Jon Stewart rips into Cramer...

Discussion in 'General' started by vancity74, Mar 13, 2009.

1. vancity74

vancity74

Cramer didn't stand a chance.

2. nt og

nt og Banned

Cramer is done.

3. robby valentino

robby valentino

I'm only halfway through and this is ugly...sounded like his voice was cracking[​IMG]

4. billian

billian

The truth is: Cramer is such an extremely small component of this entire economic debacle that this entire back and forth during this week has felt forced andunnecessary.

However, this was a really compelling interview to watch. I think Jon brought the pain a bit too harsh at times, but he really had Cramer against the ropes theentire time. It is a sad situation out there, but I think people need to temper whatever they see on TV with some kind of logic/reason. If you invest(ed) basedon what some talking head on a news network was telling you to without doing your own homework and lost a lot, then you need to man up for not being a smartinvestor.

5. nine point five

nine point five Banned

I almost felt bad for Cramer but wow the proof was right there. Unbelievable but I give Jon Stewart alot of credit forcalling him out. Thanks for the vid OP, I looked for it earlier this evening and wasn't able to find it.

M!ke

6. untitled

untitled

man...john stewart ate that dude alive....

7. vancity74

vancity74

I keep re-watching this video and each time I feel worse and worse for Cramer because he got, and I've *NEVER* used this term in my life, OWNED! I give hima great deal of respect for going on the show and sticking his neck out like that, but he had no choice.

Kudos to Jon Stewart for doing what the media responsible for reporting on this matter was unable/unwilling to do.

8. nine point five

nine point five Banned

"but he's a comedian"

[​IMG]this dude sounds so confident just days before that Stewart has no idea what he's talking about

M!ke

9. dl2352

dl2352

Is it just me or does it sometimes seem like the only legit news on TV is found on Comedy Central? Stewart and Colbert are the truth.

10. vancity74

vancity74

11. vancity74

vancity74

I love how this white guy is saying "is John Stewart going to predict what's going to happen to the markets in the next 5-10 years... or is he justgoing to sit there" when this moron is sitting there himself ANALYZING another guy. Like, what's this guy doing himself that's so special that hecan call out someone else for not being proactive with regards to his outlook on the future and whatnot.

12. ryda421

ryda421

props to stewart

13. dmbrhs

dmbrhs

Jon Stewart will never come off as a bad guy because he has the 20/20 hindsight vision. He doesn't know any more than any of his guests, but he's theuntouchable comedian who can just parade a bunch of pundits on his show and the minions will eat it up and call him a genius. This encounter proves nothing.Cramer is a nobody in the economic climate, and Stewart is just trying to appeal to his own base as the super genius who outs these types. In the end, nobodyknew, nobody wins, and nobody cares.

14. thewatcher1

thewatcher1

15. agthekid

agthekid

He tore him a new one Steve Wilkos style.

16. speakup23

speakup23

I was watching the show but wasnt really paying attention. I have to re-watch the vid. Stewart was going on form what I saw

17. jthagreat

jthagreat

Very interesting. That manipulation of the market sounds similar to a thread on NT a few visit...

18. rck2sactown

rck2sactown Banned

Who changed Cramer's wikipedia [​IMG]

19. vancity74

vancity74

This has nothing to do with the economy. I'll quote a YouTube comment since it sums everything up: "It wasn't about Cramer people. It was aboutCNBC in general being a shill for the CEOs and bankers on Wall street."

20. yeerp

yeerp

why do people still go on stewart's show?

they are are entirely too prepared
    and relentless

21. dmbrhs

dmbrhs

You're missing the point. Stewart has the luxury of a large staff of writers and interns who just compile clips to make fun of people, andhe's the pitch man. He isn't any smarter or more clever than anyone he brings on his show. He was able to back Cramer into a corner, but it's notlike Mr. Stewart knows any better. He has the luxury of hindsight, and it's good for some laughs and awkward moments, but he's not any sort of genius.And if it was about CNBC, why pick on one guy, even if he was the most visible? Dedicate a segment to their fallacy and move on. But Stewart can't do that,he has to please his loyal followers so he berated a guy for a network's shortcomings, and then we all applaud him for being the coolest guy on earth. IfO'Reilly did this, NT would have nothing to say. Nothing.

22. scotthallwithapick

scotthallwithapick

Have you been watching or are you just speaking? It was about CNBC but Cramer took offense because of the segment about his fallacy

23. rexanglorum

rexanglorum

As someone who works in finance and probably will for many years, I hate anyone who undermines the integrity of the financial markets. They are poison becausefinance is all about complex and/or inter temporal transaction and those require trust. Jim Cramer, Bernie Madoff and the commercial banks who merged with andthen sank their capital into high risk funds are terrible and no one hates them more than someone whose livelihood and professional future depends on theability to convince someone to entrust their life savings to your care and judgement.

24. deuce king

deuce king

25. dr spaceman

dr spaceman

You clearly don't watch the show. Anything you've said in the first portion of the paragraph, John has acknowledged many times over. Comedy show ornot, sometimes it makes alot more sense than many things out there. And it was a segment dedicated to cnbc, with Cramer included, because you don't thinkcnbc without Cramer. However, he took it personal, got offended, and started making talk show rounds discussing it and coming down on Stewart as a comedian. That's why it was so shocking seeing him so timid when they finally met face to face. And OReilly has done this, and NT applauded him. relax.