JOE JOHNSON.....what are your thoughts on him

nice solid, very consistent player; he gets the job done night in and night out. He has the finnese of Ray Allen and the strength of DWade (but lacks theaggressiveness and is not as explosive as he could be).

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Very good player.

I feel that he's underrated by the casual basketball fan but overrated by the basketball purists (if that makes sense).
On point..

He pretty much showed me though that he's not cut out for the super stardom in the All Star game..

What crossover on Powe? He tripped on his feet CLEARLY...But the jumper was
pimp.gif

i hate when people say that he doesn't get enough media attention because he's a quiet guy. if he were that good, the media would come to him and givehim a voice to be heard.

JJ = the goods...

I've always liked him since his days at Arkansas...And he is from the LR area so I #+$$@ with him...Suns should've never gave him up tho..That wastheir best team to me..Stat-Nash-Marion-JJ
sick.gif
pimp.gif

. And he need to be on that roster for the next National Team too..

He has been "underrated" for years; so doesn't that mean he is no longer underrated.

I don't think he is underrated.

He doesn't have much personality; so of course he won't get media attention

He doesn't WIN big; so he doesn't get media attention.

If he had one of the two things I named and the media didn't mention his name then maybe. But he isn't underrated. Folks that know ball know what hedoes and can do

JJ is one of my favorite players in the L. I've been supportive of him since the moment he entered the city limits. Dude does it for the love of thegame, and doesn't care about any accolades. Who can hate on that?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Very good player.

I feel that he's underrated by the casual basketball fan but overrated by the basketball purists (if that makes sense).

Bingo.

During his time in Phoenix, I always thought of him as a poor man's Penny Hardaway. Not anymore, though; he's surpassed Penny IMO.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

During his time in Phoenix, I always thought of him as a poor man's Penny Hardaway. Not anymore, though; he's surpassed Penny IMO.

Their games arent similar at all

Originally Posted by yungchamp

^^so are you basically saying he's not good enough to be recognized by the media?
if say joe johnson had d-wade's ability as a ball player, and wade had joe johnson's ability as a ball player...

joe johnson would be the one with all the endorsements, and wade would be the "quiet guy"

Joe Johnson is NOT a superstar in the league.

And I've read an article about him where his teammate mike bibby says that he isn't the quiet guy that he's made out to be.

Very solid player. One thing I believe to be holding him back his he doesn't seem to be much of a leader. Some people just lead by example, but I stillthing he's missing an element to that for him to be the lead by example guy.

Back
Top Bottom