Job application help? Vol. Finish Line

Hi NT, so this morning I handed a resume at Finish Line. I was really confident for this and I want the job very bad. However, I went to go workout and forgot my phone at home... I just came home, and I got two missed calls from Finish Line. One at 4pm and one right now, at 9pm. I tried calling back but it's closed now. What should I say tomorrow when I call back? I think it was the manager who called me. Thanks!

Keep it simple. When you call back (try to do it in the AM a half hour before they open - most managers are there at that time), state your name and ask to speak with the hiring manager. Once you are on with him/her, apologize for missing the phone calls, and politely ask if the phone calls were concerning the job application. If they are, state that you are very interested in the position, with some reasons and hopefully you land an interview/job.

Good luck!

You're alright bro. Go ahead and give them a call tomorrow bright and early and tell them who are and that you missed their call

i'll be applying there and FTL in one month. Desperately hoping to get a job there, that discount on shoes would save me ALOT.
When you call tomorrow, just say that you handed in a resume there yesterday and received twos calls that you missed. Then they will probably want to bring you in for an interview. Good luck fam'.
Also OP, out of curiosity, how old are you?  Not trying to hate or anything, just wondering.

Make sure your store has a lot of traffic and maybe ask the other employees what their avg. week is in terms of selling.

When I worked there I made the mistake of being in the worst store in the district and it was bad no people coming in= no money being made.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

i'll be applying there and FTL in one month. Desperately hoping to get a job there, that discount on shoes would save me ALOT.
When you call tomorrow, just say that you handed in a resume there yesterday and received twos calls that you missed. Then they will probably want to bring you in for an interview. Good luck fam'.
Also OP, out of curiosity, how old are you?  Not trying to hate or anything, just wondering.
Thanks for the advice guys. Oh, and I am 19.

By the way, what happens when they ask me for an interview? What should I expect?

Originally Posted by Mitsui

By the way, what happens when they ask me for an interview? What should I expect?
Previous work experience, special kills, do you communicate well with others, do you get along well with others,  3 strengths and 3 weaknesses,  why they should hire you over other applying to the same job, why you want the job, can you work weekends/week days, where do you see yourself in x amount of years, what do you thinking could be done to improve Finish Line, do you speak any other languages, etc.  Also, since its Finish Line, they may ask you if you have an interest in shoes/sports.
bxbadboy90 wrote:
^finish line is a commission based job?
i believe you get a base per hour and rest in commission.  I may be wrong.

why would you want to work at a place that any monkey could do the job

intern at a firm that is related to what you want to do for you career

Looking to apply to Finish Line or any other sneaker store real soon. They called you back the same day????

Originally Posted by Mitsui

Previous work experience, special kills, do you communicate well with others, do you get along well with others,  3 strengths and 3 weaknesses,  why they should hire you over other applying to the same job, why you want the job, can you work weekends/week days, where do you see yourself in x amount of years, what do you thinking could be done to improve Finish Line, do you speak any other languages, etc.  Also, since its Finish Line, they may ask you if you have an interest in shoes/sports.
bxbadboy90 wrote:
^finish line is a commission based job?
i believe you get a base per hour and rest in commission.  I may be wrong.

I worked there years ago as a seasonal job, it wasn't commission but you do get a card every morning telling you how many shoes/accessories you have to sell and you have to stay above a certain number.

Finishline doesnt give commissions at all...but if you sell some of the accessories youll get a dollar....plus you start off at 7.50 and hour....job is super easy...but money is not that good....plus discounts are a plus 30% is beast

You start at 6.50 if you are a sales associate. And it's 1% commission. Do the math and see how much you must sell in order to make minimum wage. You get paid every 2 weeks so imagine the first months trying to bring up your hours. The perks are nice but keep in mind it's a commission based job at the end.

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Finishline doesnt give commissions at all...but if you sell some of the accessories youll get a dollar....plus you start off at 7.50 and hour....job is super easy...but money is not that good....plus discounts are a plus 30% is beast
actually, starting in June they went commission based.  

30%?   My boy at FTL got me 50% before and they are the same company.  Maybe its different where I'm located.

Finishline just went commission as of July 10th and the base pay for hourly for sales associates is $6 dollars an hour. You would get 1% commission on shoes 2% on apparel and 5% on accessories. Try and work elsewhere because you will make peanuts dude.

• FNL is now commission based, with that said, take a look at how busy your mall is and keep in mind you will get paid ##$%, and the rest is made by your sales.
  • during the interview, just be easy, feel confident and dress appropriate. i've done interviews where people barely talk, seem intimidated and have shown up in ripped shirts or shorts.
  • if you do get the job, just try your best to take in what they tell you (about the departments, demo's and anything else). I don't mind helping new people but if i see that they aren't even trying, and are only looking for the easy way out by asking me, i'll likely come off as an #$%.
There isn't much else, but i've been working at FNL since i was in high school and now as PT while i'm going to college.

I PRAY you don't get the job after making that fake Facebook page posing as a female to steal some dude's girlfriend.

30%?   My boy at FTL got me 50% before and they are the same company.  Maybe its different where I'm located.
damn it's 50% now and commission based? yeah man last time i worked there was 2 years ago
laugh.gif
 so im pretty sure things have changed

Back
Top Bottom