Jenny Hyun responds to Mayweather's "Lin tweet"

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Deadset what exactly wont you give Floyd a pass for? Saying something that YOU don't like?
im far from an nba fan, let alone a lin fan. i just find it hypocritical that floyd's getting a pass from some of you when rush's comments were undeniably racist.
I'm in a tough spot now that that other Mayweather incident has been brought up but I was under the impression that you think Mayweather's getting a pass for what he said about Lin, correct? What Floyd said about Lin isn't racist, it doesn't need a pass, you just don't like it.

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "Assoon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellowchump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about mefighting the ******. Once I kick the ****** +!+, I don't want you allto jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ...Once I stomp the ******, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushiroll and cook me some rice."
Now Floyd could very well be racist, either way I don't condone this and think he's wrong for it. But I also understand that he's in the business of self promotion. In that sense his line of work is more akin to WWE than the NBA. Drama, controversy, attention, he need all that. Call it giving it him a pass if that's how you want to see it, I already said it's wrong. But corporations and big business' implement business strategies that I think are immoral everyday.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

29bo8wm.gif

He could have said the same thing without the racial comments, and it would've still been controversial enough to make headlines just because of the sheer amount of disrespect. I'm sure he doesn't care, but before he made this statement there were still many Asian Mayweather fans who couldn't stand the Pacquiao hype. Guess which side they're on now?

Dude is already the biggest name in boxing. He doesn't need to say all this racist @#$% to get attention and make the news. He says this @#$% because he knows there won't be any real consequences, and at the end of the day he's still rich as @#$% (which is the only thing that matters to him)

Also don't get how sushi rolls and yellow skin have anything to do with Filipinos, and how Pacquiao is a ****** when Floyd is 1-2 inches taller

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Great job Mayweather
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully he can get cold-cocked in the middle of a grocery store, and Hyun walks in front of a bus.

Mayweather and Hyun should just fight and take each other out.
Ones going to a mental institution the other prison

nawlinsjunkie wrote:
He could have said the same thing without the racial comments, and it would've still been controversial enough to make headlines just because of the sheer amount of disrespect. I'm sure he doesn't care, but before he made this statement there were still many Asian Mayweather fans who couldn't stand the Pacquiao hype. Guess which side they're on now?

Dude is already the biggest name in boxing. He doesn't need to do say all this racist @#$% to get attention and make the news. He says this @#$% because he knows there won't be any real consequences, and at the end of the day he's still rich as @#$% (which is the only thing that matters to him)

1.) You don't know what the headlines would have been like had he said something different.

2.) It doesn't matter which side their on as long as they chalk up that $55 for PPV

3.) All this racist @+*+? We're talking about ONE incident right? Again some of you need to get over yourselves. The comments about Lin were not racist.

4.) What's more logical, he said what he said because he knew there would be no consequences or he said what he said because it would increase his revenue... Don't you see how you contradicted yourself there at the end? You say the only thing that matters to him is $ yet to you it makes more sense for him to say what he said because he's got a personal beef with Asians? Riiiiiight.

I'm really not trying to defend the dude. What he said was racist and wrong. But don't be blind to the business side of it.

+*@@ YUKU

Just butchered my whole reply ^^

At the end of the day what he said about Pacquiao is racist and wrong but if you're blind to the business side of it I can't help you.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Looks like UFC's Dana White jumped into the fray...He called Floyd a racist. Link to ESPN story here.

Uncle Dana just want Money to fight Edgar or Aldo.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

wasn't my intention to be funny, word to the situational racism thread.

as for lin as a player, im pretty sure he's getting the most attention because he was under the radar, but then led the knicks to 8/10 wins, came out avg over 25 a game, and what...over 10 assists? high TO yea, but thats just something that can be worked on with gained exp. people forget dude went from being a bench/roster slot holder/d leaguer to going 40min a game.

last time i checked westbrook is has already established his reputation as effective pg for okc, ellis is already known to be a one of the better scorers in the game, and one if not best player on the warriors. steve nash really? no1 talks about steve nash? REALLY? he's been around for HOW LONG?! yea he's def under the radar
grin.gif

him being asian american def plays a part, because of the increased fanbase, and the increase in business with relation to msg and the nba. but its not the primary reason.

mayweather was def not on the level of this jenny girl...it just wasn't a valid point honestly.

