JOB HUNTING SUCKS......what do sneakerhead kids grow up to be?

i recently got fired from my store manager position at a pretty cool shoe store...
was with the company 6yrs. and suddenly im STUCK... i found a gig that pays LESS,but
seems cool... it just sucks because i dont wanna stop cussing-cut my hair
and start wearing button downs and slacks...

"if ur not ready to dress like a man,your not ready to be a man..."

blah,blah,blah...

but what the hell do goofy sneakerhead kids with tattoos grow up to be?
lol

33k a yr a23yrs old... i thought was average

Try looking for a job in Florida at 17.

smh.gif

i guess alot of it is realizing what you CAN do... and CAN get instead of 10000000 jobs..

i wouldnt expect to find anything over maybe 8-9$ at 17 working maybe 20 hours...

Originally Posted by MrBluPrint

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

job hunting is a full time job

Beyond truth...

Wearing a suit or dressing business casual is REQUIRED if you want to progress in your career and make more money.

So saying that you want to keep wearing sneakers everyday kind of negates you wanting to grow up. PUT YOUR MAN PANTS ON.

i heard sanitary technician make 45 G a year and the job doesnt require you to wear slack and tie.

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

i heard sanitary technician make 45 G a year and the job doesnt require you to wear slack and tie.

laugh.gif
Yuck.
Yeah you say yuck but I bet that 45 G's isn't including all the OT you can make.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

laugh.gif
Yuck.
Yeah you say yuck but I bet that 45 G's isn't including all the OT you can make.
I mean if I was a 40 year old dude down on his luck, I'd consider working that job, but I'm 17 and I have wayyyyy bigger aspirations thanthat.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

laugh.gif
Yuck.

money isnt everything.

i wouldnt do it.

theres A LOT of jobs I wouldnt do.

if your doing a job for the money "fml" imo.

job huntin does suck. i been applying everywhere and finally havin a interview at radio shack today
eyes.gif

you should be good money with a lot of retail positions. its really all in the jargon you put on your resume and the jargon you speak in the interview. ifyou can make them think you can do the job using the right terminology you will be good.

and since retail is generally what suffers during hard economic times, I say you try to find some way to get into sales for a company. like maybe try tobecome some sort of regional sales manager for who the hell knows who. 6 years is a $#+@ ton of experience and you can leverage that if you make it soundgood.

Back
Top Bottom