Jordan 1 Legit Check Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide was created to help people distinguish the difference between Authentic Retro 1 OG Nike Air pairs and high quality replicas that have surfaced. Please refer to this guide when looking to purchase a pair of Jordan 1 Retro High OG's. I currently cannot find good pictures of GM Shadow 1's, so please PM me if you have some.

Special thanks to @from88til  for helping out with the pictures as usual. 

More pictures of Royals and Shadows will be added shortly.
[h5]-BREDS[/h5][h5]-ROYALS[/h5][h5]-SHADOWS[/h5][h5]-BLACK TOES[/h5]
Common Signs of Grey Market Retro 1's:
  • Widows Peaks - Found on the toebox, heel tab, and upper heel
  • Large Lace Bag - Sometimes it will have a red line through the top of it, which is an immediate red flag that shoes are FAKE
  • Wings logo pointing towards the bottom lace hole, when it should be pointing towards the top one
  • Wings logo is printed on, when it should be embossed
  • Shiny leather
  • Dull color
  • The "NIKE" on the tongue is stretched, and taller than normal
  • The production tag has the wrong font
  • The "Swoosh" on the side is thick and oddly shaped
  • The pattern on the sole is incorrect, especially in the middle around the "NIKE" logo
  • The "R" on the box will be squared off, when it should be rounded
  • Shoe tree for the heel of the shoe is WHITE, when it should be GREY
Below are pictures of Authentic pairs, with pictures of the Fake pairs following, giving you a comparison on how it should, and should not look.
[h5]  [/h5][h5]Breds[/h5][h5]AUTHENTIC[/h5][h5]FAKE[/h5][h5]Royals[/h5][h5]AUTHENTIC[/h5][h5]FAKE[/h5][h5]Shadows[/h5][h5]AUTHENTIC[/h5][h5]FAKE[/h5]
coming soon...(if you have pictures of GM Shadow 1's, please PM me)
[h5]BLACK TOES[/h5][h5]AUTHENTIC[/h5][h5]FAKE[/h5]

Last edited:
I think that doesn't exist fake shadows, knicks and black toes with Nike Air tag

I think that doesn't exist fake shadows, knicks and black toes with Nike Air tag

Look hard enough and you will find them. I recently say fake RTTG Vegas 1s, which is surprising because they sat at outlets for a few months.

Just looked on TB and found tons of Black Toes and they are so obvious they are GM.
laugh.gif

Here is a link to GM Shadows, http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.334.Pl6CVi&id=38337306711
thanks brah. gonna update this guide shortly.

Another common sign of fake 1s is messy stitching. Also, GM Shadow 1s are so hard to come by, but I'll try to find some good photos and I'll make sure to PM you if I do.

Last edited:
When the box cover doesn't have a stamp like these, is it a red flag? The pair seems legit as my Royals but the box doesn't have a stamp.

When the box cover doesn't have a stamp like these, is it a red flag? The pair seems legit as my Royals but the box doesn't have a stamp.
No. My Royal 1's, which are 100% Authentic, didn't have a QC stamp either.

yes I have bigger pics
@filipp0  could you post the pictures? Just want to add them so people looking for Shadow 1's see the flaws on that specific colorway. Of course the flaws for all replica 1's are the same on every colorway.

ppl. watch out the bred 1, there r some good replicas out now, this guide doesnt work any longer, u better do a side by side comparison if u friend have a real pair for sure, this is what I got.

this seems really good until I did a side by side comparison with my friend's from nike employee store,

and the differences r 

left real for nike employee, right fake.

1,there is a gap between sz tag and nike's tag

2, if u look carefully, there r small holes on the nike sz tag, im not sure if its the glue or the mesh, but nothing at all on the fake one.

and also the color of the red leather r slightly different, i mean slightly, but u can tell, and the fake one's leather is soft, but not as soft as the real one.

3, look carefully, the stitching was so off, 

4, thickness of the leather, im not sure if u can tell from this eagle, but the real one in the bottom is thicker but softer,

5, the insole r different, most of the real jordan has straps on it, but this one doesnt 

The thing pointed out are minor flaws. Not every pair is going to be exactly alike. But these are not tells of replicas. As for the insoles, they can look different underneath as well as the area under the insole that are frequently different from shoe to shoe like the stitching inside that can vary between black or white threads.

100% legit '13 Retro OG Bred 1's. Not all authentic shoes have the stamp but having the stamp is a good sign just as long as it's the correct font..

Last edited:
The thing pointed out are minor flaws. Not every pair is going to be exactly alike. But these are not tells of replicas. As for the insoles, they can look different underneath as well as the area under the insole that are frequently different from shoe to shoe like the stitching inside that can vary between black or white threads.
he is shipping another pair to me, i will c how does the other one look like, if same problem, it can't be just a coincide. plus i did a side by side check with my friend's from nike employee store, the color of the red leather is slightly different, hard to tall on the pic, only c it in person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom