Jim Jones & Hit Maka - Back In My Prime

Once this dude hangs it up and we're forced to objectively look at his catalog..

97C468FA-EB56-4B79-A60A-83AAB4756DA6.png
97C468FA-EB56-4B79-A60A-83AAB4756DA6.png

I spun this earlier and while it was a decent outing for Jim Jones, it’s a decent outing compared to his previous work. There are 4-5 songs I like, but as a collective project this was light. The Program is still a better body of work if you want to compare recent Diplomats projects. However I’m not knocking his effort, as he’s in the studio unlike Juelz

I spun this earlier and while it was a decent outing for Jim Jones, it’s a decent outing compared to his previous work. There are 4-5 songs I like, but as a collective project this was light. The Program is still a better body of work if you want to compare recent Diplomats projects. However I’m not knocking his effort, as he’s in the studio unlike Juelz

agree. I relate more to Cam's bars than Jim's. I'm a fan of the intro though.

B0D6B0E1-8513-4240-9CD6-A81D153C078F.jpeg

Yea it’s not better that this album on mixing/engineering alone, much less the actual music

Gotta check this. Stumbled upon one track last night, and the sample got me. Jim ain't the best rapper, but he knows how to create a feel with his songs.

I swear I was thinking this when I was listening to this project. This is a very dope album.

Jim Jones may not have a Come Home With Me or Purple Haze (even though the latter is pretty bloated), but his consistency is far better than Cam's. Purple Haze was the last Cam album I liked. Killa Season and Crime Pays were alright, and I never cared about Vado much to really be into the stuff they did together

Love the production and the Bronx Tale theme, I was hoping that's where he was going when I saw that album title.

Overall it's cool but it's too many songs and way too many features. A lot of the features are wack as **** too, sound out of place.

Cam ain't made a good project since Purple Haze. It's been over.

Absolutely false.

More importantly even if Cam never realesed anything after Purple Haze he'd still have the better catalogue, Jim aint never made **** worth listening to that didn't involve Cam, Max or Stack dude made a career outta lipsynching and wearing nice sneakers.

Great album! Forcing my kids to watch Bronx Tale this weekend. Sooo many jewlz dropped in that movie

Last edited:
Absolutely false.

More importantly even if Cam never realesed anything after Purple Haze he'd still have the better catalogue, Jim aint never made **** worth listening to that didn't involve Cam, Max or Stack dude made a career outta lipsynching and wearing nice sneakers.

Max, Stack, either way you put it Jim got a better catalog. None of them are on this new project and it's fire. Cam been *** for years. It's over.

Whatever you say doggie.

you couldn't name 5 Jim solo joints and neither can anyone else.

I actually probably could but with that said, this tape was not the business. I read this thread thinking it was about to be hella sick but it was just ehhh, imo. The Program >>>>> this joint

I’m taking Cam’s catalogue over Jim and it’s not even close for me.

I **** with Harlem and POME hard

I actually probably could but with that said, this tape was not the business. I read this thread thinking it was about to be hella sick but it was just ehhh, imo. The Program >>>>> this joint

There’s nothing in the Program better than this album, even if it had proper mixing and mastering

OMWTC>POME> DOS>WL
very worthy release from Jimmy. he has a ear for talent like dre. IDK about Trav tho. is he from NY or harlem? Cuz he sould like a mix of south n up top. his voice is dope but south accent on some tracks was not expected and not wanted.
Cam and Bandana tracks was :pimp:
greatly appreciated.

Ill say what the consensus already knows....... Juelz=Wasted talent :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom