Jonathan Papelbon & Francisco Rodriguez: Get the three outs "Act like you have been there before"

jonathan-papelbon2.jpg

K-Rod-777186.jpg

Let me start off saying there both very good at what they do closing out games sometimes coming in in the 8th and again coming out in the 9th to seal the deal.

Am I the only one who finds the 3 out celbrations a little lame. I mean its cool to be jucied every once in a while by no means could I ever see myself inthere shoes.

So do you guys think its more off a intimidation thing or a "look at me thing"?

rivephs010002.jpg
pimp.gif

Only time I have ever seen this guy celebrate is the WS, Yet I see it all the time with these two.

Or with this guy

hoffman-500x-large.jpg

Hoffman should not be mentioned with Mariano ever, dude pitched in laid back SD and is not his best during a big spot.

I don't see what's wrong with celebrating when you end a game.

[h3]Jonathan Papelbon is the most annoying baseball player followed by Dustin Pedroia.
[/h3]

Who cares, honestly? If you got a problem with it, then get a hit off of them in a clutch situation. Look at what Aubry Huff did to Joba a few weeks ago whenhe hit a HR off of him....Aubrey gave it RIGHT back to the dude. I personally love it when guys show emotion. I guess people get bitter when these guys are noton their teams.

This is the problem w. baseball...too many curmudgeons who are stuck in their old-fashioned ways, and expect these guys to be robots when on the field. I lovethe fact that the Brewers ALL untuck their unis after a win, I love the fact that Jr. rocks his hat *gasp* backwards, I love the fact that dudes like CC gotsome lean to their fitteds....it goes on and on....you can group the dudes who celebrate after getting outs, or hitting HR's in this bunch as well....

bottom line, let the guys live, and if you got a problem w. it then get a hit off of them in a save situation....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who cares, honestly? If you got a problem with it, then get a hit off of them in a clutch situation. Look at what Aubry Huff did to Joba a few weeks ago when he hit a HR off of him....Aubrey gave it RIGHT back to the dude. I personally love it when guys show emotion. I guess people get bitter when these guys are not on their teams.

This is the problem w. baseball...too many curmudgeons who are stuck in their old-fashioned ways, and expect these guys to be robots when on the field. I love the fact that the Brewers ALL untuck their unis after a win, I love the fact that Jr. rocks his hat *gasp* backwards, I love the fact that dudes like CC got some lean to their fitteds....it goes on and on....you can group the dudes who celebrate after getting outs, or hitting HR's in this bunch as well....

bottom line, let the guys live, and if you got a problem w. it then get a hit off of them in a save situation....
Couldn't put it ANY better my dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

[h3]Jonathan Papelbon is the most annoying baseball player followed by Dustin Pedroia.
[/h3]

I have no problem with players celebrating closing out the 9th or getting a huge out in a huge jam throughout the game. My problem is when guys like Jobacelebrate after a 1-2-3 inning in the 8th. Like great you had an easy inning and did your job.

Who cares, honestly? If you got a problem with it, then get a hit off of them in a clutch situation. Look at what Aubry Huff did to Joba a few weeks ago when he hit a HR off of him....Aubrey gave it RIGHT back to the dude. I personally love it when guys show emotion. I guess people get bitter when these guys are not on their teams.

This is the problem w. baseball...too many curmudgeons who are stuck in their old-fashioned ways, and expect these guys to be robots when on the field. I love the fact that the Brewers ALL untuck their unis after a win, I love the fact that Jr. rocks his hat *gasp* backwards, I love the fact that dudes like CC got some lean to their fitteds....it goes on and on....you can group the dudes who celebrate after getting outs, or hitting HR's in this bunch as well....

I agree 100% and still think Papelbon is annoying.

Papelbon is an annoying douche. K-Rod is an annoying douche.

But they aren't the only ones...

I couldn't have said this better myself.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I have no problem with players celebrating closing out the 9th or getting a huge out in a huge jam throughout the game. My problem is when guys like Joba celebrate after a 1-2-3 inning in the 8th. Like great you had an easy inning and did your job.
...but if he was on the Mets, I bet you would have no problem with it.
grin.gif

I get what you're sayin' though...but in reality, it's not a big deal. People just got mad over the fact that he DID have a 1-2-3 inning and YOURteam failed, so it only gets them more agitated when they saw him celebrating.
Originally Posted by theone2401

I agree 100% and still think Papelbon is annoying.
Yes.

I agree 100% with DoubleJ's post. Papelbon is annoying, but I can live with it...

K-Rod is the one who gets on my nerves...son acts like he felt the Holy Ghost after he gets a save.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I have no problem with players celebrating closing out the 9th or getting a huge out in a huge jam throughout the game. My problem is when guys like Joba celebrate after a 1-2-3 inning in the 8th. Like great you had an easy inning and did your job.
grin.gif
Precisely.

valverde be acting like he saved gm7 of world series after coming in with bases loaded and 0 out
laugh.gif

casey blake after hitting a hr off brian wilson
laugh.gif
(wilson celebration isa tribute to his father and faith)

ept_sports_mlb_experts-472535364-1242054527.jpg

Papelbon was SALTY last night

roll.gif

Its annonying when pitchers celebrate after closing a game or a reliever holding on to a lead even when its someone from the White Sox like Octavio Dotel sodon't gimme that "well if he was on your team" non sense

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

grin.gif
Precisely.
Ehhhh, its fine in certain situations, but its funny when Joba does a fist pump striking a guy out with runners on DOWN 4-3 in the middle of the game.

Makes no sense to me, its def not premeditated but it rubs some players the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom