Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

When sending out my resume I paste this generic cover letter and tailor it slightly to the job if Ican...Here's one I sent to Xerox the other day
Good Day,

I have come across the advertisement for the Technical Customer Service/Inside Sales position via Xerox's website. I believe my credentials and interests are in line with your company's requirements and I wish to be considered as a candidate for this position.

Previously I was employed at Captive-Aire Systems: a top manufacturer in commercial kitchen HVAC equipment. As an inside sales rep., my main duties included: responding to contractor's requests for quotations , providing technical documentation/drawings to specifying engineers and architects, entering and following up with all orders at manufacturing plants as to remain on required schedule and troubleshooting previously purchased equipment. Prior to ******, I worked at ****** as an ****** in the purchasing department. It was at this position where I gained my desire for technical sales. During my employment at Stone & Webster I negotiated the deadline for data and material deliveries on more than 100 major pieces of capital equipment from dozens of different industrial vendors. Having worked with leading companies in their respective areas, I understand the level of professionalism and communication required for short and long-term success in this highly competitive field. I am highly confident that my previous experience coupled with my personal drive and determination to succeed will allow me to be an immediate contributor at Xerox.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss how my experience and goals will be beneficial at Xerox. I look forward to speaking to you regarding this opportunity; please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

I just read this and realized that I didnt change some stuff....!#!$!!!...ah well
I need to change it a bit and talk more about my strengths but it's hard trying to tailor it toeach job when you send out 10 applications a day....or maybe I'm just a little frustrated and lazy
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by TD The God

When sending out my resume I paste this generic cover letter and tailor it slightly to the job if I can...Here's one I sent to Xerox the other day

I just read this and realized that I didnt change some stuff....!#!$!!!...ah well
I need to change it a bit and talk more about my strengths but it's hard trying to tailor it to each job when you send out 10 applications a day....or maybe I'm just a little frustrated and lazy
ohwell.gif
that'l be the one
laugh.gif

im the same though...half the time i dont even attach a cover letter. my experience is so limited that it pretty much aint worth doin
laugh.gif
tired.gif

i still got work though so i cant complain....even though i despise it
sick.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

I should of went to graduate school instead of dealing with this garbage

agreed. im back in school now tho.

I'm still in school and will be for awhile. My family isn't dead broke, but every little bit helps. I'm revising my resume as I type this. LikeI put in the 'Connects' post, I'm always down to network... NT, we can do this together!
nerd.gif

Noy jobless but working in retail with a College Degree sucks big time. At least I'm getting 30 hours a week.
Serious Question: Do any of you know exactly what it is that you want to do for a living?
Yeah. I want to own my own t-shirt business. Also get into real estate. Grind out and eventually have residual money coming incontinuosly.

damn, im in the same situation. hadnt worked full time since feb08
had a pt job, but that company cutting back hrs and now im not even really working
i use to be able to get a call or an interview, now the phone doesnt even ring and nobody responds to emails

might even have to go work retail, but they look at you like why? if you have a degree

Originally Posted by DMan14

damn, im in the same situation. hadnt worked full time since feb08
had a pt job, but that company cutting back hrs and now im not even really working
i use to be able to get a call or an interview, now the phone doesnt even ring and nobody responds to emails

might even have to go work retail, but they look at you like why? if you have a degree
QFT x 100

I'm like, "why not hire someone that you know has some sense?" Right now, acommissioned retail job is what's doing it...I can make dough if I put in the work...I just need the opp

I feel blessed to have a steady job with full benefits at a time like this.

Hell, I'm in the process of pre-qualifying for a home mortgage.

Just gotta keep my fingers crossed...

I'm clinging to my job the best I can. They're downsizing and rearranging everything. Maybe I should get off NT right now and do some work.

here i am turning down job offers ... cant wait till Obamas "plan" kicks in, for yalls sake ...

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

My jobs doing layoffs next week, I'm worried.
Just work your tail off bro. They always saying they want the "young kids" but now everybody's fighting for a spot.
tired.gif

Survival of the fittest I guess.

I quit my job in October. Not really struggling but I'm trying to find a job now and they said I could come back I just don't want to work there.
Working too long of hours and when I wanted to cut back they put me on for only 1 day a week so I said $#$@ it.
I'm just pissed about all the money I could have had from working for the past 4 months.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

here i am turning down job offers ... cant wait till Obamas "plan" kicks in, for yalls sake ...

Turning down job offers??? Man, I don't know what you're doing.

During this economic downturn, know that some industries are flourishing. Look towards any sector that targets consumers based off of a value proposition.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Turning down job offers??? Man, I don't know what you're doing.
well i work at a bank and they offered me a promotion ... but it was one of them promotions that was kind of lik ehalf hearted, we respect whatyou do but arent willing to pay you YET, so i declined ...

then i just applied at verizon for their call center/sales associate position because i heard their starting salaries were nice ... i passed all the tests andgot offered over the weekend but they tried to lowball me on starting salary ... started me at like 19 an hour with guaranteed raises every 6 months until itopped out at $28 or so, which isnt bad but i make more then i would have made starting out so really no point ...

getting ready to apply at prudential though ... their starting salary is nice and when you get established as a personal finance manager with all yourcertificates and %@*%, you can build your client base as big as you want aka you make the money you want to ... i like that idea ...

Damn, hope y'all find jobs. %$*% is really *!!**% up.

I highly recommend lookin up classes in your area to get your State Guard Card.

Easy *%+ jobs...whether its Graveyard, Day, Swing. I don't recommend gettin a Mall Security job but look for a Security company that has business atOffice Buildings/ Airport/ and Etc. There's tons of security jobs where you don't really have to do %$*% but "Observe and Report"
laugh.gif
, theonly thing you gotta remember after taking the classes. In Cali, it costs around $100 but theres classes where you just stay with a group of people, watchcorny *%+ videos and the teacher leaves the room while y'all take your test. Common sense questions but the group session I was in all helped each otherout. Once your 21 you can actually get a Concealed Weapons Permit which I'll most likely get. Annual renewal is around $50 every 1 or 2 years withouttaking classes. I mean you can use your card to get a Taser / Pepper Spray or whatever if y'all are interested but you gotta take classes for that too. Iwas told that for the Pepper Spray class its a requirement that you smear pepper spray under your eye
indifferent.gif
, %!*+ all that. On Craigslists theres alot of jobsthat starts you off at $13-16 an hour.

+ Guard Card
+ Eligible for Concealed Weapons Permit / Taser / Pepper Spray / Baton. (I'm thinkin bout just gettin the CCW)
+ Starting Pay in my area is $13-16
+ Simple job roles like "Monitoring Screens, Front Desk, Patroling, etc."
+ I really doubt they will cut Security jobs at all. (Airport and TSA is strict though, you get caught slippin ONCE...you'll get canned)

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom