John Calipari was talked out of drafting Kobe Bryant by Jerry West

So you're still believing John Nash Deuce? 
laugh.gif

The hate is strong with this one. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

So you're still believing John Nash Deuce? 
laugh.gif

The hate is strong with this one. 

That's a fair point CP, but with that being said do you actually expect me or anyone else to honestly believe that Jerry West TALKED Calipari out of drafting Kobe.  I mean lets be for real here, Kobe was getting the same Lebron high school treatment back in the day with spots on ESPN, cameras following him to his prom with his date Brandy and all types of stuff.  Everyone knew, or at least it was projected that Kobe was going to be the next "it".  Why woluld Calipari turn that down?? 

No, I don't think West talked anybody outta nothin. 

I think Cal and crew got scared, and went the safe route with a college tested kid in Kittles, rather then the high school phenom. 

It's really that simple imo. 

I think Cal and crew got scared, and went the safe route with a college tested kid in Kittles, rather then the high school phenom. 

Explanation below................

I dont really think Kobe was alone in making decisions for himself back then. His agent, his dad and Sonny Vaccaro/Adidas had alot of say into where they wanted him to go and not go. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Explanation below................

I dont really think Kobe was alone in making decisions for himself back then. His agent, his dad and Sonny Vaccaro/Adidas had alot of say into where they wanted him to go and not go. 

that doesnt explain why cal got scared deuce

in the end cal had the final say and he wanted kittles

Back
Top Bottom