Jim Jones & Hit Maka - Back In My Prime

There’s nothing in the Program better than this album, even if it had proper mixing and mastering

Really?? Hallejuah is my JOINT although the female doing the adlibs is annoying as hell but beat wise and Cam's flow on it, i mess with. "I never was a rapper mane!...i'ma get money fella i do this for leisure" and "want 12 bars? let me f ya baby mutha, word to mutha, why? cause sucka i don't need ya money" :pimp:

It's Killa is also my joint.

Still Dipset and Living My Best Life my favs off Jimmy's joint though. Anyone know the sample to Living my best life?

I was pretty sure I would enjoy it off the first spin Jim’s album . But playing it consistently helped a lot I think it’s a hit . Always enjoyed his album On my way to church he really came threw with the Twin Tower song the beat is sick production is nuts. I always enjoy his lyrical skills since first album. You can say he is here for a NY rapper putting us on the map. Nice post :smokin thanks

This album is so good that I actually had Dust and Power on the back burner before I posted that, just cause there's so many good songs on there. Halfway through the year, this is still my favorite album, though some recent albums have slowly been creeping up on it.

Cats up in here wildin, Cam > Jim easily, and I’m a Jim fan to the max. I give Cam the slight edge, because he can still make a career for no names if he wants to. Everybody from dipset piggy backed off of him. He said he’ll never put anybody on after Vado bounced on him, to go sign with Khaled, which didn’t work in the long run for Vado. He said after he grinded for Vado with the BOAB mixtape series, he got him a deal, then Vado ran off. With Jim, it always seems like he used the hood talent (Max,Stacks,etc) for the hooks, song concepts from them to use as his own for his personal gain, while stalling out from making them bigger names while he could’ve done it. That’s why I give the edge to Cam. Cam will blow you up ASAP, Jim will just use you, while he keeps you in the back, hidden from the spotlight.

Jim is very consistent though, there’s no denying that. He has that nack for picking the right beats and just riding it very good like Ross does. He’s not very lyrical, but he can ride a beat good, plus he has a destictive voice, which is part of the battle. It seems like a lot of Rappers are horrible at choosing beats. Imagine if Nas chose the same beats as Ross,Jim,Jeezy, Game has in the past. Beat selection is 30%, voice cadence is 20%, skill is 50%.

Cats up in here wildin, Cam > Jim easily, and I’m a Jim fan to the max. I give Cam the slight edge, because he can still make a career for no names if he wants to. Everybody from dipset piggy backed off of him. He said he’ll never put anybody on after Vado bounced on him, to go sign with Khaled, which didn’t work in the long run for Vado. He said after he grinded for Vado with the BOAB mixtape series, he got him a deal, then Vado ran off. With Jim, it always seems like he used the hood talent (Max,Stacks,etc) for the hooks, song concepts from them to use as his own for his personal gain, while stalling out from making them bigger names while he could’ve done it. That’s why I give the edge to Cam. Cam will blow you up ASAP, Jim will just use you, while he keeps you in the back, hidden from the spotlight.

In 2018, Jim is way better than Camron, and probably had been better for a couple of years

Jim is very consistent though, there’s no denying that. He has that nack for picking the right beats and just riding it very good like Ross does. He’s not very lyrical, but he can ride a beat good, plus he has a destictive voice, which is part of the battle. It seems like a lot of Rappers are horrible at choosing beats. Imagine if Nas chose the same beats as Ross,Jim,Jeezy, Game has in the past. Beat selection is 30%, voice cadence is 20%, skill is 50%.

Agree with all of this. Pretty much the perfect description of him right now. He may not be the best rapper, but he sounds good doing it and perfectly stays in his lane. There’s a lot of vets out there that should take notice.

INTRO good part of this album. Joint trash.

Daytona, Victory Lap, Book of Ryan are way better.

Daytona and Victory Lap are two of my top 5 along with Wasted Talent. Thought some of the beats could have been better on Book Of Ryan, but it’s off the charts lyrically.

Feel like Daytona might have been hype lol. It's a good album, but short and not too much replay value. Hard Piano being my favorite song though.

The video/single rollout for Wasted Talent is making me apperciate the album more though. Haven't given the album repeated playthroughs, but gives me a chance to enjoy songs I overlooked.

Dust and Powder...:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom