Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

It's unfortunate, but Joey has never had mass appeal. This album is better than B4.DA.$$ and hopefully more people give it burn.

I personally don't care about mass appeal. I am just happy he is putting out good music. I think he is on his way to opening more eyes with this album and the acclaim I believe it deserves. I agree the album is better than his debut.

So I never really paid much attention to this kid, probably because I'm not moved by much hip hop today, but dawg...

I listened to this new album this morning and ran in through 3 times since.

Album captures that 90s boom bap but "contemporized" for today. It's too dope.

Last edited:
^ album is phenomenal. idk how you can say someone has low standards for it being their favorite album at the halfway point of the year.

^ album is phenomenal. idk how you can say someone has low standards for it being their favorite album at the halfway point of the year.

Phenomenal? That's a bit of stretch imo, but music is subjective. I just don't know anyone who is seriously a Hip Hop head could put this album over DAMN. I would say Joey's album is definitely top 5 of the year so far, but as number 1? I'm just not seeing it.

Of course music is subjective. I personally think Joey's album is better than K. Dot's, but I wouldnt argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. I just think its a stretch to say whoever thinks Joey dropped the best album has low standards.

Of course music is subjective. I personally think Joey's album is better than K. Dot's, but I wouldnt argue with anyone who thinks otherwise. I just think its a stretch to say whoever thinks Joey dropped the best album has low standards.
I think it's a stretch comparing Joey's album to Kendrick's, but it is what it is. I'd also take The Underachievers "Renaissance" over Joey's album too. We're all fans of this album though so it's really pointless to go back and forth discussing "our " opinion on who's album is better.

Last edited:

I actually agree with you on this and Kendrick is my favorite "current" rapper. Joey's project was more cohesive and I think it's a better project.

Joey's was surface level politics. Definitely got repetitive. Kendrick's was really deep. Also the production on Kendrick's is miles ahead of Joey's. Don't really see how Joey's is better in any aspect lol. 

Joey's was surface level politics. Definitely got repetitive. Kendrick's was really deep. Also the production on Kendrick's is miles ahead of Joey's. Don't really see how Joey's is better in any aspect lol. 
Exactly! :lol: @ claiming Kendrick's your favorite artist and then saying Joey's album is better. NT never ceases to amaze me.

Exactly! :lol: @ claiming Kendrick's your favorite artist and then saying Joey's album is better. NT never ceases to amaze me.

So essentially your saying Kendrick can't be my favorite artist because I am not riding for him all the time or can't say that somebody's body of work is better. :lol:

Someone being my favorite artist doesn't prevent me from being objective about things.

NT never ceases to amaze me.

So essentially your saying Kendrick can't be my favorite artist because I am not riding for him all the time or can't say that somebody's body of work is better.
laugh.gif

Someone being my favorite artist doesn't prevent me from being objective about things.

NT never ceases to amaze me.

Yup pretty much what I expected because your point made absolutely no sense at all.

:lol: at you insinuating its not possible to have a favorite artist but rate another artists work higher than the favorite artist. I don't think you actually thought it through before you made that post.

I really don't care if you prefer DAMN over AABA (to each their own) but that point just isn't logical at all.

Yup pretty much what I expected because your point made absolutely no sense at all.

:lol: at you insinuating its not possible to have a favorite artist but rate another artists work higher than the favorite artist. I don't think you actually thought it through before you made that post.

I really don't care if you prefer DAMN over AABA (to each their own) but that point just isn't logical at all.
I didn't insinuate anything; I don't believe that Kendrick is your favorite artist.

So you who doesn't know me believes that Kendrick is not my favorite artists because I believe Joey's album is better. That makes absolutely no sense. I don't even understand how one could even come to that conclusion.

So you who doesn't know me believes that Kendrick is not my favorite artists because I believe Joey's album is better. That makes absolutely no sense. I don't even understand how one could even come to that conclusion.
It's not that serious my dude :lol:

We both like Joey & Kendrick, we good fam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom