Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

SNKRS app has been signing me out when I close the app. Usually I sign in when I open the app but forgot today and was never able to sign in once the draw started. Other than that the app worked fine this morning :lol: lots of 1s have restocked this year and hopefully these follow the trend. Thought Nike would have been embarrassed at the previous Chicago release and try to sell as many pairs as possible this go around.

At this point in my life, I need a depressingly failed release like this every once in a while to remind me why I stopped going so hard. I tried at literally every local and online raffle or draw that I could (I think 13 total), and struck out on every single one. Meanwhile, all these clowns are whining cause the "only hit on 3 pairs" or they just get whatever sizes they can instead of getting their size to wear on their feet. Time to liquidate a bit and duck out for a while, back to the General section for me. I refuse to support the resale market. Guess I'll see you guys in another 5 or 6 years when/if they release them again, or I drop in for one of the other occasional disappointments that happen when another appealing 1, 3, or 4 releases. Peace

My BM would have cancelled the pair she won and threatened me to pick the other pair up... hope you made up a story about their origin.
Lol , nah we’re all cool. Used to be married to my ex. We’ve known each other since child hood. We co parent now and everyone gets along. Her and my lady are cool with each other. Considering getting married again lol.

My Top 3 Jordan colorway/model combination. Bred 11s would make it top 4 but I don’t have those.
FD9D29DB-4E23-4CD8-BBDF-06A698DD8518.jpeg

Just like your profile pic...I have "lost my smile" after the mess this release caused. I just wanted one size 13. So my question for everyone who struck out is are yall paying the $400+ resell?
Hell no. Every time one of you pays resale you perpetuate this vicious cycle of mass losses for sneakerheads, and botters and resalers winning and cornering the market. My single resale purchase, or lack thereof, isn't going to change things, but I sure as hell won't be enriching them just to encourage them to compete with me on further releases.

Wow... make that 3some happen player.
I’m not gonna push it. I got it pretty good considering lol :lol:

So I went to sleep about an hour after the draw. How long was it before the W’S and L’s starting coming though. At 11:00 eastern it seemed like everyone was still pending for the most part.

This release was a *****. I haven’t struggled with a release like this in years. Can’t remember the last time honestly. I’m not into buying the super rare collab stuff so it’s been a while for me. Hopefully this release doesn’t jump start the Jordan market again like the 2011 Concords did. I like being able to cop my sneakers easily like it’s been for quite some time. Hopefully the 2’s aren’t under produced and will be an easy cop.

Last edited:
Was able to enter 3 accounts and my girl entered for me on hers. One of my 3 entries was an extra acct I made for her I can use myself when possible. Besides snkrs pass yesterday, I think today was the first release I ever used it for. Of course only that account hit lol Not complaining, but funny how that works.

where is the best place to cop secondary for a 10.5 so that I can be absolutely sure I'm getting authentics? stockx is a scam. I'm cool with paying extra for piece of mind.

Pics? And if GOAT has started letting fakes slip through, I'll never purchase from them again.
If y’all don’t understand that every major resell marketplace does and has always let fakes slip through I don’t know what to tell you. Most of those “legit checkers“ have no idea what the hell they are looking for. And even the ones that do can barely tell the difference at this point. If you’re not buying retail there’s always a possibility that you’re gonna get got. Just the reality and ugly side of the current game. I always laughed at the people that were so shocked when stock x got caught with the fakes. I understood this from day 1. EBay, GOAT, flight Club all of them have had fakes slip through. I don’t even blame those resell marketplaces. It’s just too tough to spot some of these fakes. Especially with the volume they are pumping out everyday. Somethings gonna get through.

I’ve been buying from flight club for a while and that’s the only place I’ve trusted from the after market places. But who knows if they have any flakes pass through

And what if you miss again ?

****, I don't know. I only wear sneakers 2 or 3 days a week now because of work and my knees/ankles/hips. Might be time to throw my hat in the ring and just re-up with whatever retro is around when I wear out the previous pair. Been buying more boots, wool baseball caps, and guitar stuff the last several years anyway. Gotta step away from hobbies that cause stress and frustration and lean into those that provide some happiness, pleasure, and satisfaction.

