque, and you feel every bit of it when you punch the gas. There are suv's todaywith more horses but the way the 5.9 was tuned, mm mmm mmm. Something amazing. Hope your boy finds his.

As far as XJ engines, the 4.0 inline-6 is a juggernaut. As I'm sure you can testify, it makes the Cherokee pretty swift. Passing power? Forget it. Itcan go with the best of 'em.

Jeep folks are def in a class all their own. Once you own one, you're hooked.
happy.gif

laugh.gif
at this thread.

I have thee worst looking Jeep ever. No pics .. not going to embarass myself.
As far as the car itself, I have no major troubles/complaints. This was my first car and has been good to me.

Jeeps are good money in my book
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

nice car but dang! 6-7 mpg...people get higher mpg on the track lol never knew they were that bad...just pray it doesn't go back upto like 4.50$ a gal again
I have no kids to support so even if the gas goes up, no problem. LOL

Hey I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car. When I went to the dealership to pickup the SRT, the GF saw the window sticker and the EPA rating andshe almost passed out. LOL

Great discussion in this thread guys.

I seriously thought I was the only one who owns a Jeep on NT. lol

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

nice car but dang! 6-7 mpg...people get higher mpg on the track lol never knew they were that bad...just pray it doesn't go back upto like 4.50$ a gal again
I have no kids to support so even if the gas goes up, no problem. LOL

Hey I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car. When I went to the dealership to pickup the SRT, the GF saw the window sticker and the EPA rating and she almost passed out. LOL
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good to see some other Jeep owners on here. Bad picture but this is my 97 ZJ, just got it stuck for the first time about a week ago
embarassed.gif
. Someday I will have a black 5.9 and a Wrangler.

2jbjzhx.jpg

I LOVE JEEPS!

I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the works! V8-5.2 liter engine. Black leather with that fresh black paint. my subs obviously, everything speaker plus faceplate are Apline. 2 12s Alpine Type S. No marks in the back seat (stains maybe no marks tho) hes a beast in my eyes.

I'll think is that he is in the shop right now. this post killed me to see when I'm carless.

$1,300 to repair the guy. Oh well its WORTH it!

I'll post pics later.

never was really into jeeps until i shot my homies whip straight murdered out raised on 35s or something like that, that joint is literally a P magnet comesummer time, no doors and the top down aint nothin better real talk
pimp.gif

4961_222576495397_717190397_7426403_5750393_n.jpg

Sometimes the top-down is a fail in some certain areas.

My dude had his top down and it rained that night. The entire floor was a pond.
laugh.gif

The 98 GC 5.9 Limited? BOSS. Was with my dad when he test drove a brand new one at the Jeep dealer that year.

Unbelievable. If my memory is correct, it had 245 hp and 345 lb-ft of torque, and you feel every bit of it when you punch the gas. There are suv's today with more horses but the way the 5.9 was tuned, mm mmm mmm. Something amazing. Hope your boy finds his.

As far as XJ engines, the 4.0 inline-6 is a juggernaut. As I'm sure you can testify, it makes the Cherokee pretty swift. Passing power? Forget it. It can go with the best of 'em.

Jeep folks are def in a class all their own. Once you own one, you're hooked.
happy.gif

AMEN.

I don't think I'll ever NOT own one now..I might get another car, but I'll always have a Jeep now.

The 4.0 is an absolute tank. Every older guy/mechanic I've talked to has said it is one of the best, if not the best American engines ever built. 250k+ isnothing if it's been even decently maintained.

Soft top Wranglers are so fresh
pimp.gif

BTW, If I ever had the skills/balls to chop the back of my XJ off..I'd want this..
2ntis5j.jpg

Originally Posted by Yoda

AMEN.

I don't think I'll ever NOT own one now..I might get another car, but I'll always have a Jeep now.

The 4.0 is an absolute tank. Every older guy/mechanic I've talked to has said it is one of the best, if not the best American engines ever built. 250k+ is nothing if it's been even decently maintained.

Soft top Wranglers are so fresh
pimp.gif

BTW, If I ever had the skills/balls to chop the back of my XJ off..I'd want this..
2ntis5j.jpg

You're right about the 4.0 - a classic, may even be the last great American engine.

eek.gif
at this modified Cherokee! Someone made their own Jeep Commanchepick-up. Unreal. I thought that's what it was until I noticed the taillights.

That's another Jeep I want - a 92 (last model year) Commanche.

I just picked up my 2010 Challenger B5 6spd (Kenne Bell Supercharger
pimp.gif
) but I'm fixing to purchase an SRT8 Jeep. First thing is take out that 370 Hemiand throw in a 440 Arrington (forged) and get screwed with a twin-screw supercharger.

I've had a lot of Jeeps and loved them all.

'86 Cherokee 2dr 4x4 5spd
'89 Wrangler 4.2 liter straight six
'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'99 Jee Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4

You guys are getting me hyped to get my Impala fixed, sell it, and by another Jeep. But that MPG is gonna kill me living in NY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah

I just picked up my 2010 Challenger B5 6spd (Kenne Bell Supercharger
pimp.gif
) but I'm fixing to purchase an SRT8 Jeep. First thing is take out that 370 Hemi and throw in a 440 Arrington (forged) and get screwed with a twin-screw supercharger.

I've had a lot of Jeeps and loved them all.

'86 Cherokee 2dr 4x4 5spd
'89 Wrangler 4.2 liter straight six
'94 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'99 Jee Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
Once you add that 440, you need to upgrade the drivetrain. Say hello to a new TC, Trans, and maybe a new rear end. Give BuilderBill a call.
smile.gif

If you are seriously looking for the Arrington 440, let me know, a friend of mine in NY works on high performance J/C/D vehicles. He can also get you theengine too.

[h1]Wohcttank I remember that. They also had tons of jeeps in the old North town mall parking lot.
[/h1]

I had a TBSS line up next to me at a light today. He thought he was the fastest thing on the block. Dude was racing people that wasnt racing him. I said tomyself, I will take care of this fool. I lined up next to this fool and he was staring at the light, I turned ESP off, slapped the Jeep into 1st and launchedit when the light turned green. I smoked that fool and taught him a lesson. Then the dude had the bug eyes while he was driving by, staring at the SRT.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

I had a TBSS line up next to me at a light today. He thought he was the fastest thing on the block. Dude was racing people that wasnt racing him. I said to myself, I will take care of this fool. I lined up next to this fool and he was staring at the light, I turned ESP off, slapped the Jeep into 1st and launched it when the light turned green. I smoked that fool and taught him a lesson. Then the dude had the bug eyes while he was driving by, staring at the SRT.

WOW. Cool story bro
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom