Jon Stewart...Liberals and Conservatives alike...please agree on this...

[table][tr][td]The Daily Show With Jon Stewart[/td][td]Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Dodd We Trusthttp://[/td][/tr][tr][td]www.thedailyshow.com[/td][/tr][tr][td]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:267784http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:267784[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td]Daily Show
Full Episodes
[/td][td]Political Humor[/td][td]Health Care Reform[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Whistle-blowing like this just does NOT happen any more

I seriously think there has not been another clearer explanation of this on TV than this (and I already knew what was going on)

For whatever bias or questions that he may have (no one is perfect, no one) this man is truly a national treasure. I don't think there is anyone on TV with as much fact-checking and expository journalism than this man. I don't know where a lot of people would be without him.

Jon Stewart
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't really !+%$ with political shows, but if I did...his show would probably be the only one.

entire clip was
laugh.gif

Can someone give me a synopsis, can't be viewed in canada
frown.gif
and I can't seem to search on Comedy Network

Originally Posted by JDocs

frown.gif

Basic rundown is that companies get away with illegal activity.  They take a worthless commodity and trade it for large sums of cash to make their numbers look good, and then trade it back for the same worthless commodity, interest free.

What day did this air?

Cant watch the link since im in Canada but i can watch it on the comedy network

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by JDocs

frown.gif

Basic rundown is that companies get away with illegal activity.  They take a worthless commodity and trade it for large sums of cash to make their numbers look good, and then trade it back for the same worthless commodity, interest free.
Thank you sir. I hope he also mentioned even when they get caught doing shady deals their sentences are far lighter than that of a robbery when they are in fact stealing/hiding MORE money than the robbery. And it has an effect on a greater amount of people.

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:

For whatever bias or questions that he may have (no one is perfect, no one) this man is truly a national treasure. I don't think there is anyone on TV with as much fact-checking and expository journalism than this man. I don't know where a lot of people would be without him.

This.

He was addressing the way that Congress gave Corporations the rights of individuals so it would only be fair that individuals had the rights of Corporations..So he put into perspective a situation that only a regular person would encounter and how things would turn out if everybody was treated like a corporation

He turned himself into a corporation called "JonCo". He goes to a lender and asks for a 1 million dollar loan. The lender asks if he has any collateral. He tells them that his collateral is a 1986 station wagon(this is from memory when I saw it last night so I'm not sure of the year)..The lender claims that the car wouldn't be worth more than $900..However, he tells them that he doesn't estimate the value of his assets, he has an agency that does that for him..The "Agency" which is just an everyday dude, values the station wagon at 2.5-3 million

Based on this false value estimate, the lender gives him a $1,000,000 loan...The lender is the Federal Reserve Bank so he gets the loan with a 0% interest rate..He gives himself a $1,000,000 bonus but then his "individual corporation" is broke so he can't pay back any of his creditors..So he creates a fake corporation to dump his "assets" into by giving them his station wagon and claiming it as being worth 2.5 million dollars..Then his "individual corporation" claims how broke it is and he gets bailed out by the government for 2 million (?)..I made it as short as possible so I might have left out details lol

I saw this when it aired last night (or the night before - can't remember which), and it was right on point. Unfortunately, I kind of sensed that the audience wasn't really feeling it. I mean, I think they might have showed up for that taping expecting lots of jokes and jabs at republicans, but instead got an extremely accurate rundown of a major problem in our country. There were some chuckles here and there when it was obvious that Jon had just said a joke, but overall I got the sense that a lot of the audience was just looking at each other and being like @+#?

Either way, Jon is on point as always with this.

I like Jon Stewart's work, but I don't watch him....not that I don't want to, but I just don't. That was good tho.....really good. His technique is under appreciated IMO.

There's obviously more to it but Jon Stewart is right. We need this whole administration out of office. Anyone read what that snake Geithner said today? He said Repo 105 is completely legal and he signed off on it. Just like he isn't a regulator.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

I like Jon Stewart's work, but I don't watch him....not that I don't want to, but I just don't. That was good tho.....really good. His technique is under appreciated IMO.

Same with me. Like those times that I do happen to watch it, I enjoy it. But it's not like I'm counting down to 11 every night.

Jon Stewart is probably one of the best journalists in this country and the worst thing about it is he isn’t a journalist. And his thoughts often gets dismissed because they view him as a joke when he is far from it. Look at what happened when he was in the “fued

Back
Top Bottom