Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I personally hate recruiters. I've been dealing with them since I've been out of work and they haven't been able to do anything for me that I can't do for myself. Doesn't help that many at the staffing agencies work on commission so they'll try to put you with anything without looking to see if you have the years of experience and skills necessary.

Yea for some reason I always get the impression all of them are shady as hell that's why I haven't contacted any of them yet.

I know at my old job we used staffing agencies including account-temps and found good workers - we end up hiring the temps to full-time after 3 months.

My only concern is I don't want to be placed at a crappy job (I used to work at a super crappy, depressed place).

I know beggars can't be choosers or whatever.  But If I get desperate Imma probably have to hit them up.

If anyone knows any good recruiters that are helpful in the socal area please lmk. If I find a good one I'll post in here.

Last edited:
@bullybob I have no knowledge of computers whatsoever lol. I seriously feel like I'm going through some mid life crisis in my 20s. If I don't find a job or start school in another field by the end of summer I'm gonna go crazy lol

Wassup everyone,

For those frustrated job hunting and making a transition into a new career.

Check out my short new article on networking for the next job/internship/career.

On the norcal job thread which is in my signature.

My response to the OP,

I'm frustrated that a lot of the positions I apply and interview for.

I'm always top 3 or top 5 but I never get the position. Really aggrevating right now.....

Back to recruiters. Called an agency I had been dealing with and the recruiter assigned to me was talking about a job he submitted me for months ago. That spoke volumes alone that these guys aren't doing what they're paid to do in addition to the lack of communication b/w recruiters in office as another one had put me in for another position a few weeks ago. Beyond frustrating at this point. I wish that none of us in this thread had to go through this.

^ I was wondering where you were from because there are tons of teaching jobs here in NC and other places in the south...but I know so cal >

:

I've been hearing this for years, and almost went into teaching because of it but just don't want to go into teaching

finally got an email from the place i applied for nearly 2 weeks ago, i didnt get it
mean.gif
 Hang in there imasoleman18. keep applying.

I'm going have to revamp my resume. I think that's why I haven't gotten any call backs. My alma mater is holding another career fair for the alumni later this month. Gonna try and make it out there

Question for NTers:

So I started an unpaid internship related to my major yesterday.
I have an interview next Friday for a paid position relevant to my major at a mid sized firm

Now when I applied for the job, I didn't start the unpaid internship yet and it wasn't on my resume. Should I include it on my resume when I go for the interview?
On one hand, it can show that I have some exposure to the type of work done. On the other hand, they might ask why I was switching so soon and I would only have been to work for 4 full days at the unpaid internship by next Friday.
Advice?

Question for NTers:

So I started an unpaid internship related to my major yesterday.
I have an interview next Friday for a paid position relevant to my major at a mid sized firm

Now when I applied for the job, I didn't start the unpaid internship yet and it wasn't on my resume. Should I include it on my resume when I go for the interview?
On one hand, it can show that I have some exposure to the type of work done. On the other hand, they might ask why I was switching so soon and I would only have been to work for 4 full days at the unpaid internship by next Friday.
Advice?

I wouldn't put it on a resume, you haven't even been there a full week.

Finally getting my first job :pimp:

Still a college student. Gone be an HEB bagger

I know it's not much but finally happy someone's giving me a chance

going in an hour to talk with someone at a dealership im not sure if its an interview so im kind of stuck on what i should wear

dealership... most likely a sales job.  Wear whatever you want you're probably gonna get the job because it's usually commission based.

Nothing wrong with sales job though but you gotta hustle smart to make commission.

If not a sales job disregard post.

Applied for a splice tech position with AT&T in April.

Was scheduled to come in to testing May 16.

Of 30 applicants, 7 passed.

A month later, was offered the position.

I start in a few weeks.

Union gig, weeks paid after 6 months, another two after a year. Vision/Dental/401k

I'm pumped.

I advise you folks to apply if you see positions available in your area.

#KeepHopeALIVE NT!

Last edited:
Congrats to both of you.

I can't take this anymore. I didn't have support in my corner I don't know what I would do.

This thread could use more good news.
and im going to bring some, hired on the spot, i didnt know if this was going to be an interview or not but it was, i start monday unless the drug test results cause issues (not from my end cause im drug and alcohol free) thank you everyone for the consent support and encouragement
Proud of you, big dawg. Go get 'em.

Back
Top Bottom