This.

There are far more factors to his popularity than him being an Asian-American. Leading a failing and increasingly desperate New York team on a winning streak to the playoffs(and when the hell has the New York Knicks had so much hope?), underdog story -- he torched just before he got cut, devout believer right after Tebowmania, being Asian-American, being from Harvard, etc. Reducing it to "It's all due to him being Asian" is wrong and it shrinks his success. I can see how it is offensive. Draw some parallels to people of your own race and try to empathize. Throw in Floyd's past comments and it doesn't look good. Jeremy Lin is a story perfectly packaged for the media on practically every front. And on top of that, he's actually good at his position, unlike Tebow.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Looks like UFC's Dana White jumped into the fray...He called Floyd a racist. Link to ESPN story here.
He's right. Dude has a personal agenda against Asians. I mean what kind of  dumb @#$ would say "I don't see black players getting the same praise"?

Dude is getting passes left and right. "He's just trolling" or "he's just doing it for attention"
laugh.gif
Dude doesn't have to go on continuous racist rants to prove that he's a racist. Those girls in that video from Florida made one video about black people. Surely they're not racist
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by sreggie101

wasn't my intention to be funny, word to the situational racism thread.

as for lin as a player, im pretty sure he's getting the most attention because he was under the radar, but then led the knicks to 8/10 wins, came out avg over 25 a game, and what...over 10 assists? high TO yea, but thats just something that can be worked on with gained exp. people forget dude went from being a bench/roster slot holder/d leaguer to going 40min a game.

last time i checked westbrook is has already established his reputation as effective pg for okc, ellis is already known to be a one of the better scorers in the game, and one if not best player on the warriors. steve nash really? no1 talks about steve nash? REALLY? he's been around for HOW LONG?! yea he's def under the radar
grin.gif

him being asian american def plays a part, because of the increased fanbase, and the increase in business with relation to msg and the nba. but its not the primary reason.

mayweather was def not on the level of this jenny girl...it just wasn't a valid point honestly.

This.

There are far more factors to his popularity than him being an Asian-American. Leading a failing and increasingly desperate New York team on a winning streak to the playoffs(and when the hell has the New York Knicks had so much hope?), underdog story -- he torched just before he got cut, devout believer right after Tebowmania, being Asian-American, being from Harvard, etc. Reducing it to "It's all due to him being Asian" is wrong and it shrinks his success. I can see how it is offensive. Draw some parallels to people of your own race and try to empathize. Throw in Floyd's past comments and it doesn't look good. Jeremy Lin is a story perfectly packaged for the media on practically every front. And on top of that, he's actually good at his position, unlike Tebow.
Mayweather fans seem to ignore all of this. "But he's just trolling, guys"

Who is Jenny Hyun? She's somewhat hot, but her eyes and antics show how schizoid she can be. LOL

Either way, this of course is racist. Asian people were never good at sports in relations to black and white people, but that is why Lin's story is so "easy" to cover. Either way, this is freedom of speech and I don't find it offensive. Rather I find it humorous.

Guys and coaches can't make a comment about a white kid or black kid now? I mean, they are obviously genetically diff't in their respective ways, which is why they are diff't to begin with. LOL

Dana White is a joke too.

Making a comment is now racist? Having a stereotype or prejudice is now racist? COME ON MAN.

It's been going on since people fought each other.

RunningFishy wrote:

Making a comment is now racist? Having a stereotype or prejudice is now racist? COME ON MAN.

It's been going on since people fought each other.
"Obama is president only because black people voted for him" Do you find comments like this humorous too?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "Assoon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellowchump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about mefighting the ******. Once I kick the ****** +!+, I don't want you allto jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ...Once I stomp the ******, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushiroll and cook me some rice."

Definitely NOT racist
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna guess your not asian?

