Joe Johnson... the most overrated underrated player in the league?

saw his name on the franchise talent/no leader list n got me to thinking... is this guy even that good???

discuss

indifferent.gif

whas the stone face for dre?

he is called by many as been a underrated superstar in the NBA and other then the boston Serise last year dude has been MIA any time he sees the playoffs

all dude has been doing is jacking shots up

He's underrated by casual basketball fans but overrated/overhyped by basketball enthusiasts.

Still a very good player though.

Yeah, I don't think Joe Johnson is a superstar, as some basketball connoisseurs would make him out to be. He is a solid scorer, and leads by example. Guyslike Kobe, D-Wade, and Lebron - trues superstars - are light years ahead of Joe.

A better way to put your statement, which is also what ive been saying for a while now, is that hes the really good but really inconsistent.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

He's underrated by casual basketball fans but overrated/overhyped by basketball enthusiasts.

Still a very good player though.
Correct.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

soft nicest player in the nba

That award goes to Dirk

No.

Correct.

Yeah, he's overrated now. He's still a damn good player but he's not much of a leader. And can't be your #1 guy. A great #2, sure.

good player, star in atl, but then again, so was shareef abdur rahim.. just a great player on a bad team = a lot of points, nothing else.

I don't know, if Wade, Lebron and even Kobe were not able to be gotten in free agency in 2010, I guess I would settle for Joe Johnson.

Not to bad to say that you can settle on him.

Maybe it is just me cause everytime I see him play the Nets, the guy goes nuts and shoots the Three ball lights out.

Not as good as Kobe and Wade or B. Roy, but if I was told we signed him due to not being able to get any of the others mentioned, I would not be upset.

at this point i dont think he's either. Just a solid 2nd tier star.

will dude buy some killer instict though, hes too damn passive sometimes

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is called by many as been a underrated superstar in the NBA and other then the boston Serise last year dude has been MIA any time he sees the playoffs

And to be honest Ive always gassed him up to me peoples. He can be dominant as anybody at times (look at boston last yr like you mentioned) but theseeight games the Hawks have played he's had one above average game. He's capable of a lot more but since the hawks are on nat'l tv one time a reg.season, people dont get to see that..but recently he's just cracked for whatever reason. His defense is underrated and he's a pretty good passer.Superstar? I dont think so but he's def. on that all-star level if that makes sense. imo anyways

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And to be honest Ive always gassed him up to me peoples. He can be dominant as anybody at times (look at boston last yr like you mentioned) but these eight games the Hawks have played he's had one above average game. He's capable of a lot more but since the hawks are on nat'l tv one time a reg. season, people dont get to see that..but recently he's just cracked for whatever reason. His defense is underrated and he's a pretty good passer. Superstar? I dont think so but he's def. on that all-star level if that makes sense. imo anyways

basically. he has the switch, its just not workin for whatever reason. i dont think he worked on his game in the off season
mike woodson should draw up a play for him so he isnt constantly getting doubled at half court
JJ is my main man and all, but he's isnt living up to the "3rd Best SG in the League" i was taggin him at the beginning of the season.

Back
Top Bottom