I’ve been buying from flight club for a while and that’s the only place I’ve trusted from the after market places. But who knows if they have any flakes pass through
I still buy secondary sometimes. It’s rare. I’m just at peace with the reality. But I won’t buy 1’s or XI’s Secondary. They’ve mastered the knockoffs to the point that it’s just too risky for me.

Checking in

Wow what a day! I've been away since 2018 and came back when I heard the Chicago 1's are releasing. Let me tell you, I put my heart into this release. As I mentioned before, I put in nearly 100 raffle entries. I literally made a speadsheet to keep track of which raffles I entered, account info/login, which I hit and didn't, etc. I knew it wasn't going to be easy come release day, so I planned ahead. It was similar to the 2015 Chicago release IMO and that one was just as tough. To my surprise, I secured a few pairs. The next challenge was picking up those pairs. I strategically mapped out my day so I'm not wasting too much time and gas, and also since retailers opened stores at different times and each had different cut off times. It took me a few hours to make my rounds. I only tried on Snkrs this morning and everybody knows how that went. I couldn't even log in. I could see the clock counting down, but got error after error, so I stopped trying. This thread was moving way too fast as I tried to catch up while making my rounds. Anyway, I know it was a disappointment for most, but keep your heads up. I feel we'll see random restocks in the coming days/weeks. Loving the quality on these for sure but 15s > 22s.

Snapchat-1876907911 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Love the pic man!

I'm glad for everyone that was able to cop.

Here's my personal version of the story:

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
***L***

Took an L across the board today. Even though it's been an unpleasant experience at each release like this for years now, I can live with it, I'm an adult.

But, here's my son's story for today and he'd been waiting for these so bad, more than any other J ever before, more than Christmas!

****L***
***LL***
*LLLLL*
****L****

Such a sad experience for a 13 year old the way things are...to experience of the dark side of shoe game when he'd been saving for about a year for these...now that he's old enough, telling me over dinner: ''dad I checked, there are some available on ebay for 525+65$ shipping...''

Re: ''No way you're spending that kind of money on shoes son!'' (which he doesn't have anyway and no matter how much you want something, it is NOT ethical paying triple the price for something. Yo Money! we're talking about shoes here! Not a house! not money for education! shoes son!)

Him:''well what should I do then? You know I really wanted to have these shoes today''

Re: '' yeah I know, I feel ya, me too, wait 2 more years son till the crazy prices come down somewhere more reasonable because it seems like Nike, Footlocker and al. doesn't want your money and there is no way I gonna let ya getting ripped off! You know some years ago, before you were born, when the first Chicago 1 retros were at the Nike outlet, I remember them being piled up on the floor right in the middle of the store and were marked down to 19.99$, no kidding and even then no one would care to buy 'em back then...myself: I didn't have alot of money as a kid so I had to chose and pass on J's even at that price!''
(I've been 'hurting in a way'' for almost 30 years now but I made the right choice back then because needed some running shoes for running track and made it to the national level later, but that's another story! So glad for those who copped today! 👍)

So he took the L like a real Winner, but tough life lesson for a kid...just like me back then.
You ever thought about biting the bullet this one time and getting him a pair for Xmas or his birthday? It may sound corny but looking at his face if you surprised him will probably be worth it.

I remember when my mom surprised me back in high school with the Kobe sunshine All-stars. I was geeked like I was 8 instead of 15.

Yea prices usually shoots up in the first week after release. Then settles down after shipping arrives. My so called connect luckily only asked for $100 over retail.
He got some size 11’s?
Your wife is cool with your ex copping shoes for you?
Same thing I was thinking. 😂 like how he pull that one off
My BM would have cancelled the pair she won and threatened me to pick the other pair up... hope you made up a story about their origin.
When I was with my ex something like this would’ve gotten me dropped like some chicken in hot grease

I had to go through like 30 pages to catch up from this morning 😂😭

Back
Top Bottom