Nawlinsjunkie I find it humorous just like the Lin thing. In both cases we know it's not the only thing but to act like it has no basis in either case is being naive.

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

Definitely NOT racist
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I'm gonna guess your not asian?
I'm gonna guess you didn't see the stoneface/sarcasm in my comment

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Nawlinsjunkie I find it humorous just like the Lin thing. In both cases we know it's not the only thing but to act like it has no basis in either case is being naive.

I agree that it has some basis. But the "only" makes a huge difference. It's completely downplaying the talent of the 2 individuals. It's like saying "Obama is a smart dude. But the only reason he's in office is because of black people." That kind of statement implies that he doesn't truly deserve to be where he is right now, while ignoring the fact that he was a better candidate than everyone else.

Originally Posted by iYen

Who is Jenny Hyun and why should anyone care what she says on twitter?
Ol, flat wall face.
She's using any means to get people to talk about her.
She playing the game...she playing the game.
/rant
I just yelled.

Nawlins I agree but everybody giving Floyd toooo much credit. I understand what he meant he just can't articulate it like others could so its easy to poo poo on him. I don't believe in "only" in Lin/obama case but race is bigger in lin case than Obama's. Obama couldn't win if every black person voted for him unless other groups did too cause I'm pretty sure we all can do simple population math. With Lin he is an oddity and just like tiger, eminem, whoever when you see one of your own doing work in a field that your not known for you are happy. Being in NY definitely helped too cause if dude did this in a smaller market I still dont think this would be as big.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I agree that it has some basis. But the "only" makes a huge difference. It's completely downplaying the talent of the 2 individuals. It's like saying "Obama is a smart dude. But the only reason he's in office is because of black people." That kind of statement implies that he doesn't truly deserve to be where he is right now, while ignoring the fact that he was a better candidate than everyone else.

You can't put a single predetermining factor for a reason.  Race is always going to be part of the prejudice and equation.  This is just how it is.  Society tries to paint a diff't story though.  It tries to make 'race' a non issue when success is on  hand, but it'll blame 'race' as the sole reason for a particular down fall.  This is obviously the case in our society.

To say one would vote for a president based on merit or academics is bull crap.  Yes, Obama won by votes and whether or not his race played a big factor is yours to debate, but none the less, race is, was, and forever will be part of the equation.

Like I said, the Lin story is very easy for the media.  America is tired of seeing these 'prospects' brush the covers of SI and fall into the oblivion.  You could say, this is similar to the 'athletes' that went on game covers.  From Vince Young, to Peyton Hillis, to many others.  Their 10 mins of fame is just that, 10 mins, if they don't seek an encore, they'll just be easily replaced by someone else.  Look at Tebow, for Christ's sake.  NO one cares about him now.

In hind sight, why should there be a benchmark guideline in justification for me voting who I want to vote? If I voted for Obama because he was black, why is that wrong?

Jeremy Lin's hype is based PRIMARILY on his race, anyone that says otherwise is a joke. There is nothing RACIST about it, but it becomes RACIST when YOU PUT HIM IN THE ALL STAR WEEKEND based on his hype and performance for the past few games. THAT IS BEING RACIST !!!!! Then again, the NBA ALL STAR was purely based on 'voting'. lolz

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

In hind sight, why should there be a benchmark guideline in justification for me voting who I want to vote? If I voted for Obama because he was black, why is that wrong?

Jeremy Lin's hype is based PRIMARILY on his race, anyone that says otherwise is a joke. There is nothing RACIST about it, but it becomes RACIST when YOU PUT HIM IN THE ALL STAR WEEKEND based on his hype and performance for the past few games. THAT IS BEING RACIST !!!!! Then again, the NBA ALL STAR was purely based on 'voting'. lolz
exactly. Go to a knicks game and ask the 70 year old asian lady why she's there. Look at the numbers Knicks games are doing in China. Ask the random asian person why they are buying a Lin jersey. They might say because he is good, but they also will say because he is asian. Nothing wrong with it. But why cant that be used in an argument. I root for Venus and serena because they are the only black female players. I cant have it both ways and call somebody racist for calling me out

Back
Top Bottom