Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

View attachment 3059866
Where the LA Wins at??? @So Much Sole 23 once pairs from LA get here ill post the pic
69A5CB78-2737-453A-800A-DEB8EC486720.png

Still haven’t hit a mens FLX release

If bot accts look same as regular accounts then yeah ignore my idea lol

My acct looks different cuz I’ll buy random crap. Socks, bricks, hoop shoes, etc.

Also 97% of my cops are my size. Once in a while I get a size for my girl or my kids. But mainly it’s all for me 😂. I’d imagine bot accts have no pattern. I think they can identify it easily. They’re not buying no damn kyries and KD’s lol
I see
nah, he's a close 2nd
is he close though?

Y’all know there was a time before bots existed and people STILL struck out all the time right? Y’all make it sound like people with bots get ALL the pairs you missed out on. The supply still wouldn’t meet the demand on a big release.
People still missed out but it was rare to not get a shoe you wanted. I had 3 pairs of 88 Cements. All using 1 computer, and then a 4th from that Nike restock. The overall ticketing system ruined buying for me.

Being up against poor website infrastructure at midnight during a time that where significantly less people were into shoes is a completely different fight than competing with millions of not tasks that can purchase shoes faster than a human can.

There’s always the chance that shoes can sell out before you can purchase them but buying shoes online back then was pretty much test for who could stick at it the longest and who had better internet speeds. Take that and spread it out among 7 or 8 different shops spreading everyone’s attention, I’ll take that over boys any day of the week

If I were to dig though my emails for order confirmations for 2009-2012 space jams, concords, and cool Greys all of those order confirmations will have time stamps from like 1am to 3am for midnight releases. I remember many folks in those threads tapping out after 20-30 minutes coming back to threads where folks who kept at it copped pairs as late a few hours before they woke up.
And that’s the difference. Shoes are way more popular amongst the masses than they used to be, it’s not like it’s solely because of bots that people strike out. If there were significantly less people into shoes then and websites were crashing it’s not like it’s going to be easier now without bots.

And that’s the difference. Shoes are way more popular amongst the masses than they used to be, it’s not like it’s solely because of bots that people strike out. If there were significantly less people into shoes then and websites were crashing it’s not like it’s going to be easier now without bots.
A lot of women are into sneakers now and all of 'em dont wear 6 and 7Y.

Social media helped change the game, its not only sneaker heads going for drops now like it was back then, its the Tik Tokers, influencers and their followers

Last edited:

Absolutely, the masses liking sneakers more will always be a factor but bots make the human element not even a factor anymore unless a shop goes out of their way to dump money into an intricate release. that’s the difference. Even as recent as up to 2018, when automatic check out weren’t a wide spread thing and folks were using add to cart bots, it wasn’t completely useless to log in at 10am and smash add to cart for awhile. Now it’s not even worth it. I probably had a 80% success rate on remastered jordan 1s from 2015-2019 just from online attempts on fcfs drops. That’s not happening in 2022

If you go by nikes numbers, upwards of 40% of draw entries are Bots. And that’s just the ones they catch. If there was no bot entireties at all, the amount of total submissions would dry by almost half. That’s a huge change in odds for landing a pair.

All that to say, I’d rather take my chances and compete against humans, regardless of the number rather than bots. Once automated checkouts and raffle bots became the norm buying sneakers at retail has become winning the lottery

Absolutely, the masses liking sneakers more will always be a factor but bots make the human element not even a factor anymore unless a shop goes out of their way to dump money into an intricate release. that’s the difference. Even as recent as up to 2018, when automatic check out weren’t a wide spread thing and folks were using add to cart bots, it wasn’t completely useless to log in at 10am and smash add to cart for awhile. Now it’s not even worth it. I probably had a 80% success rate on remastered jordan 1s from 2015-2019 just from online attempts on fcfs drops. That’s not happening in 2022

If you go by nikes numbers, upwards of 40% of draw entries are Bots. And that’s just the ones they catch. If there was no bot entireties at all, the amount of total submissions would dry by almost half. That’s a huge change in odds for landing a pair.

All that to say, I’d rather take my chances and compete against humans, regardless of the number rather than bots. Once automated checkouts and raffle bots became the norm buying sneakers at retail has become winning the lottery

I agree. I’m just saying a lot of people act like with bots eliminated that means it’s going to be an automatic W, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Are bots a problem? Absolutely, but they aren’t the sole problem with missing out on releases

I agree. I’m just saying a lot of people act like with bots eliminated that means it’s going to be an automatic W, that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Are bots a problem? Absolutely, but they aren’t the sole problem with missing out on releases
I haven't seen anyone in here say that by eliminating bots and backdooring etc etc that everything would be a W. I think we all (or most of us discussing this) have been around long enough to know that's far from the case. But the relatively recent evolution to bots etc has, as frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds points out, made it significantly worse.

Yeah that’s true. Getting sneakers hasn’t been “easy” for awhile. But the cost used to be just losing a nights sleep on a Friday night and BS with NTers between US and International drops. If I could go back to those Days and have a 65% success rate I’d take it in a heart beat lol

Yeah that’s true. Getting sneakers hasn’t been “easy” for awhile. But the cost used to be just losing a nights sleep on a Friday night and BS with NTers between US and International drops. If I could go back to those Days and have a 65% success rate I’d take it in a heart beat lol

I remember being on hold with Nike placing an order at 11pm and on the site :lol:

Botting before botting :pimp:

Just add 2FA. Checkout requires a code you receive via text or email.

another issue with that is that some people don’t get the text or emails immediately. There’s always a delay with the emails or texts rolling in. Some people get it right away and some get it later even if they entered the same time. Those “precious seconds/minutes” waiting for the 2FA code will cause you to get Out of Stock. We’ve seen it in some sort of form of that with “email password/code to enter website”.

Back
Top Bottom