Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

🤔
I'll take my chances with a Cncpts raffle any day!
Screenshot_20221201_231042.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_231257.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_231435.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_231509.jpg

🤷🏿‍♂️

Thank you!!! I knew I could count on you 🙌🏿

Well the demand is still a critical part of it. The high demand has to exist first. That’s why all this only really happens with 4s and 1s. I know 3s are GOATed for people like us but the masses don’t (yet) feel the same way which is why FR3s were relatively easy to get

All of which were around (besides bots) before shoes blew up again.

You can throw all those things together but it still boils down to the popularity growing in every aspect (fashion influencers, social media, reselling, etc). Twice as popular? I’d say it’s way more than that

And no it didn’t happen overnight or even over a few years. The culture blew up with the concord retro and the galaxy foamposite fiasco because both were covered in the national news. Ever since those events it’s gotten bigger and bigger every year and shoes get harder and harder to get.

Popularity=harder to get=lucrative market=bots/resellers

Either I'm not doing a good job making it clear what I mean, or you guys aren't getting my point, or we can just agree to disagree. We're splitting hairs, ultimately., anyway. Yes, of course big demand has to exist in the first place. What I question is, how much of that demand is from botters, non-bot flippers, IG flexers who flip a week later, and on and on. I'm separating demand from people like us who actually like sneakers and want to keep and wear them from demand caused by these other types of consumers who aren't even the end users of the shoes they obtain. Again, no one ever said that pre-bot all these releases were super easy ever since 1985. There was a period a decade+ ago when it was also almost impossible to get anything. That era was caused by JB limiting almost every release, though.
I do, however, disagree that this latest era of silliness didn't happen very quickly. As I also said previously, I was able to put in almost zero effort other than trying to get stuff when it launched on Saturday mornings and came way with ZERO Ls between about 2015--start of COVID. That's a fact, not something I made up. Christ, people were having a difficult time scoring BARKLEYS and AIR RAIDS at retail :rofl:

Nike pulling a stockx stunt now? :lol:
Verified and authentic and condition new to just condition new.

They changed 40 to 50% and 20 million to 12 billion ?
I saw that, too. Classic. :lol:

Yes, of course big demand has to exist in the first place. What I question is, how much of that demand is from botters, non-bot flippers, IG flexers who flip a week later, and on and on. I'm separating demand from people like us who actually like sneakers and want to keep and wear them from demand caused by these other types of consumers who aren't even the end users of the shoes they obtain
If you include non-botting resellers then yeah it’s probably much more than 10% of the stock bought for the purpose of reselling. Still don’t really blame them though given the potential profit and how easy it is to enter draws. I understand they’re taking away retail pairs from actual consumers but they’re also lowering the market price by increasing the supply for sale. If everyone who won L&Fs kept theirs to wear then the market price would’ve stayed over $800/$900 or whatever it was

Well the demand is still a critical part of it. The high demand has to exist first. That’s why all this only really happens with 4s and 1s. I know 3s are GOATed for people like us but the masses don’t (yet) feel the same way which is why FR3s were relatively easy to get
Don't get it twisted. A fire red 3 isn't on the same level as a wc3 or a bc3. Just wait till next year, you'll see.

Why debate the source of the demand at all?

The LF1 is a holiday release. Assuming there really were 500k pairs worldwide, Nike should have doubled that amount. Especially because it's a sought after "OG".

We have ultra popular holiday releases in the past that prove that Nike/Jordan could've made it easier for it's core fan base by releasing much more pairs. They choose not to do so.

You don't even have to look that far back for proof that more supply is the only real remedy for this issue. The Concord 11 was reported to have nearly 1million pairs sold.

Were there more pairs gobbled by bots and resellers? Probably

Were there any people that wanted a pair of Concord 11s that missed out? Sure

But for the majority of consumers that wanted a pair to wear at retail, most were satisfied... Especially in relation to where we are now with this release.

Respectfully, taking pairs off the market at retail and placing them back on the market at a premium helps no one.

In fact, it does the exact opposite
Serious question Even if Nike can somehow get rid of all bots, backdooring, and reselling completely, and only people who wanted to wear the shoes could enter draws … what % do you think would take a W and what % gets an L for something like Travis 1s? Is it 90/10? 50/50? Nike gonna make sure every corny *ss mf gets to rock one for only $200?

The point is Nike already has complete control over the bots and backdooring problem. There’s nothing physically stopping them from making as many Chicago 1s as they make white AF1s or Pandas. They just choose to do barely enough about it so that something like the MB4s stays above a certain price point. To maintain a certain level of exclusivity which helps maintain the hype

Last couple pages been boof with these intricate minds debating how to solve the sinister problem of supply and demand. I rather have more Nigerian scammer talk.

Yeah I’m throwing in the towel on that debate. Some cats think Nike needs to make ten million of each shoe, some think no bots would mean every single person in America can fairly have them, etc etc.

Ain’t nothing gonna change :lol: just accept it or find a new hobby

Back
Top Bottom