Jon Stewart rips into Cramer...

I'm only halfway through and this is ugly...sounded like his voice was cracking
sick.gif

The truth is: Cramer is such an extremely small component of this entire economic debacle that this entire back and forth during this week has felt forced andunnecessary.

However, this was a really compelling interview to watch. I think Jon brought the pain a bit too harsh at times, but he really had Cramer against the ropes theentire time. It is a sad situation out there, but I think people need to temper whatever they see on TV with some kind of logic/reason. If you invest(ed) basedon what some talking head on a news network was telling you to without doing your own homework and lost a lot, then you need to man up for not being a smartinvestor.

I almost felt bad for Cramer but wow the proof was right there. Unbelievable but I give Jon Stewart alot of credit forcalling him out. Thanks for the vid OP, I looked for it earlier this evening and wasn't able to find it.

M!ke

I keep re-watching this video and each time I feel worse and worse for Cramer because he got, and I've *NEVER* used this term in my life, OWNED! I give hima great deal of respect for going on the show and sticking his neck out like that, but he had no choice.

Kudos to Jon Stewart for doing what the media responsible for reporting on this matter was unable/unwilling to do.

"but he's a [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]comedian[/color]"

laugh.gif
this dude sounds so confident just days before that Stewart has no idea what he's talking about

M!ke

Is it just me or does it sometimes seem like the only legit news on TV is found on Comedy Central? Stewart and Colbert are the truth.

Originally Posted by nine point five

"but he's a [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]comedian[/color]"

laugh.gif
this dude sounds so confident just days before that Stewart has no idea what he's talking about

M!ke

I love how this white guy is saying "is John Stewart going to predict what's going to happen to the markets in the next 5-10 years... or is he justgoing to sit there" when this moron is sitting there himself ANALYZING another guy. Like, what's this guy doing himself that's so special that hecan call out someone else for not being proactive with regards to his outlook on the future and whatnot.

Jon Stewart will never come off as a bad guy because he has the 20/20 hindsight vision. He doesn't know any more than any of his guests, but he's theuntouchable comedian who can just parade a bunch of pundits on his show and the minions will eat it up and call him a genius. This encounter proves nothing.Cramer is a nobody in the economic climate, and Stewart is just trying to appeal to his own base as the super genius who outs these types. In the end, nobodyknew, nobody wins, and nobody cares.

Billian wrote:
It is a sad situation out there, but I think people need to temper whatever they see on TV with some kind of logic/reason. If you invest(ed) based on what some talking head on a news network was telling you to without doing your own homework and lost a lot, then you need to man up for not being a smart investor.

Stewart was pointing out how corrupt financial journalism is. Independent agencies were in bed with wall street. So even if you do your ownhomework, how you can trust the info that is really out there? Rating agencies, research analysts, newspaper columnists etc all have a financial incentive tobasically lie to the public. Insiders within the industry knew what was really going on, but they did nothing to expose the truth and help out the public inthe process. The few that did were labeled crazy and didn't have an audience. People knew about Madoff for years including some of his own investors! Theydid nothing

I was watching the show but wasnt really paying attention. I have to re-watch the vid. Stewart was going on form what I saw

Very interesting. That manipulation of the market sounds similar to a thread on NT a few visit...

Who changed Cramer's wikipedia
laugh.gif

The following day on March 10, during a Tuesday appearance on the Today show, Cramer said of The Daily Show bit, "The absurdity astounds me. [Jon Stewart] is a comedian, and he's decided to focus on some calls I made during a bull market. The guy is a comedian. "[sup][53][/sup]

On March 12 11:00pm EST Stewart had Cramer on his show. Stewart proceeded to get Cramer to admit that he can do better, and that he can change, and that all money show's are hosted by bald guys, and that he is a big fat doodie head, and that hand size is not correlated to penis size, and that Sydney Crosby is a punk, and that ##!%* taste very very good.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Jon Stewart will never come off as a bad guy because he has the 20/20 hindsight vision. He doesn't know any more than any of his guests, but he's the untouchable comedian who can just parade a bunch of pundits on his show and the minions will eat it up and call him a genius. This encounter proves nothing. Cramer is a nobody in the economic climate, and Stewart is just trying to appeal to his own base as the super genius who outs these types. In the end, nobody knew, nobody wins, and nobody cares.

This has nothing to do with the economy. I'll quote a YouTube comment since it sums everything up: "It wasn't about Cramer people. It was aboutCNBC in general being a shill for the CEOs and bankers on Wall street."

why do people still go on stewart's show?

they are are entirely too prepared
and relentless

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Jon Stewart will never come off as a bad guy because he has the 20/20 hindsight vision. He doesn't know any more than any of his guests, but he's the untouchable comedian who can just parade a bunch of pundits on his show and the minions will eat it up and call him a genius. This encounter proves nothing. Cramer is a nobody in the economic climate, and Stewart is just trying to appeal to his own base as the super genius who outs these types. In the end, nobody knew, nobody wins, and nobody cares.

