Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Originally Posted by maaarc

One of those tapes you can play from the beginning to end w/out any skips imo...
Word
pimp.gif

cant stop running the tape man...

daily routine and snakes are prolly my favorites but the whole joint goes

Currently listening....this ##%% so dope.

This ##%% just takes me back, got my old sitting here just reminiscing about being young and ##%%.

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

So far so good. Give it a chance. The tape is nice , yes it sounds like 90s rap but to be honest its pretty damn good . He's got skills .

I am very impressed

edit: also I recognize that beat on Survival Tactics from somewhere, I know its Big L but can't think of the song right now.

Given more spins, this album strikes me as something either an older MC heavily influenced (ghost written) or this kid is a protege of some 90's rapper secretly trying to keep his flow in the game with out showing his old face. Cuz truly this is no where near how rap music sounds and no discredit but this kid doesn't even look like those rhymes. its weird... good album.

I like him as an artist. But his sound does seem FORCED. Tape gets old to me after a while. #%!+'s cool but it's 2012 man. $%+@!* gotta stop trying to rehash that "golden era" sound trying to keep that "real hip-hop" crowd.

Makes me wonder how much longevity he'll have.

I *%%!+ with this. His laidback sound reminds me of Blu on some songs and Eminem during the Infinite era on others. I agree with earlier posts though, his appeal in tied to feelings of nostalgia of the golden era.

i keep playin daily routine and killumanati boththose havent gotten old for me yet

Tape is very forced idk how yall dudes can listen to a cat make a parody of the 90s.I hear a suburb kid trying to act tough and sound raw .

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Tape is very forced idk how yall dudes can listen to a cat make a parody of the 90s.I hear a suburb kid trying to act tough and sound raw .
roll.gif
My son must've just came out of the BK is dying thread thinking the whole borough is gentrified and infested with hipsters.

Back
Top Bottom