**JIMI HENDRIX - VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE**

280uudt.jpg

ain't nobody talkin about this yet??? i'm about to give it a spin in a minute

I'm pretty sick of whoever it is re-releasing his songs so they can bank off of the man's name.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

I'm pretty sick of whoever it is re-releasing his songs so they can bank off of the man's name.

- Tical.
I'm not, some of the best guitar riffs and solos of the year are on this CD.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

- Tical.
I'm not, some of the best guitar riffs and solos of the year 1969 are on this CD.

Fixed.

- Tical.

I'm about to grab this...

...and I don't give a *+@* who's releasing the songs or whatever their reasons are - it's new Jimi.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I'm about to grab this...

...and I don't give a *+@* who's releasing the songs or whatever their reasons are - it's new Jimi.

Um.....no it's not.  That's why I said, "re-releasing".

- Tical.

^ Sure, this may not be NEW, never heard music from Hendrix. But some of this stuff IS pretty rare, so unless you're some uber-Hendrix fan, odds are you may not have heard some of the versions on this album. So that said, this is "new" to some people and not a "re-release".

I mean, if you're a fan you're a fan and you won't be mad at any release. If Mobb Deep dropped an album of all their non-album material from the 90's, would I be mad? Nope. Same goes for this, regardless of why or who is releasing it because it IS good, quality music. Now all these Pac albums are another story lol.

But this isn't his "non-album" stuff per your Mobb Deep example, half of this stuff has already been on an album and the other half is available in one way or another.  All these Pac albums are EXACTLY what is going on with Hendrix man, how can you not see that?

- Tical.

But this isn't his "non-album" stuff per your Mobb Deep example, half of this stuff has already been on an album and the other half is available in one way or another.  All these Pac albums are EXACTLY what is going on with Hendrix man, how can you not see that?

- Tical.

This is nothing like Pac.  The only similarity is that Jimi's family is in control of his estate, if I'm not mistaken.

Most of the 2Pac albums have taken Pac's lyrics and then let some bootleg $+! producers do their thing.  And then they take whoever is "hot" at the moment and throw them on the track with Pac and expect people to ooh and ahh over it.  If this latest Hendrix album, or any of the posthumous joints, had current artists on them playing alongside Jimi, then you could call it similar.  But that's not the case.   

Are there some songs that we've heard before?  Yup.  But there are different versions or outtakes that are on there too.  Basically they took these versions and remastered them and threw them on an album.  To me, that is NOTHING like what has happened with 2Pac.  Nobody switched up the production on the Neptune album.  Nobody tampered with the MUSIC like they did with Pac.  All they did was update it and make it listenable by today's standards and threw it on a disc.  And if anyone is going into this expecting a real album, they're an idiot.  Basically its a snapshot in time with recordings that all happened in that timeframe.  Throw it together and sell it.  Could it be seen as pimping the Hendrix name?  Sure--I'll give you that.  But what REALLY matters is the music.  And the music is just as listenable now as it was then.  I can't say that about most of the posthumous Pac albums.  Can you?  

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

- Tical.

This is nothing like Pac.  The only similarity is that Jimi's family is in control of his estate, if I'm not mistaken.

Most of the 2Pac albums have taken Pac's lyrics and then let some bootleg $+! producers do their thing.  And then they take whoever is "hot" at the moment and throw them on the track with Pac and expect people to ooh and ahh over it.  If this latest Hendrix album, or any of the posthumous joints, had current artists on them playing alongside Jimi, then you could call it similar.  But that's not the case.   

Are there some songs that we've heard before?  Yup.  But there are different versions or outtakes that are on there too.  Basically they took these versions and remastered them and threw them on an album.  To me, that is NOTHING like what has happened with 2Pac.  Nobody switched up the production on the Neptune album.  Nobody tampered with the MUSIC like they did with Pac.  All they did was update it and make it listenable by today's standards and threw it on a disc.  And if anyone is going into this expecting a real album, they're an idiot.  Basically its a snapshot in time with recordings that all happened in that timeframe.  Throw it together and sell it.  Could it be seen as pimping the Hendrix name?  Sure--I'll give you that.  But what REALLY matters is the music.  And the music is just as listenable now as it was then.  I can't say that about most of the posthumous Pac albums.  Can you?  

That's all I'm saying.  Jimi must roll over in his grave every time they release one of these things.  I have every Hendrix audio file in existence (to my knowledge), the special edition box set, 2 books on his life, 4 posters in my apartment, 3 t-shirts, the horrible movie they made, 6 DVD's, and 3 vinyl records.  I'm as big of a Hendrix fan as you can find, so it disgusts me that they are living off his name like this.  Even though I've heard most of it I'll listen to every one of these things they release just because I love his music so much, but will I ever buy any of them?  No !$!!$%# way.

- Tical.

I believe the album is the one he was planing to release before he died. All the songs are unreleased songs. So not a re-release or a compilation.

Originally Posted by kash55

I believe the album is the one he was planing to release before he died. All the songs are unreleased songs. So not a re-release or a compilation.

Either you haven't seen the tracklist or you know next to nothing about Hendrix.

- Tical.

Either you haven't seen the tracklist or you know next to nothing about Hendrix.

- Tical.
I'm sayin though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

- Tical.
I'm sayin though
laugh.gif

Well, here is the info. I know some of the songs were unofficially release in lower quality.

completely unreleased studio album features 12 previously unreleased studio recordings totalling over 60 minutes of unheard Jimi Hendrix.
Ten of these recordings were made between February and May, 1969, as the Jimi Hendrix Experience set out to create the sequel to their groundbreaking 1968 double-album Electric Ladyland.
The majority of the tracks featured on Valleys of Neptune were recorded in early 1969, while Hendrix was experimenting with songs for his (never released) fourth album

Maybe a couple songs, but for the most part this is all pre-released material.  Don't believe everything you read.

- Tical.

Back
Top Bottom