This has nothing to do with the economy. I'll quote a YouTube comment since it sums everything up: "It wasn't about Cramer people. It was about CNBC in general being a shill for the CEOs and bankers on Wall street."
You're missing the point. Stewart has the luxury of a large staff of writers and interns who just compile clips to make fun of people, andhe's the pitch man. He isn't any smarter or more clever than anyone he brings on his show. He was able to back Cramer into a corner, but it's notlike Mr. Stewart knows any better. He has the luxury of hindsight, and it's good for some laughs and awkward moments, but he's not any sort of genius.And if it was about CNBC, why pick on one guy, even if he was the most visible? Dedicate a segment to their fallacy and move on. But Stewart can't do that,he has to please his loyal followers so he berated a guy for a network's shortcomings, and then we all applaud him for being the coolest guy on earth. IfO'Reilly did this, NT would have nothing to say. Nothing.

And if it was about CNBC, why pick on one guy, even if he was the most visible? Dedicate a segment to their fallacy and move on. But Stewart can't do that, he has to please his loyal followers so he berated a guy for a network's shortcomings, and then we all applaud him for being the coolest guy on earth. If O'Reilly did this, NT would have nothing to say. Nothing.
Have you been watching or are you just speaking? It was about CNBC but Cramer took offense because of the segment about his fallacy

As someone who works in finance and probably will for many years, I hate anyone who undermines the integrity of the financial markets. They are poison becausefinance is all about complex and/or inter temporal transaction and those require trust. Jim Cramer, Bernie Madoff and the commercial banks who merged with andthen sank their capital into high risk funds are terrible and no one hates them more than someone whose livelihood and professional future depends on theability to convince someone to entrust their life savings to your care and judgement.

The truth is: Cramer is such an extremely small component of this entire economic debacle that this entire back and forth during this week has felt forced and unnecessary.

However, this was a really compelling interview to watch. I think Jon brought the pain a bit too harsh at times, but he really had Cramer against the ropes the entire time. It is a sad situation out there, but I think people need to temper whatever they see on TV with some kind of logic/reason. If you invest(ed) based on what some talking head on a news network was telling you to without doing your own homework and lost a lot, then you need to man up for not being a smart investor.

I don't agree with the first part of your statement, but I completely agree with the last part. In regards to the first half, I see Crameras a spokesperson or a messanger for these various companies that were giving out false statements and market news. If you can't get to the companies, youhave to go to the person that is reporting the news about them, which would be him.

And if it was about CNBC, why pick on one guy, even if he was the most visible? Dedicate a segment to their fallacy and move on. But Stewart can't do that, he has to please his loyal followers so he berated a guy for a network's shortcomings, and then we all applaud him for being the coolest guy on earth. If O'Reilly did this, NT would have nothing to say. Nothing.

Why pick one guy.............well you said it yourself, cause he's the most visible and he's the face of the problem for the situation at hand. Also,O'Reilly tends to twist alot of his guests talking points around completely and yell/shout over them leaving the guest no time to really respond.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

This has nothing to do with the economy. I'll quote a YouTube comment since it sums everything up: "It wasn't about Cramer people. It was about CNBC in general being a shill for the CEOs and bankers on Wall street."
You're missing the point. Stewart has the luxury of a large staff of writers and interns who just compile clips to make fun of people, and he's the pitch man. He isn't any smarter or more clever than anyone he brings on his show. He was able to back Cramer into a corner, but it's not like Mr. Stewart knows any better. He has the luxury of hindsight, and it's good for some laughs and awkward moments, but he's not any sort of genius. And if it was about CNBC, why pick on one guy, even if he was the most visible? Dedicate a segment to their fallacy and move on. But Stewart can't do that, he has to please his loyal followers so he berated a guy for a network's shortcomings, and then we all applaud him for being the coolest guy on earth. If O'Reilly did this, NT would have nothing to say. Nothing.

You clearly don't watch the show. Anything you've said in the first portion of the paragraph, John has acknowledged many times over. Comedy show ornot, sometimes it makes alot more sense than many things out there. And it was a segment dedicated to cnbc, with Cramer included, because you don't thinkcnbc without Cramer. However, he took it personal, got offended, and started making talk show rounds discussing it and coming down on Stewart as a comedian. That's why it was so shocking seeing him so timid when they finally met face to face. And OReilly has done this, and NT applauded him. relax.

Back
Top Bottom