Jordan 1 High '85 Metallic Burgundy - June 22, 2024

They’ll come through with a desirable colorway for the 40th anniversary in ‘25 :smile:
Interesting. Wonder what it'll be. Doubt its Breds, Chicagos, Royals, or Black Toes because we recently got (or are getting) reimagined pairs for all of those...
Maybe Shadows or UNCs...

OG Colorway that dropped in '85 along with a zillion other colorways.. versions like this mostly got made for college teams etc. Pretty sure Jordan never wore them and I think the only retro we ever got that made sense was during the 2015/16 remaster intro era. Someone can correct me if I missed anything or was off.

Of all 85 releases, the only true OGs so far have been Neutral Grey, Black White, and now these. (NB's are supposed to be an OG sample though)

27B0ADDC-18E7-4C0F-857C-0316E189397F.jpeg

Thanks for informing me.

Now I can vaguely recall that other colors of the Jordan 1 High have been occasionally mentioned in different threads.

Since I wasn't into the 1 High, especially when they were out in 1985, I was never aware there were a multitude of additional colors until I came on this website. I can only recall the colors that Jordan wore were available for retail.

So can you please verify that any 1 High that has the '85 label gimmick is basically just a rehash of a color that was previously released during that year? I truly never knew what the '85 distinction meant. I assumed it meant it had differing details or style, perhaps better quality, original mold being used, etc.

I assume all the colors that were produced after 1985 that weren't part of that year's collection will never have the '85 distinction based on what I've seen for years. Is that right?

Can you please explain what you meant by true original regarding those colors you referred to?

Thanks for informing me.

Now I can vaguely recall that other colors of the Jordan 1 High have been occasionally mentioned in different threads.

Since I wasn't into the 1 High, especially when they were out in 1985, I was never aware there were a multitude of additional colors until I came on this website. I can only recall the colors that Jordan wore were available for retail.

So can you please verify that any 1 High that has the '85 label gimmick is basically just a rehash of a color that was previously released during that year? I truly never knew what the '85 distinction meant. I assumed it meant it had differing details or style, perhaps better quality, original mold being used, etc.

I assume all the colors that were produced after 1985 that weren't part of that year's collection will never have the '85 distinction based on what I've seen for years. Is that right?

Can you please explain what you meant by true original regarding those colors you referred to?
This is what released to the public.
7A40C285-5AA9-4010-8CA8-4B97EB30EC83.png

And this includes samples.
4B3EA212-0962-4E9C-83A1-27B2E95BC307.jpeg

This is what released to the public.
7A40C285-5AA9-4010-8CA8-4B97EB30EC83.png

And this includes samples.
4B3EA212-0962-4E9C-83A1-27B2E95BC307.jpeg

I’d be down for the dark red, metallic black and metallic blue in the 85 cut.

It's nice to learn in retrospect there were a multitude of colors that were released in addition to the popular colors that Jordan wore on court when the 1 High was out at that time.

But can anyone please explain what the '85 cut distinction means?

I noticed any 1 High that has the '85 distinction seems to be a color that Jordan didn't wear on court. I also noticed there are mentions of a cut whenever the '85 distinction is involved.

It's nice to learn in retrospect there were a multitude of colors that were released in addition to the popular colors that Jordan wore on court when the 1 High was out at that time.

But can anyone please explain what the '85 cut distinction means?

I noticed any 1 High that has the '85 distinction seems to be a color that Jordan didn't wear on court. I also noticed there are mentions of a cut whenever the '85 distinction is involved.
The whole '85 High line consists of Jordan 1s that were retooled and altered to match the design specifications of the actual 1985 Jordan 1s (though it IS Nike we're talking about so there are some discrepancies meaning they're not 1:1). The new '85s feature a straight heel rather than one that curves toward the front of the shoe, thicker cuts of leather, bigger/thicker swoosh, board lasted insoles, and an embossed Wings logo unlike the usual stamped/branded variation of it that is seen on OG Highs. I might be missing some details but this is pretty much what the High '85 line is about. Think of the "remaster" initiative but for Jordan 1s only. As for why Nike only release colors that MJ never wore (besides the Neutral Grey's), it's probably so they can push this gimmicky "Reimagined" line with OG colorways on the normal OG High, and once they've finished milking that line and their customers pockets, they'll turn around and rerelease the OG colorways that MJ wore but this time as '85 Highs.

I noticed any 1 High that has the '85 distinction seems to be a color that Jordan didn't wear on court.
They haven't released those... yet :wink:

They should’ve given us the black or maroon!!
Maroon all day though
Again, these are going to be White/Team red, which is darker than Gym/Varsity Red.

Last edited:
They have released those... yet :wink:

Again, these are going to be White/Team red, which is darker than Gym/Varsity Red.
Woah woah… let me stop you right here

Are you saying we are getting these

Update: just saw your post on the first page…. Good lord!! If true, I’m in for three pairs. I have been forever wanting this pair to retro

It is the only reason I copped AMM 1, because they remind me of these so much
55293331-A9BE-4F07-A065-D789A1D3F936.jpeg

B15BED13-7589-455F-BE91-05C48D1D19DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom