Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

I'm in N.Y, but this is dope as hell :nthat: . Appreciate your efforts on and off the board, as always Meth.

On behalf of the Wikia Staff attending this event, I want to say that we look forward to meeting you guys! It's been a long time planning this event! :smile:
Awesome and very commendable of your company to offer to host NT's event :pimp:

Wish I could attend to meet and greet some of the NT fams and some of your team.

Last edited:
I just thought of something:

Any old school Bay Area heads remember that Summit we had planned at City Beach in Fremont? Some kid promised to have a couple courts reserved and we'd all play some ball and watch All Star Saturday Night? Then we get there and there were no such reservations, and we all ended up drinking in the bar watching the dunk contest together.

Please don't let this be one of those.

I'm kidding.

I’ve been on Nike Talk since December 2000; I was 17 years old……wow I can’t even believe that. I’ve met many Nike Talk members in my life, and some are still friend’s offline. Even though I no longer collect it would be an absolute honor to participate in this monumental event.

Sign me up!

Last edited:
I just thought of something:

Any old school Bay Area heads remember that Summit we had planned at City Beach in Fremont? Some kid promised to have a couple courts reserved and we'd all play some ball and watch All Star Saturday Night? Then we get there and there were no such reservations, and we all ended up drinking in the bar watching the dunk contest together.

Please don't let this be one of those.

I'm kidding.

I remember that day, that was actually really fun.

Of course it was fun. Any time we'd get together it was fun. Even that time we accidentally got Russoul super drunk at that sushi place in The City. Or that time we tried to play basketball at the Cisco courts in the dark. Or that time that dude brought boxes of frozen chicken to the BBQ in Benicia.

Of course it was fun. Any time we'd get together it was fun. Even that time we accidentally got Russoul super drunk at that sushi place in The City. Or that time we tried to play basketball at the Cisco courts in the dark. Or that time that dude brought boxes of frozen chicken to the BBQ in Benicia.

Or that time BtrBean rolled down the hill at speeds at or near the speed of sound.

Shoegeek giving everyone free hair cuts.

Bastich shouting Teen wolf at one of the Indiana Pacers.

Finding out what 5 dollars can get you on broadway in San Francisco :D

Fun times, and great memories.

28,000 8)

Last edited:
Reactions: kvn
I'd like to attend because I've been away from this specific community for a looong time! It'd be nice to catch up with (hopefully) everyone that helped put together some of the first NT Summits. There's a ton of good memories to talk about, including that City Beach debacle!

Wish I could go but got plans for the day and I also don't think I have done enough to warrant an invite :lol:

Or that time BtrBean rolled down the hill at speeds at or near the speed of sound.

Shoegeek giving everyone free hair cuts.

Bastich shouting Teen wolf at one of the Indiana Pacers.

Finding out what 5 dollars can get you on broadway in San Francisco :D

Fun times, and great memories.

28,000 8)

7 dollars.

If NBA All-Star Weekend is the Black Super Bowl, this is, like, the Black MLS Cup, right?
So how is the reservations going to work? First come first serve or raffle? I need to know if I am going or not, so then I can plan Valentine's Day if so. Haha.
As indicated in the topic post, it's not first come, first served OR a raffle.  It wouldn't be fair for someone who's been on NT for 15 years and attended the original Bay Area Sneaker Summits to miss out because somebody who applied last month was online at the right time or got lucky with a random draw.

That's why we're just asking those who are interested and available to reply here to request an invitation.  On February 3rd, we will go through all of the requests and, if there are more requests than available invitations, we'll select the guest list based on members' tenure, positive contributions to the community, offers to contribute something to the charity auction, etc.  

All invitees will be contacted individually shortly thereafter, so by February 4th everyone interested will know for sure whether they've received an invitation or not.  

While we'd love to include everyone interested, we have to accept certain limitations if we're to be respectful of the facility and ensure that those who do attend have the best possible experience.  

....  Stop by Wikia's Fan Studio and record a message for your fellow members...
Meth, will there be a way for us to view these audio/video messages maybe even have them posted on this thread? Also, for those of us whom won't be attending unfortunately and would like to donate to any one of Wikia's charitable causes, will we perhaps have an avenue for that as well?
We'll definitely make all the recorded content available on the site for everyone to enjoy.  The details of the charity auction are still being finalized (we need to know who will support it, how many items we'll have, etc.), but I would like to find a way to allow everyone to be involved, even if they can't be there in person.  

As I said, we'll have something fairly unique available in effort to make the auction a success and raise as much money as possible.  The beneficiary will likely be an organization committed to addressing domestic violence, which is a cause that's very personal to many of us.   

On behalf of the Wikia Staff attending this event, I want to say that we look forward to meeting you guys! It's been a long time planning this event! :smile:
If you guys enjoy the event - or simply appreciate the concept - please join me in thanking Luis and his colleagues for making this possible.  Luis was actually a NT user long before he joined the team at Wikia, and he's worked harder than anyone to make this happen.  

In fact, the very concept of hosting a live NT event at Wikia HQ was proposed by Luis and one of his fellow Wikians (who will also be in attendance.)  They work hard every single day to help NikeTalk be at its best, but they're really going above and beyond with this.  Not everyone would come in to work on a weekend - much less Valentine's Day - to try and show our community members a good time.  

It speaks to how much they truly care about our community, and I hope that they'll feel properly appreciated for their efforts in their interactions with our fellow community members and guests.  

Given our experiences with previous platform and hosting providers, the staff and I are especially grateful for their support and generosity.  It's unlike anything we've experienced in all our years of operating the site.  

It would be great to reconnect with some of the folks I met way back at the Norcal Summits. I'd like to request an invite

KVN

I would have loved to go but I have an engagement photo session that day. Would've been dope to attend this. I nominate anyone from the Sacramento Kings thread to accompany @Nelson999 so we can finally see what he looks like.
This is so weird. You and @rck3sactown are creeping me out tbh
ouch

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif