Jonah Hill's 'Mid '90s' - October 19th - Movie Out Now

Jonah Hill will step behind the camera to direct coming-of-age film “Mid ’90s” based on the script he penned.

the film follows a young boy coming up in Los Angeles in the mid-1990s learning life lessons with his skateboarding crew of friends. Hill will not be acting in the film and a production start date is still being worked out.

Saw this at the NY Film Festival premiere
Solid film -- if you dig skate culture or 90s hip-hop, you'll dig the film

I know pitman13 pitman13 was also there

tumblr_pgb1x8pwqA1qbksez_640.jpg

tumblr_pgb1o5v0Zv1qbksez_640.jpg

I had the pleasure of attending the premiere of "Mid90s" last night at The NY Film Festival and a Q&A w/ Jonah Hill and cast afterwards. I really enjoyed the film. I won't go into too much detail but after the first scene, you do feel like you've been time-warped back to the 90s. Also, the music used in the film is spot on, esp the hip hop. I was jamming to the excess Wu records being played throughout the film. Besides the authentic 90's feel, there's a big brother / little brother dynamic in the film that's very profound. Something I can relate to personally.

There's going to be some LadyBird comparisons but while I do think Lady Bird is a better film overall but I felt more connected to Mid90s. I encourage everyone to see this film when it hits theaters on 10/19

In the Q&A, which was too short imo, Jonah said he started writing the film 4-5 years ago. Said after attending last year's Lady Bird premiere at the NYFF, he was hoping his film was good enough for similar premiere. It is.

7/8

Also can't wait, sounds like it does justice to its title. I always get so nostalgic watching 90s based movies/shows.

This does seem to have a "Kids" feel to it with the setting and skateboarding aspect. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Anyone peep? Review on RT are hovering around 90%. Haven't been able to see it because it's limited around here. Would be cool if we could just purchase the stream.

Jonah hill is such a ****ing weirdo lame

Hes really too touchy feely w that kid..

Mid90s 7.3/8

Great movie.

I really really enjoyed this. The subject matter of random topics discussed, the early sexual experiences, the awkward moments, some serious topics about life, the big brother stuff.

A lot of other stuff you can relate to or empathize with. Humor was on point.

Music was very on point. Hip hop wose naturally but also slipping in to the 90s. Its accurately mid 90s with the other music you here in different locations.

I wasn't on that skateboarding tip but it's mostly a vehicle to get the kids out and about. I was definitely not on that white ppl hurt yourself steez either but I took it as something that some of them just do.

This the kind of movie that kinda slides right next to Kids almost effortlessly.

Last edited:
I saw it last night.. I was belly laughing at the dialogue between the kids and the security guard.. :rofl:

I found this movie hilarious

The dialogue made up for what lacked in the story. I wanted to know more about each of them, the mom and brother.

Ray was dope

I actually cared about them as characters and what becomes of them.

The mom being shocked at the end.

Back
Top Bottom