Join us for NikeTalk Live 2018, Sunday November 4th in Las Vegas.

Won't be able to go, but major credit to Meth and the team involved in putting this together. I hope everyone has a great time and looking forward to seeing the after pics.

Just a heads up for those of you who've yet to finalize your travel plans:

I believe the pricing for our room block at the Westin is only guaranteed through Wednesday, 10/3. After that point, it's possible that prices may go up. Given that the event isn't scheduled during a particularly busy travel time, I hope any price fluctuations would be minor, but you'd be well advised to book now just to be certain.

Staying in our room block is purely optional, but it offers convenient access to the happy hour event and we'll be arranging group transportation to the NikeTalk Live venue, so it's worth considering: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1808228210&key=1C5E45

Damn ima be out there that weekend. Hopefully i can stroll by the happy hr
Let me know if you're interested in attending the Sunday event.

You only here in the physical once, right?

Invite requested please.

Triple OG attending.

Thanks!
Check your inbox.

This old fat man will be making an effort to make it to this event. Hope to see some old faces and make some new friends.

Miss y'all.

Would love, after almost 18 years, to finally put a face with a screen name.

You and Nelson worth the time and flight from VA alone!

This sounds like a dope event, I wouldn't mind if it became an annual thing in Vegas. It seems like the perfect place to have it. I wish I could have made it this time, I'll try to catch the next one.

Just a heads up for those of you who've yet to finalize your travel plans:

I believe the pricing for our room block at the Westin is only guaranteed through Wednesday, 10/3. After that point, it's possible that prices may go up. Given that the event isn't scheduled during a particularly busy travel time, I hope any price fluctuations would be minor, but you'd be well advised to book now just to be certain.

Staying in our room block is purely optional, but it offers convenient access to the happy hour event and we'll be arranging group transportation to the NikeTalk Live venue, so it's worth considering: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1808228210&key=1C5E45

Let me know if you're interested in attending the Sunday event.

Check your inbox.

Thanks for the invite, but I’m there since Wednesday and bounce out Sunday morning. I appreciate you reaching out. Will def swing by the happy hour

CFE8901C-E8AC-4AA0-AC64-233A4822BF59.png

Flight booked!

This sounds like a dope event, I wouldn't mind if it became an annual thing in Vegas. It seems like the perfect place to have it. I wish I could have made it this time, I'll try to catch the next one.
The thought had occurred to make it a recurring thing that would coincide with NBA Summer League. Unfortunately, the timing didn't line up for the on site staff this year, so we had to schedule for the fall instead. We may try it again, but probably not until after the event has reached some other regions first. (The East Coast and Pacific Northwest spring to mind.)

Although Las Vegas is often suggested as an ideal venue for the event, the travel factor is nonetheless significant. I expect fewer guests for this event than NikeTalk Live San Francisco, as it's far easier for those within public transit or close driving range to come through than for guests to fly across the country and make hotel reservations. We've tried to account for that by arranging for a room block at a nearby hotel at a reduced price, but the take-up rate to this point has been low enough that we're unlikely to do that again.

We haven't yet decided where the next event will be held, but there's merit to the idea of moving it each year to cities where many NikeTalk members live or can easily access.

Good news for those who've yet to make their hotel accommodations: the Westin agreed to extend the rate guarantee for another week.

You now have until Wednesday to book through this link to get the best rate:
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1808228210&key=1C5E45

Can we put in bids like city leaders do with Adam Silver?

:lol:
That sounds far too entertaining to refuse.

Hey y'all, I hope it's not too late for me to attend. I figure it's time for me to show up to these summits =)

Shout out to Method Man for getting this old man back onto NT...I forgot my password

BRB, E7
boom.gif

This is shaping up to be quite a reunion. I think at least a quarter of the current guest list consists of original NikeTalk members from our first year (99-00.)

If anyone else would like to attend, just let me know. We'll continue to issue invitations right up until the last minute, space permitting.

Meth - Looks like it’s podsibls I can be in the area for this.
Should have a firm answer in the next week.

Let me know how to go forward.

Meth - Looks like it’s podsibls I can be in the area for this.
Should have a firm answer in the next week.

Let me know how to go forward.
I wouldn't want to charge you until you're certain you can attend. Wait until you know for sure, then drop me a line. You won't lose your place in the meantime.

On the hotel side, obviously you'd rather get in while the rates are still guaranteed if you can, but given the time of year I don't expect a sharp increase after the fact.

This year's panel discussion should be a lot of fun. In addition to @Nelson C , @bastitch , and ekin702 ekin702 , @airrev has also agreed to join us remotely.
That's a lot of knowledge, history, and humor. If we can't live stream that one, I'm going to demand a full transcript.

For those still interested in traveling to Las Vegas, the rate guarantee will now last through Friday - so you have a couple of extra days to make your reservation and still get the best rate:
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1808228210&key=1C5E45

Methodical Management Methodical Management send me your address so I can send you those KDs you can auction. I won't dox you
If you'd like to contribute an item to our upcoming charity auction, please mail them to:

Community Hired
Attention: NikeTalk
6754 Bernal Ave.
Suite #740-119
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Can’t believe I missed this thread since I usually just look at my frequented unread threads now. Still space to join in meth?

Can’t believe I missed this thread since I usually just look at my frequented unread threads now. Still space to join in meth?
Yes, we still have space. Check your inbox for more information.

If anyone else would like an invitation, just let me know.

The thought had occurred to make it a recurring thing that would coincide with NBA Summer League. Unfortunately, the timing didn't line up for the on site staff this year, so we had to schedule for the fall instead. We may try it again, but probably not until after the event has reached some other regions first. (The East Coast and Pacific Northwest spring to mind.)

Although Las Vegas is often suggested as an ideal venue for the event, the travel factor is nonetheless significant. I expect fewer guests for this event than NikeTalk Live San Francisco, as it's far easier for those within public transit or close driving range to come through than for guests to fly across the country and make hotel reservations. We've tried to account for that by arranging for a room block at a nearby hotel at a reduced price, but the take-up rate to this point has been low enough that we're unlikely to do that again.

We haven't yet decided where the next event will be held, but there's merit to the idea of moving it each year to cities where many NikeTalk members live or can easily access.

Oooooh **** @Chester McFloppy noskey noskey

This event sounds awesome - So many OG’s. :nthat:

Doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make it this year, but I’m absolutely in for the 20yr reunion/NikeTalk live next year.

Hi guys,

Any spots left?

I thought the original date was October 4th which conflicted with my schedule. I am free for November 4th

Back
Top Bottom