Joe's Crab Shack Rolls Out No Tipping Policy

Givin a extra 10 for a cut [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

You guys tip your barbers or nah?
laugh.gif

I tip my barber $15, the place only charges 5$ though. I've been going to the same guy for 10 years at least, though. It started out as a couple dollars, then $5, then $10, then idk how it got to $15 :smh:

I wish I would've stayed at $10 :nerd:

Last edited:
This in no way benefits the employee. 12 dollars an hour is not a livable wage. This is the result of employers wanting to charge customers more and finding a sweet spot of server pay where they will still be profiting from the increases to the menu prices but can claim to be offering fair pay to their workers.

Someone asked why Joe's Crab Shack is the first to implement this: t's because they're currently going broke. They saw an opening and they took it. You think Danny Meyer cares about his staff? He doesn't. He wants money.

And I'm not being theoretical, a good number of his employees left after Union Square Hospitality Group started their no tipping policy not even because they were earning less but because they could see the BLATANT jig and weren't having it.

Is there anyway possible to tip the cook?

If it's an open kitchen just roll up and say it's for the cooks. They will love you. At my last job whenever we got tips the tipper was coming in the kitchen and taking a shot with the boys. :pimp: hospitality.

Just gonna put this out there too. Just because someplace isn't by the ocean doesn't mean they don't have fresh seafood. It's not the 70s anymore. Shipping is insanely quick these days. I get my salmon from the copper river in Alaska less than 30 hours after it was swimming in the river... The technology they use too to bleed them out keeps them fresh twice as long.

Also most your shellfish is still alive in the cooler so you know that's fresh. I think most crab is always frozen though to prevent people from getting sick. Crab is dirty I only mess with stone crab down in fl.

Last edited:
Things I knew coming into this thread:

- naughtyhare gets called out
- tipping at restaurants
- tipping barbers

Never been to crab shack. why should I when I got so many seafood restaurants I can choose from in south florida.

Good idea, I only go for $2 Tuesday though
This in no way benefits the employee. 12 dollars an hour is not a livable wage. This is the result of employers wanting to charge customers more and finding a sweet spot of server pay where they will still be profiting from the increases to the menu prices but can claim to be offering fair pay to their workers.

Someone asked why Joe's Crab Shack is the first to implement this: t's because they're currently going broke. They saw an opening and they took it. You think Danny Meyer cares about his staff? He doesn't. He wants money.

And I'm not being theoretical, a good number of his employees left after Union Square Hospitality Group started their no tipping policy not even because they were earning less but because they could see the BLATANT jig and weren't having it.

How many waiters are choosing $3 + tips a hour over $12 guaranteed? I'm sure those waiters/waitresses that are charismatic and get huge tips aren't happy but I'm sure most of the waiters at Joe's are happy about this.

Why are non-tippers getting excited?

You were already not tipping regardless, only difference is they raised their prices up by 15% so now you're paying more.
The broke boys really think they are winning....its hilarious.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I think its the notion that they don't have to pay extra on top of what's already required... even if they just got finessed by paying more than before 
laugh.gif
 makes no cents.

Someone enlighten me.

In Europe you are not required to tip correct? But they add a charge where you are pretty much paying for the seat correct?

I go to a barbershop owned by Russian Jewish guys in a Jewish town. They know if they raise the price too much they'll lose a lot of their customers. They charge a dollar more for a tape-up though, which seems weird to me.

Why are non-tippers getting excited?

You were already not tipping regardless, only difference is they raised their prices up by 15% so now you're paying more.

The broke boys really think they are winning....its hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think its the notion that they don't have to pay extra on top of what's already required... even if they just got finessed by paying more than before :lol:  makes no cents.
Well if you're broke it's a problem.

Most ppl I've seen on NT who don't tip embrace the servers getting paid a decent wage and don't mind that the food will cost more because of it.

I know I won't mind that my $20 steak will now be $25 or $30. It's the price.

That whole paying you for a job you're already getting paid for is for the birds.

This whole non tipping movement is for scummers straight up

No it isn't. It ensures that the waiter treats everyone the same without nneeding an incentive to give people better service. Good to know as a Black man I can get fair service because the stereotype of Black people being poor tippers isn't in play.

I remember when I worked at Home Depot as a cart attendant in the parklot...I helped a customer load up a whole bunch of bags of mulch into his car..He tipped me and another employee was like "You're not supposed to take that" I said oh word, as I put the tip in my pocket

But i am not ignorant to this. I know i don't have to tip if i don't want to and i know if i go to a service restaurant i am providing the waiter with their wages more or less. I have no issue with that at all I know waiting tables alone my mom could make 80k a year. There are very little other opportunities like that out there.

80k?! You know those tips are supposed to be recorded as taxable income, right? :lol:

*paging IRS*

I mean she still reported her income :lol: mom's aint about that tax fraud life

But these waiters at these nice restaurants make a killing. A girl i know is a bar tender at at very nice steak restaurant here in bmore. She rolls out on a saturday night with $300 easy on a normal night. And thats on a 8-10 hour shift so making about $30 an hour. Thats about 62k a year (if that is not claimed and you are taking in straight cash that is equivalent to around 78k a year pre-tax)

Something about living in a country where if all else fails i can pull myself together apply at a restaurant and make a living wage.

Last edited:
And still have the nerve to complain if 1 table tipped them only 15% instead of 20, like a

I was just replying to those guys trying to make it seem non-tippers are all broke.

It's either that or cheap.

It's faulty logic. Like ppl who are broke don't tip. They probably just don't tip a lot.

Makes no sense cuz I don't know how broke ppl can be constantly eating at restaurants anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom