Jim Rome vs David Stern - rome beats his wife and the nba lottery was fixed

What on earth is Barkley talking about. AAU is the worst thing in the world. worse then Tornados and Tsunamis?? What is he on???

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

This year's "lottery was rigged" storyline was pathetic. 
This. 
I'm not a fan of Stern, but I don't really blame him for blowing up over the same stupid question he's been asked since the lottery took place.

Jim Rome is that dude
laugh.gif

i gotta hear this....

EDIT:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i hate $tern just as much as the next man but i gotta give it to him, he pulled Rome's heart out and punted it on his own show

I think stern was right with everything he said tho.

Rome's whole deal is kind of a gimmick when you think about how he makes controversial comments just to draw attention

Stern is a funny dude tho. Too smart/clever for a lot of people

was it necessary to say "do you still beat your wife?"

stern gave the correct answer, but that wasn't necessary. rome asked a question and didn't imply that it was his personal opinion.

if ______ said that at a post game conference, he'd be fined.

I seen someone on here say Rome's trying to be Skip, & that's what it's really starting to look like. 

Rome isn't trying to be skip..Rome isn't going for cheap thrills or gimmicks...go YouTube some of early shows from the early 90s...this is just how he is...he's not afraid to ask the tough questions...

With that said...

Good interview...stern got all Carl Thomas on Rome then the insults started flying...the most articulate, cordial form of disrespect I've witnessed...half expected to hear "worldstar"yelled in the back ground....

More lowblows than chyna in that one...

new rule implemented for next yr. automatic 10 gm suspension and $20k fine for any player visiting "the jungle"

all stern had to say was , "yes, just like the 1985 draft"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rome been doing Rome for a good 15+ years.
he aint trying to be skip bayless at all.

I'm saying. He's not trolling with his stances. But he pushes the envelope...Skip just has two characters he amplifies/criticizes: Tim Tebow/LeBron James.
Skip was actually legit on that 30 for 30 for SMU.

Just heard the audio, Rome did a good job handling the situation until the very end.
laugh.gif

Man, I was hoping David Stern would have flipped out...but he kept his usual, calm and cool demeanor. Still 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
though

Rome V. Stern is always entertaining. I know he's not for everyone but I enjoy Rome.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rome been doing Rome for a good 15+ years.
he aint trying to be skip bayless at all.

I'm saying. He's not trolling with his stances. But he pushes the envelope...Skip just has two characters he amplifies/criticizes: Tim Tebow/LeBron James.
Skip was actually legit on that 30 for 30 for SMU.

Just heard the audio, Rome did a good job handling the situation until the very end.
laugh.gif
All of this. 

Man +!+$ David Stern for this!!

Stern has no right to bring up personal family issues with another man and his wife. In no way, shape or form what Jim Rome does to his wife is disgusting, however - you don't make it personal with another man because he questions the dignity of the sport WE ALL WATCH.

Stern once again proving why he is scumbag, worthless human being. I really hope Jim Rome takes this to another level.

I feel like David Stern just started a war with Jim.

No way this is acceptable by Stern, and some of you should feel shamed for applauding him.

Back
Top Bottom