Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Trust me I know how you feel. There's days I don't want to get out of bed because I feel as if I have no purpose, but I just keep my phone next to me hoping that someone will call me for an interview. Had another recruiter call me today to submit for a job. Pays 40-45k which is what I was looking for.

interviewed for a job a wk ago. i was more than qualified for that position. the interview was a little short, seems like she already had someone in mind, since i was basically the last person to interview for that position.

just got a hand written rejection. normally, i dont respond, but i decided to in this case. naturally, i was a bit upset. no, i did not cuss her out and get angry, just kept it professional. >D

do you guys ever respond to rejection letters? im not talking about the automated letters, but the ones that they personally send to you. i just thanked her for even giving me a decision (since a lot of employers dont even bother) and her time for interviewing. said i enjoyed learning about the company and keep me in mind for future opportunities

Last edited:
Worked for Amazon, during "peak" season, last November/December. Temp job, got laid-off.

Found out they were hiring 1,500 people, this Spring. I thought "Great, I have experience from working the temp job...I got this."

Go through a phone interview + face to face interview. Thought it went well...

"We're sorry, but we don't have a reason for not hiring you...but you can try again during the Summer."

.........no.

Applied for Norfolk Southern Railroad..."We regret to inform you, but we're not interested in you right now."

**** this job hunting.

Columbia, SC sucks for jobs.

interviewed for a job a wk ago. i was more than qualified for that position. the interview was a little short, seems like she already had someone in mind, since i was basically the last person to interview for that position.

just got a hand written rejection. normally, i dont respond, but i decided to in this case. naturally, i was a bit upset. no, i did not cuss her out and get angry, just kept it professional. >D

do you guys ever respond to rejection letters? im not talking about the automated letters, but the ones that they personally send to you. i just thanked her for even giving me a decision (since a lot of employers dont even bother) and her time for interviewing. said i enjoyed learning about the company and keep me in mind for future opportunities

No not really, since I never really got a personalized rejection, only automated.

Worked for Amazon, during "peak" season, last November/December. Temp job, got laid-off.

Found out they were hiring 1,500 people, this Spring. I thought "Great, I have experience from working the temp job...I got this."

"We're sorry, but we don't have a reason for not hiring you...but you can try again during the Summer."

.........no.

Applied for Norfolk Southern Railroad..."We regret to inform you, but we're not interested in you right now."

**** this job hunting.

You tried the Upstate? I would suggest Florence/Myrtle Beach but idk if you willing to travel or not.

I went for an interview last Thursday and they asked me if I was to work in Johor Malaysia. I don't know anything about that place! haha

Second interview is set for next Friday, hopefully they'll give me more details about the offer.

Last edited:
My college is having a networking mixer and job fair later this month for alumis and new grads. Gonna try my luck there and see how it goes.

My college is having a networking mixer and job fair later this month for alumis and new grads. Gonna try my luck there and see how it goes.

good luck! school job fairs are much more effective than the ones advertised for everyone in the paper, i've gotten quite a few interviews through my school's postings and job fairs.

the depression is starting to get the better of me, I'm about ready to just give up

I know that feel trust me. Being in debt (college/car/medical bills) and working 3 dead end jobs just to pay the bills with nothing to show for 5 years after graduating college. You can't give up though bro. What would you do instead ya know?

18.. Just looking for job that doesn't involve retail.

Worked at 3 grocery stores and FNL. Can't do it anymore. The feels to jaw every rude *** person I encounter is too real.
I feel you. I work at Albertsons right now and cant deal with this bs no more. I need to find a new job and its going to be hard as **** :smh:

If any of yall are in NYC and are interested in working in the education field, not teaching, hit me up.

.........no.

**** this job hunting.

Have you applied in places like Aiken, or even down here in Augusta, Ga? That's where I am.

Repping

Man U have the bet luck... I have yet to get a call back from baker Hughes and they are posting jobs like crazy

Last edited:
Everything day one too benefits , stock, discounts, everything. Give me a month or 2 and ill try to get more people on if they are willing to relocate and serious

Unemployment is running out and I'm getting absolutely no call backs. So frustrating. Late on rent, looks like I will have to lose my apt. I've even tried selling stuff on Craigslist, paintings/drawings I've done. One guy hit me up about some rims I was selling for 500, but he changed his mind. Someone has to call about a job soon.

Unemployment is running out and I'm getting absolutely no call backs. So frustrating. Late on rent, looks like I will have to lose my apt. I've even tried selling stuff on Craigslist, paintings/drawings I've done. One guy hit me up about some rims I was selling for 500, but he changed his mind. Someone has to call about a job soon.
I know that feel. I have to get a job soon. Getting desperate.

2 mnths late on rent facing eviction. My final unemployment was on 4/2/13. I landed a job on 4/1/13 .... Pray hard, grind hard, and it WILL be done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom