Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

L on SNKRS, online, and I don’t know what is going on with my Kith app.

Ended up with 4 pairs for the personal collection and grabbed a pair for my girl.

8E5142FA-DEDA-43CE-9C07-043F5F909E95.jpeg

-Drew

Love it. Need everyone else to post multiples :pimp:

Won a size 12 for a co-worker of mines at the Better Generation this morning here in Houston. Method was a ton of trivia questions. Out of all the people I asked, it seemed like I had the highest score out of all(65).

Free doughnuts and was a pretty cool experience.
1E86B483-5EFD-473C-AADC-FD9A441ABA24.jpeg
7F019D2B-27AA-4C51-BC5B-08C13B0309B7.jpeg
2B2C3D67-2418-4ACC-A183-E1704ECF4C79.jpeg

Love the pic man!

I'm glad for everyone that was able to cop.

Here's my personal version of the story:

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
***L***

Took an L across the board today. Even though it's been an unpleasant experience at each release like this for years now, I can live with it, I'm an adult.

But, here's my son's story for today and he'd been waiting for these so bad, more than any other J ever before, more than Christmas!

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
****L****

Such a sad experience for a 13 year old the way things are...to experience of the dark side of shoe game when he'd been saving for about a year for these...now that he's old enough, telling me over dinner: ''dad I checked, there are some available on ebay for 525+65$ shipping...''

Re: ''No way you're spending that kind of money on shoes son!'' (which he doesn't have anyway and no matter how much you want something, it is NOT ethical paying triple the price for something. Yo Money! we're talking about shoes here! Not a house! not money for education! shoes son!)

Him:''well what should I do then? You know I really wanted to have these shoes today''

Re: '' yeah I know, I feel ya, me too, wait 2 more years son till the crazy prices come down somewhere more reasonable because it seems like Nike, Footlocker and al. doesn't want your money and there is no way I gonna let ya getting ripped off! You know some years ago, before you were born, when the first Chicago 1 retros were at the Nike outlet, I remember them being piled up on the floor right in the middle of the store and were marked down to 19.99$, no kidding and even then no one would care to buy 'em back then...myself: I didn't have alot of money as a kid so I had to chose and pass on J's even at that price!''
(I've been 'hurting in a way'' for almost 30 years now but I made the right choice back then because needed some running shoes for running track and made it to the national level later, but that's another story! So glad for those who copped today! 👍)

So he took the L like a real Winner, but tough life lesson for a kid...just like me back then.

Last edited:
Won a size 12 for a co-worker of mines at the Better Generation this morning here in Houston. Method was a ton of trivia questions. Out of all the people I asked, it seemed like I had the highest score out of all(65).

Nice. What were some of the trivia questions?

What else you got that you forgot about ?

Love the pic man!

***L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
***L***

Took an L across the board today. Even though it's been an unpleasant experience at each release like this for years now, I can live with it, I'm an adult.

But, here's my son's story for today and he'd been waiting for these so bad, more than any other J ever before, more than Christmas!

L
L L
L L
L

Such a sad experience for a 13 year old the way things are...to experience of the dark side of shoe game when he'd been saving for about a year for these...now that he's old enough, telling me over dinner: ''dad I checked, there are some available on ebay for 525+65$ shipping...''

Re: ''No way you're spending that kind of money on shoes son!'' (which he doesn't have anyway and no matter how much you want something, it is NOT ethical paying triple the price for something. Yo Money! we're talking about shoes here! Not a house! not money for education! shoes son!)

Him:''well what should I do then? You know I really wanted to have these shoes today''

Re: '' yeah I know, I feel ya, me too, wait 2 more years son till the crazy prices come down somewhere more reasonable because it seems like Nike, Footlocker and al. doesn't want your money and there is no way I gonna let ya getting ripped off! You know some years ago, before you were born, when the first Chicago 1 retros were at the Nike outlet, I remember them being piled up on the floor right in the middle of the store and were marked down to 19.99$, no kidding and even then no one would care to buy 'em back then...myself: I didn't have alot of money as a kid so I had to chose and pass on J's even at that price!''
(I've been 'hurting in a way'' for almost 30 years now but I made the right choice back then because needed some running shoes for running track and made it to the national level later, but that's another story! So glad for those who copped today! 👍)

So he took the L like a real Winner, but tough life lesson for a kid...just like me back then.
Love the story, love the morals! Someone with the stockpile, find out this MAN’s sons’ size and hit him with the oop. That is realness at it’s fullest. Props to you good sir! 🙌

Actually was dope. Quick and easy process. Allowed for people to actually have to know some history to win (trivia) and not just having randoms come to get pairs for others or to resell. I liked it.

I don’t knock anybody for grabbing multiples and putting in the work. But it is quite comical when people got 4-8 pairs and say it’s for personal use or “the fam.” Just say they’re getting flipped and be real

Who the heck are y’all kidding. Unless StockX/GOAT are part of your family.

