JERU THE DAMAJA APPRECIATION

one of my favorite MCs ever. imo, him and primo made better music than primo and guru. yeah, i said it.

Definitely appreciated
pimp.gif

Most definitely appreciated!!!
Jeru just knew how to wreck a beat AND be on some elevation and education (knowledge of self) $*!@.Let's not even get into the production (which was way ahead of it's time) and the concepts were flawless!It's really too bad they stopped working together (Same goes for Pete & CL).

Jeru is a better MC than Guru, but no way did he make better music with Preme than Gang Starr.

Jeru is very appreciated. Don't get much iller than "Come Clean".

he's so underappreciated...
Its another case where people only remember the production or the beats (ex: if someone says come clean...the first thing they gonna talk about is the beat)....

but he had some crazy spit to him as well...

"Aint the Devil Happy" is my @!@+....

I wonder what he's doing wit himselfthesedays...

^Don't forget the Fugees McFlyyy!
"I heard some emcees wanna bring it,but a female is one of their strongest men/when I step to you don't seek refuge make it happen f___ the rappin'.........because I know I got that soul..."
Smh.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^Don't forget the Fugees McFlyyy!
"I heard some emcees wanna bring it,but a female is one of their strongest men/when I step to you don't seek refuge make it happen f___ the rappin'.........because I know I got that soul..."
Smh.
word...they threw hella shots at him on the score also.."no matter who you damaged you still a false prophet"

What's amazing is how Jeru was just one of the dozens of really great, progressive MC's from that day. There are maybe three or four MC's today that could be considered that.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Jeru is a better MC than Guru, but no way did he make better music with Preme than Gang Starr.

Jeru is very appreciated. Don't get much iller than "Come Clean".
Come Clean is one of te songs that defines the genre for me. Soo sick.

Back
Top Bottom