Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Have an interview with AT&T next week. Any tips on what to wear/what to say to meet there qualifications?
Business casual for AT&T

I interviewed for a wire technician but they have similar questions for interviews.

Name a time when you dealt with an angry customer, how did you help/solve their problem
Name a time when you taught someone how to use a product or service
Etc.

Last edited:
i have a meeting with someone from this temp agency to finish the application for this job..

Had a phone interview last week.. She's saying this is just a meeting so do I dress as if it's an interview or just relaxed business casual?
Dress as if its an interview. I would practice your answers before hand. I would practice for at least an hour before my interviews. As well as the night before.

Aced my panel interview with the police dept, now I'm going into the background phase. Gotta turn in this completed background packet then do the polygraph test
did you pass the written test already? also look into the private PD's in the suburbs those pay the best

and get your academy done asap

also for att ish is whack they cycle thru so many SA's if you aint meeting sales quota

too much pressure and BS for whack pay but interview is fairly easy basic behavior and problem/solution questions

dress code can be lax khakis/buttondown or shirt/tie and dress pants

wear some dress shoes or loafers or at worst clarks or something like that

Last edited:
Another interview in the morning with a energy company. It's an hour away but I wouldn't mind the drive if I got the job so I can get my experience up.

At all time low, almost 2 years without finding a job, get interviews here and then but no call back, really bout to give up.

At all time low, almost 2 years without finding a job, get interviews here and then but no call back, really bout to give up.

Give up and do what? You have nothing to lose by continuing to grind but everything to gain by this experience. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Aced my panel interview with the police dept, now I'm going into the background phase. Gotta turn in this completed background packet then do the polygraph test

did you pass the written test already? also look into the private PD's in the suburbs those pay the best
and get your academy done asap

also for att ish is whack they cycle thru so many SA's if you aint meeting sales quota
too much pressure and BS for whack pay but interview is fairly easy basic behavior and problem/solution questions
dress code can be lax khakis/buttondown or shirt/tie and dress pants
wear some dress shoes or loafers or at worst clarks or something like that

Yea the first step of the process is the physical test which is climbing a 6ft wall, running 60 yds, a 4ft broad jump, then dragging a 154lb dummy 50ft in 3 minutes, which I completed in less than 2 min.

Once you pass that then you do the written test, once you pass that then you do the panel interview. After completing the panel interview and passing they email you the background packet to print and fill out and return to them so that's the step I'm on now. Just waiting for some documents to come in so I can mail it in.

Find out Monday if I got this job. Went back for the third time today. Would be devastated if I don't get it.

Which makes less since for you to give up fam, you have so much of your youth left to be able to grind. What type of work are you wanting to do?

Usually I only apply to stock type of jobs, mostly retail but since I'm not in school this semester I have more time for a full time job but haven't had luck in almost 2 years and I have experience

Which makes less since for you to give up fam, you have so much of your youth left to be able to grind. What type of work are you wanting to do?

Usually I only apply to stock type of jobs, mostly retail but since I'm not in school this semester I have more time for a full time job but haven't had luck in almost 2 years and I have experience

Use Indeed.com, it's a pretty good search engine for jobs in any area. Also make a profile on Linkedin.com, you can connect with many individuals in the field that you're interested in. If you have experience Linkedin can be a pretty good resource.

Why dont you volunteer? Its a great way to get your foot in the door, network and build upon your experience.

I got a tenative job offer a week ago immediately after my interview. I was told to hold tight while the district manager does final approvals and submits background checks. Is it OD if I call them tomorrow and check on my status or ask when I start training?

I'm hating this wait.

I got a tenative job offer a week ago immediately after my interview. I was told to hold tight while the district manager does final approvals and submits background checks. Is it OD if I call them tomorrow and check on my status or ask when I start training?

I'm hating this wait.
thats normal

expect up to two weeks for further contact you dont want to seem too eager and press them and they might get annoyed at that and deem you "thirsty"

you pretty much already have the job and unless you have a record or something should be golden

Just stopping by, if you guys are on the westcoast with a Car, try out for Lyft.com its 20-30$ per hr to be a personal taxi.

My interview today was great, I was given a tour of the facility and after talking with the supervisor I got to talk to the guy I'd be replacing if offered the position. The company is really good and the setting would be perfect. The only bad thing would be driving an hour to work everyday but it's better than what I'm doing now so I hope I get the offer.

My interview today was great, I was given a tour of the facility and after talking with the supervisor I got to talk to the guy I'd be replacing if offered the position. The company is really good and the setting would be perfect. The only bad thing would be driving an hour to work everyday but it's better than what I'm doing now so I hope I get the offer.
Make sure you send a thank you letter to the guy you will be replacing.

Wassup everyone,

Been a while since I posted.

Still working at the same place (making ends meat), but I got an interview lined up for next week so hopefully things will turnout. *fingers crossed*

With that said, I updated the NorCal Job Network Thread with some job/career leads for those interested: http://niketalk.com/t/536248/nt-norcal-job-network-hub-potential-growth

Hope this helps someone out, peace and have a great weekend.

Back
Top Bottom