Joe Budden - No Love Lost (2/5/2013)

Will give a listen. I felt like loose quarter was a bit emotional but decent none the less. Hope he has some good stuff on this.

you say that like it surprises you. Joey's lane is hardcore, emotional, deep lyrics. When he veers from course that's when people start doubting him, hence the pop tracks and features that people get mad at.

^I would be completely shocked if he does anywhere near that. Though I've only seen the show once, even though I'm on the internet a lot, I didn't know anything about this album until ten minutes before I made this thread. On top of not having a single, and the show being the only promotion, I just don't see that happening. It would be good for him if it did, but I just don't see it. I'l just throw 55K out (which I feel is VERY generous) and see what happens. That would be more than Big KRIT and Future, who both had varying degrees of promotion.
55k is very generous. Hes gonna do somewhere around the 20k range. He doesnt have the mainstream following to do more than that.

Joe is the man.. that single with wayne is amazingggg :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

all thats missing is drake, i swear i can see my boii drizzy on there :nthat: :nthat:

This album gonna be dope !! i can already feel it.

- stay freshh

Always good to hear some new Joe. Dont really care about the features, can't be mad at him for trying to sell some records.

Gonna support regardless :pimp:

you say that like it surprises you. Joey's lane is hardcore, emotional, deep lyrics. When he veers from course that's when people start doubting him, hence the pop tracks and features that people get mad at.

Very true. As much as I like joe he can be hit or miss.

this album sucks and im a huge fan.. the features are cliche and the whole sound is nothing like what we've gotten from budden the past 10 yrs..very commercial for most of it.

this album sucks and im a huge fan.. the features are cliche and the whole sound is nothing like what we've gotten from budden the past 10 yrs..very commercial for most of it.
You mean to tell me this album don't have poor beats and trash sound quality ?

That Castles track >>>>>>>>>>

Rest of cd is garbage. Dont eem want to add it to my iTunes.

album got some good cuts

Skeletons
Switch Positions
Castles
My Time
Last Day

you could tell Castles sounds like a Drake track, that has T-Minus written all over it. my favorite song is Skeletons, such a deep song :smokin

Heard that track with Wayne on a WSHH ho vid.
I deadass thought some one chopped & pieced
it together. Like nah, thats not official. Joe wouldnt
do a track with Weezy... Man, was I wrong :smh:

He may be gone but not forgotten. *listens to Growth of a Legend*

He finally decided to step outside of his comfort zone............. dudes want homie to be depressed for his entire life b. He shoulda pushed the promotion for this album a lot more

I got it chillin on my iTunes right now, I'll give it a listen tonight. I know what to expect, but Im hoping for some deep tracks mixed in on here.

no where near as good as mood muzik 2 and 3, there were some good tracks but just didn't do it for me. imma give it a few more listens before i make my full judgement but first listen didn''t really do much for me.

Meh... a few decent tracks... but most throw away.

Joe can rap well when he's not depressed... there are so many slaughterhouse track's he has SPAZZED on.... but this album is trying too hard to be mainstream.

I used to be a huge Joe fan. MM2 and MM3, Padded Room, Halfway House were all very enjoyable to me... but dude has fallen off to me.

Am I the only one that thinks "I'm on One" and "She Don't Put It Down" sounds identical. The beat is almost identical

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 This lame ***** don't even sound right on some of these instrumentals.

What is he attempting here at this point? He's never going to be a successful artist commercially. What the hell is the point of all these features? For what?

Last edited:
Not eem a Wiz fan but he bodied NBA..

Weezy track fire too..

Havent completed the album yet tho

this is like Joe Budden's version of Eminem's Recovery.  Good album but it's definitely missing that dark MM sound.  

Those of you who are coming down hard on this must be new "listeners" of Joe. If you've been listening to him lately he is a far cry from Mood Muzik 2-3-4. Here and there we will go there again, and has done so a few times with No Love Lost.

The fact is that Joey isn't trying to make a new sound, he's simply trying to pander to a greater audience then the depressed, sad, loyal fans he has had for 10+ years.

The joint with Juicy J and Banks in crazy, and if marketed right should be a huuuuuuuuuge single and be all over the clubs and videos etc. I'm gonna have to delete that dumb sex skit...what's the point of that nonsense. Filling up space.
He already is off to a better start then ever before with a song with Wayne and Tank on the radio and in clubs. The hook is catchy and folks are singing it.

If you listened to A Loose Quarter you could tell this is the road he was going from now on. Features, more upbeat, dabbling into love songs. He did that with You and I and it's a really good song.

I'm not a huge fan of NBA, Top of the World, Switch Positions and Ghetto Burbs on first listen. IDK why he put All in My Head and Tell Him Something on the album, those songs are really old and have been out forever.

Skeletons has a great feel to it. My time is great old school Joey, Even the remix to She Don't Put it Down with Fab and Twista is solid.

The album isn't typical Joe the fans grew up with but I think it's a solid album overall for the fans to eat up. Especially his new fans. Will listen a few more times maybe my opinion changes. It's not earth shattering, but it's good.

Back
Top Bottom