JOLLIBEE SF

I saw the sign up a few wekks ago and was like :x
sick.gif
@#%$?! I wonder what the thinking is there. New management? If it didn't do well the 1st time, what makes you think it'll work again? I'm jus speechless..... Naw, forreal though :rofl:
roll.gif

Hmm I don't know, but I ate at jollibee once while i was at work and there was NOTHING else to eat. Yea, it was disgusting. Never again.
Signatures are overrated

yeah, they had that jollibees on the corner next to Le Dor & Buca di Yucko's a few years ago.
i only ate there once (had their whatever burger w/the pineapple...basically just a teriyaki burger) cuz that's all they had left before closing that night, but it wasn't anything to write home about.
i guess most non-flip/asian heads weren't ready for jollibees yet that's why they closed down. it was never real busy when i rolled by that spot. maybe the 4th and Howard location will do better. most everyone's on that Asian food kick nowadays.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"
Seize every opportunity to educate yourself.....STOP. Look. Listen.

Going from Jollibee to a thai restaurant back to Jollibee is weird.

I guess Jollibee subleased the space and when the thai restaurant didn't do that well they decided to open again as opposed to another sublease because they'll have better luck now? Banking on Moscone Convention goers' ignorance I guess.

I give it 6 mo - 1yr if that.

is the jollibee in dc still open?

restaurant biz in general is the toughest venture to get into, but it's especially rough in SF cuz of the living wage+health benefits for employees laws.........not to mention the expensive rent/lease rates.

i still want a lil spot someday tho. i'm pretty good as far as having options for decent locations around the city, but i don't have anyone that can throw down super good in the kitchen.....not as a daily/career grind anyways.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

eh went there one time and it turned into the Thai place, was like wth when I got there since it was basically the same colors as Jollibee.
how to make a "sneakerhead SN":
-add Jordan's #s on it, or MJ, J, Jay, etc.
-add "sole" in place of "so" or "soul"
-add "air" in it

lookin for AM90 infareds 10-11

YES, the restaurant business is tough and its easy to fail in this town (knock on wood).

With that, good luck to Jollibee's second coming.

The only thing I can eat at Jollibee is the chicken. But I can only stand it like once every couple of months.

Everything else on the menu tastes so...not good.

The Jolibee in Union City is almost as bad as the Jolibee in San Jose, their food tastes like @#%$.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​
2007 NFC West Champs!!!​
TEAM XBOX360​
.::joebruin00::.​

rolled by the jollibee that reopened earlier tonight. they had one of them giant inflatable jollibees parked out front and other gimmickery. i guess it worked tho......was actually a good amount of peeps in there from what i could see on my way to the freeway at around 9:30pm or so.

and don't even get me started about Buca di Chitty. for real, i still don't understand what peeps see in that place. i seriously prefer chef boy ardee and stouffers lasagne over their grub. i gave both the one next to Jollibee and the one down near my old pad in Pasadena/SoCal a few shots each cuz there are always heads from outa town that insist on checking it out. but every single time i've been, the food has been really bad....lot of the dishes were cold and tastless. only thing good about the place is you can make a lota noise in there w/big groups and stuff.

oh well, buca's still in business tho, so if jollibee was smart, they'd get w/whatever gameplan they got going on down there.

Quote:
Was Aga there?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i can't believe they decided to open up again?! i'd like to see them do better this time around. it would be nice to see a filipino fast food joint like jollibee in the city gettin some love and appreciation.

Quote:
and don't even get me started about Buca di Chitty. for real, i still don't understand what peeps see in that place. i seriously prefer chef boy ardee and stouffers lasagne over their grub.
:x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
so i guess i wont be eating there.

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but the Jollibee Spaghetti and Peach Mango Pie at the San Jose location are :pimp:
pimp.gif
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
2007 NFC West Champs!!!
TEAM XBOX360
.::joebruin00::.​

Back
Top Bottom