Love the story, love the morals! Someone with the stockpile, find out this MAN’s sons’ size and hit him with the oop. That is realness at it’s fullest. Props to you good sir! 🙌
Hey man! you're too kind just for thinking about this! I appreciate the thought! Wasn't begging for anything though...just sharing true life story with you guys as I'm sure we're not the only ones and it will resonate with many people here...should ne Nike's job to make sure they don't disappoint their future life fans right? or other merchant's selling J's as well for that matter...

I'm 46 now and I come from the time were you were able to walk into a Mom and Pop's store and buy J's up to a few weeks after release, after working hard for getting what would make me vibe. But at least I knew that if I cared enough and worked hard, I'd be able to get what I had worked so hard for, so there was my motivation in life and that's one thing that got me hooked up to the shoe game for life, besides being a die hard MJ, Nike and basketball fan.

Now it's''work hard son, you never know , you might get an L when release day comes down!'' ☹️

Last edited:
I don’t knock anybody for grabbing multiples and putting in the work. But it is quite comical when people got 4-8 pairs and say it’s for personal use or “the fam.” Just say they’re getting flipped and be real

Who the heck are y’all kidding. Unless StockX/GOAT are part of your family.
Marcus Jordan’s dad is the GOAT.

And we know even he’s back dooring (the same shoe).

Personally I was trying to get a second pair for trade purposes.

Otherwise I’m happy with my 1 pair and won’t load up in the future.

Love the pic man!

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
***L***

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
****L****

As previous stated....
NOT MINE
I WISH
Found it online and thought it was creative.
I caught Ls and couldn't enter Draw like most.
Time to retire ....

Nice to see a Houston store provide a safe experience, provide a fair/equitable process & actually engage in honest activity. :lol:

PO

Last edited:
I lucked out and got 3 pair for me & 1 for son & 1 for the wife. SNKRS fiasco was wild but after 1,5 he got thru. The rest was from local raffles. I have not hit a release like this since the space jams!!!!

Here’s my story….. took hella L’s like everyone else. Tried on SNKRS and that **** was a fiasco as everyone already knows. I was able to join the draw finally but 1 hour and a half after the draw I was still stuck on pending so I assumed the L and went to sleep. Woke up at around 2 and the L was confirmed lol. I didn’t even care anymore at that point I was content with my 2015‘s. I had mentally moved on. Went back to sleep.

Woke up again at 5 to a text from my ex. She was able to get me a pair through SNKRS. My girl walks in the room and she hit on SNKRS too. I went from hella L’s to 2 pairs just like that. Now I just gotta find someone to trade me a 10 for a 10.5. Crazy ****. I’m gonna give the other pair to my son.

FTL has had a few random restocks, or what appears to be that, random sizes. Just uncartable. Wonder if cancelations make ghost pairs show, but the system doesn't allow those to be carted. No idea...

As previous stated....
NOT MINE
I WISH
Found it online and thought it was creative.
I caught Ls and couldn't enter Draw like most.
Time to retire ....
Awww man! thought they were yours and I was genuinely glad for you.

I'm so sorry you took an L too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, it is indeed very creative, really beautiful and artistic, truly love it. It breathes happiness when I look at it and we need stuff like this. It represents very well what the experience should be all about and what many of us feel like whenever we're able to get the shoes we love. Hat's off to that person!

No retirement here.
Myself I'm already in line for the next OG Chicago 1's. Got a score to settle with that's 30 years overdue now. So lets keep working on it and it will happen eventually.

For me the Lost and Found represented kind of like a consolation prize in a way for lack of better words so, as for myself I'm not too disappointed ...just means that the real thing is waiting for me somewhere down the line.

But for my son it's a whole different story because these were the real thing to him, to his own story. He really liked the whole concept around the Lost and Found, since I he'd been telling him my AJ1 story I shared here today on NT since he was little.

Hey! and he's too young to retire!!! lol
I'm glad he didn't mention anything about it after today's disappointment. It's not his style to give up anyway, that's the best part about this whole thing.

Here’s my story….. took hella L’s like everyone else. Tried on SNKRS and that **** was a fiasco as everyone already knows. I was able to join the draw finally but 1 hour and a half after the draw I was still stuck on pending so I assumed the L and went to sleep. Woke up at around 2 and the L was confirmed lol. I didn’t even care anymore at that point I was content with my 2015‘s. I had mentally moved on. Went back to sleep.

Woke up again at 5 to a text from my ex. She was able to get me a pair through SNKRS. My girl walks in the room and she hit on SNKRS too. I went from hella L’s to 2 pairs just like that. Now I just gotta find someone to trade me a 10 for a 10.5. Crazy ****. I’m gonna give the other pair to my son.

Your wife is cool with your ex copping shoes for you?

Back
Top Bottom