Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

nerd.gif

Yo who is the NTer with Tiffany's on. Speak!

:nerd:

Bark!

I hate putting my pic out there. The reasons I never participate in the PYP post. And I had to be front and center.

Only photo I got of the night and it's of RetroKid with his Oregon Ducks 4's.

retrokid.png

Nice meeting and seeing everyone in the flesh. I think it's craze how there are NTers on here that are online more than I am. I almost didn't even know half of the stories being told. Crazy how we were all talking about ElderWatson and his drones and what not. Haha.
Nice kicks thodude. I still need to get me some Tiffany's. I think I might throw my Shanghai on now as I head to get groceries

You know that feeling when your waiting anxiously for something in the mail and you have butterflies in your tummy lol that's the feeling I been having for the last month waiting to see the video.
Still stoked just waiting for it [emoji]128064[/emoji]

What's up NikeTalk!

After spending countless hours sorting through the material that we were able to capture for the NikeTalk event (we unfortunately ended up with some corrupted files for some strange reason), editing it, and even producing the music tracks used for the video...I give you...The NikeTalk Live 2016 Confessional...Thank you to each and everyone of you that came out..It was cool getting to know everyone of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys don't forget to share this on your social media outlets! Let people know about NT! 

where was the confessional? I remember somebody mentioning it but never seeing it :lol:

wow, how am i just seeing this thread? i'm WAYYY out the loop. i was actually out in the bay on the 14th. :smh: :nerd:

All of the items from the charity auction have now been delivered and the matching contributions made, so I can now officially reveal the fundraising totals for this year's event.

We raised a total of $1,237.79 from the sale of the auction items themselves, and pledged to match all contributions.

We were so inspired by the quality of items that our guests brought, however, that both NikeTalk and Instyleshoes decided to contribute a full $5,000 each to organizations devoted to the prevention of domestic violence.  

In total, $10,237.79 went to the One Love Foundation and $1,000 was donated to Man Alive, a SF Bay Area organization that provides counseling and support services for those at risk to prevent abuse and recidivism.  

Our grand total, then, is $11,237.79.  

We are tremendously grateful for the support of everyone who attended, everyone who participated in our charity auction, our hosts at Wikia (especially @HuddlerLuis  and @HuddlerSteph!), and to our friends at @INSTYLESHOES, who've really set the bar for sponsorship support.  As a first attempt and a proof of concept, @INSTYLESHOES  was the only company aside from Wikia to help us out with this.  Their current owner has done a remarkable job of differentiating today's ISS from its predecessor in the ways that matter most.  

Thanks to all of you, our first official live event will not be our only official live event.  

This was essentially a beta test.  I'm pleased to report that the results were so overwhelmingly positive as to not only demand a NikeTalk Live 2017, but to expand the size and scope of that event.  

Next year's proposed event looks to be TWICE as large as NikeTalk Live 2016 - and will be planned far enough out in advance so as to give everyone several months of lead time.  

To that end:  what would you consider to be an ideal time to schedule next year's event?  

For all those who attended this year's event:  did you enjoy watching the NBA All Star Game with your fellow attendees?  Do you feel that added something positive and worthwhile to the event?  

The concept was to make sure that there would always be something engaging, and to have a variety of different activities available - from the game, to the sneakers, to the video game tournament and fan studio - to give everyone the type of choice and flexibility that our community offers.  

Obviously Valentine's Day presented some scheduling conflicts for some, but next year's All Star Game does not coincide with Valentine's Day.  (Next year's game falls on 2/19.)  We're open to everyone's feedback and suggestions regarding the timing of next year's event. 

$11,237.79 :wow: Amazing!

Hopefully I can make it to next years event, since health issues deterred me this time around.

Looking forward to making my contributions in both monetary and donatable items.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom