John Wall to Kentucky

[h1]Breaking News: John Wall to Kentucky[/h1]

The nation's top high school point guard picks his college.

by Aggrey Sam

wall.jpg
Sources tell SLAM that John Wall, the nation's top high school point guard, committed to the University of Kentucky tonight. Wall pickedKentucky over Duke, Miami and Florida, among other schools. The 6-4 senior from Word of God in Raleigh, N.C., is viewed as the missing piece for new Wildcatscoach John Calipari.

With forward Patrick Patterson recently deciding to return to school (and high-scoring guard Jodie Meeks rumored to also be considering pulling out of theNBA Draft) and recruits like Alabama big man DeMarcus Cousins, as well as a talented core group of returnees, Kentucky is likely to be one of the favorites towin a national championship in 2010. While Alabama point guard Eric Bledsoe signed up to play in Lexington recently, in Calipari's dribble-drive motionoffense, multiple ballhandlers can play together in the up-tempo style. In addition, the recent SLAM co-cover boy is viewed as a one-and-doneprospect.

Aside from Patterson, Meeks, Cousins and Bledsoe, other future teammates who will benefit from Wall's playmaking ability include sharpshooting jucorecruit Darnell Dodson, incoming freshman big man Daniel Orton and athletic sophomore wings DeAndre Liggins and Darius Miller. Long story short, don't besurprised if you catch a case of deja vu when you watch Big Blue play next season-Wall will remind you a lot of Derrick Rose and with him on the team, Caliparicould have another team back in the chip.

pimp.gif
This kid is nice. We'll see if Calipari can redeem thisprogram.

Well as a UNC fan, raleigh native...this is bittersweet. I've seen homie play a couple of times. Incredible talent, would've loved to see him at UNC.But he made the right choice. And I'm glad he didn't come to the ACC. Go ahead and mail that 2010 national championship trophy down to Lexington...

Originally Posted by Changethegame

Well as a UNC fan, raleigh native...this is bittersweet. I've seen homie play a couple of times. Incredible talent, would've loved to see him at UNC. But he made the right choice. And I'm glad he didn't come to the ACC. Go ahead and mail that 2010 national championship trophy down to Lexington...

indifferent.gif
Not at all. Way too premature. They won't even be the preseason favorite.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Well as a UNC fan, raleigh native...this is bittersweet. I've seen homie play a couple of times. Incredible talent, would've loved to see him at UNC. But he made the right choice. And I'm glad he didn't come to the ACC. Go ahead and mail that 2010 national championship trophy down to Lexington...

indifferent.gif
exactly.. UK will have some sick talent, but how are they a favorite over veteran and experienced Kansas and MSU teams?

UK will not make the Elite Eight. I'll bet my name. Somebody screenshot this post.

indifferent.gif
Then who? They're recruiting class+Meeks+Patterson= %@#@@%* filthy. I'm not saying they're automatic but with Cuse being gutted andthat only really leaves Kansas and Michigan St. to rival as a preseason favorite.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

indifferent.gif
exactly.. UK will have some sick talent, but how are they a favorite over veteran and experienced Kansas and MSU teams?

UK will not make the Elite Eight. I'll bet my name. Somebody screenshot this post.

Dog your buggin. Forefit your screename. Talent wise ain't no team touching these boys now. KU is getting a little too much hype for me alst night, Ithink Xavier is overrated and besides Collins and Aldrich no one on that squad ever impressed me last year.

Starting 5:
Wall
Meeks
Dodson
Patterson
Cousins

And the bench has Bledsoe, Orton and Liggins

eek.gif

My favorite to win the National Championship.

thats 6 out of 8 players that have played in a big game collegiately.

they are just way too young.

Originally Posted by D723

John Wall's the next big player. Mark my words.
Way to go out on a limb there buddy.

And Wall wasted all this time, when he knew he was going to Kentucky Calipari all along.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

And come on Cake, you knew he wasn't coming to Durham
tired.gif

Edit - With SLAM breaking this, I'm not so sure it's 100% fact.

I'm not believing it just yet .. although it's probably true.

I won't be satisfied until Wall says it himself.

Back
Top Bottom