Join us for NikeTalk Live 2018, Sunday November 4th in Las Vegas.

Discussion in 'General' started by Methodical Management, Aug 22, 2018.

1. lamekilla

lamekilla

Was just in Vegas a week ago and I’m trying to find any excuse to go back. Lost my ****ing mind out there.

2. Chiron

Chiron

Just a heads up meth.. I'm on standby. I'm local so if there's last minute spots left count me in. Trying to let old heads who want the spots have them first.

Bert. likes this.
  3. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Yes, spots are still available to attend the event. One has already been reserved for you. You'll receive more information via PM.

At this point, there's no benefit to waiting. We still have spots available and we'd rather get an accurate count sooner rather than later so we can make arrangements for catering, etc.

We had a lot of flakes drop out of the SF event on us after requesting a ticket. Thanks to the nominal ticket charge, fewer spots have been requested for this year's event - but we have a much stronger sense of who will actually show up. It's looking like attendance should be comparable to the previous event. Unlike the previous event, though, we're not holding spots for people who ultimately won't show up, so we do have room for anyone else who wants to attend.

Just let us know ASAP.

We're grateful for everyone's interest and participation.

Bert. likes this.
  4. eyes of hazel

eyes of hazel

@Methodical Management

Check your inbox...

5. eyes of hazel

eyes of hazel

Image-1.png

6. Methodical Management

I'm pleased to announce that @eyes of hazel will be joining this year's NikeTalk Live panel discussion as well.

If you can't attend the event in person, stay tuned for more information about how you can submit questions to our panelists and listen to the discussion online.

DonRafa, Nelson C, wayniac211 and 2 others like this.
  7. MakeNTGreatAgain

MakeNTGreatAgain

hello method man,

can you post like an official schedule on the first post?

thanks

8. eyes of hazel

eyes of hazel

Did anyone else catch @ekin702 and his terminology?

If you use the term "summit," then you are officially an old-schooler!

Ha!

frank 7he t4nk likes this.
  9. Air Money

Air Money formerly sneekaz

yep, i was wondering if there will be any links to see this.

10. Methodical Management

If all goes well, we should be able to embed a live stream of the panel within this thread. If you're attending the event, you'l be contacted privately with information about ride sharing, etc. so you'll know exactly what to expect, and you can ask the staff on site (@HellaSteph and @Nelson C) any questions you might have.

Only the publicly-relevant portion of the event schedule will likely be posted within this thread, so everyone interested has a chance to submit questions to the panel and will have the opportunity to watch it in real time.

Steph's worked hard to make sure the panel will be easy to stream - no cumbersome webinar link or dial-in will be required. I saw a quick test of the live streaming capability this afternoon and was impressed by how seamless it all is. If you tune in a few minutes late, you can just hit a button to jump straight to the live coverage.

We'll be using fairly standard gear, so don't set your sights on multi-camera coverage or anything too crazy, but, like many of you, I was disappointed that I missed out on seeing the panel discussion last time around and I'm really looking forward to watching the live stream with you all this year. It should be a highly entertaining discussion, enlivened, I'm sure, by everyone's questions and comments.

We're hopeful that the in-person experience will equal or exceed the previous event, and the team is working hard to ensure that we have much better coverage this time around for those of us who cannot attend in person. The "confessional" video @huddlerluis made for us last time around was such a big hit that we've hired a videographer to produce even more video coverage.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at this year's event! We're grateful everyone's interest and enthusiasm.

Air Money likes this.
  11. sooperhooper

sooperhooper

I'm definitely interested to see the live feed

Nelson C likes this.
  12. Air Money

Air Money formerly sneekaz

Yea I wonder what will be discussed, like:

History and future of Nt
    State of the sneaker culture
    Samples! exclusives
    Fun stories, etc

13. bigpat630

bigpat630

Curious to see what’s in the auction.

kingcrux31 likes this.
  14. flyerthandelta

flyerthandelta

Ill be there with my bro

15. Methodical Management

It's really all up to what questions everyone here, and all guests in attendance, choose to ask. I'd expect to hear about all of those things - with the possible exception of rare samples/exclusives.

Last time around, @acervan brought a rare sneaker display, and @retrokid came through with some exclusives, but, as far as I'm aware, neither is scheduled to attend this year's event, unfortunately. However, @airrev will hopefully still be joining us remotely - so maybe you can encourage him to break out something special from his legendary collection.

The event itself will be a collection point for anyone who would like to donate items for our charity auction, but the auctions themselves will be held entirely online this winter.

More information about our upcoming charity auctions will be announced after the event.

bigpat630 and Air Money like this.
  16. Nelson C

Nelson C Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Feel free to throw in questions about our opinions on players...like....oh I don't know...LeBron James.

Everytime I read the word panelist I think of the Family Feud.

17. mr highness

mr highness

I'm interested.

Do we have to wear our best heat? :rofl:I could imagine everyone wearing some holy grails.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  18. HellaSteph

HellaSteph formerly HuddlerSteph Staff Member

I PM'ed you, please respond and we'll see you at the event! :D

19. HellaSteph

Can't wait for happy hour tonight at 7 PM at the Westin! See everyone very soon.

20. notoriousmro

notoriousmro

See you guise tomorrow!

21. flyerthandelta

flyerthandelta

This is going to be fun can’t wait to meet some of y’all put faces with SN

22. HellaSteph

We are here in the bar area for happy hour. Join us!

23. flyerthandelta

flyerthandelta

I’m flying in now from Miami got about 1hr left

24. HellaSteph

It was so amazing to meet everyone at the happy hour.
    Thank you to everyone who came out!

See you all tomorrow.

25. Methodical Management

For those who inquired about live streaming the NikeTalk Live panel:

The discussion is currently scheduled for 5 PM Eastern time, 2 PM Pacific.

Shortly before the panel begins, we'll be creating a separate thread for it. This will keep everything organized and readable, and make the panel easier to find for those who wish to view it on demand after the event has concluded.

The new thread will be posted here in the General forum, and we'll of course provide a link in this thread as well. You will be able to ask questions to the panel simply by posting them in the thread. Selected questions will be relayed to the event staff and panelists, and you'll hear the answers live via stream.