Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

cover.jpg

This kid right here is bringing back that throwback 90s New York uptown rap.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17524/joey_bada_1999.html

Now this is what NY rap is all about, not that shoot em up dipset punchline %%$% yall was tryna pull in the 2000's.

Listening to this now...it's cool I guess.  Kid can rap but I feel its more of an imitation of a former art-work than a real authentic progression of the genre.  I'm excited to hear more from the kid though because I think he should only get better and establish a sound for himself.

Anyone with the alternate link?

I want to hear this but not enough to sign up for some website that I'll never use again.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Now this is what NY rap is all about, not that shoot em up dipset punchline %%$% yall was tryna pull in the 2000's.

whoa whoa whoa.  I'm not from NY, but I love both variations, why cant yall have both?  Its kinda like southern trap music versus the Outkast, Goodie Mob sound.  Just iterations spawned from different aspects of the same place ya know?

All i hear is that this sounds like old school 90's rap.... problem is we are in 2012 and a fresh sound is needed..... guys like kendrick, lupe etc give you a 90's feel but are also very futuristic in the same sense.

Dude can def rap, but Alot of his #%!% sounds like any average rap cat from the 90's so i hope he grows

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

indifferent.gif
  dipset personified and help carry NY for the first half of the 2000s
edit: didn't notice your sig, that explains it all

and this mixtape is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I feel its more of an imitation of a former art-work than a real authentic progression of the genre.

/thread 
The kid has y'all fooled. Dude is average at best. 

Back
Top Bottom