Jordan 11 bred 2012 legit check, please help

Hello all,

Could I get a legit check on these Jordan 11 bred 2012s? What is driving me crazy is the left shoe with the jumpman not lining up between the 2 and 3 on the back. Most of the close up pictures like the insert, production date tag, and inner tongue are from the left shoe since that is the one that has me skeptical, as the right shoe the jumpman lines up between the 2&3. I also heard the glue smell is one of the best ways to tell if a shoe is legit or fake. Well with this pair has no smell at all. Any help and pointers will be greatly appreciated. Its crazy with fakes literally getting so good almost flawless they are hard to distinguish. I know these are from 2012 but i saw a video of someone reviewing a fake of this sneaker recently as they are still being made and perfected, even coming with fake footlocker receipts. I remember the fake 2012s with the patent leather being higher, the 23 being off etc, but these new made in 2018 ones are leaving me paranoid. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20190311_193713.jpg
    20190311_193713.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 20190311_193732.jpg
    20190311_193732.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 20190311_193750.jpg
    20190311_193750.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 20190311_193814.jpg
    20190311_193814.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 20190311_193834.jpg
    20190311_193834.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 20190311_193951.jpg
    20190311_193951.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 20190311_194240.jpg
    20190311_194240.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 20190311_194310.jpg
    20190311_194310.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 20190311_194626.jpg
    20190311_194626.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 20190311_195026.jpg
    20190311_195026.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 262
These look good imo. Carbon fiber looks good, jumpman and the height of the PL along with the sizing tag and production dates look correct. It is possible that the 23 could have been placed slightly off from the other shoe but I would like to see a shot of the sides of each shoe to see the lace strap positions a little better and the toe caps if possible because you're correct in stating that some companies are making really good fakes. Also, the 3rd spacing tag, does it run the width of the tongue or does it stop a little short on either side ?

Thanks Greg. Ive attached 10 more photos with the angles you were looking for to see the sides, lace strap, and toe caps, would of had em all in one post but I guess niketalk only allows 10 at a time now. I also took pictures of the 3rd spacing tag, it does run the width of the tongue and does not stop a little short on either side. Its so crazy now a days I mean fakes are getting literally 1:1 indistinguishable. Its frustrating because if you cant get at retail, you can always go to a Flight Club, Stadium Goods, Goat, Stock X etc. but what is their authentication process? Just find pics online and compare? Do they have a high quality fake to compare hand in hand cause no way anyone working at those places knows every single flaw that every real sneaker shouldn't have? And even if they have a fake to compare with, how do you know its not an outdated high quality and an even better one is out there? Seeing this sneaker get made again 7 years later with the flaws being fixed each fake release and even coming with a fake receipt, uggggggg.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 85
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 82
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 81
Thank you for uploading more pictures. I'm stuck on these & im usually pretty decisive when it comes to authenticating Jordan 11's. I own a pair of 2012 bred 11's. Let me take a look at mine in comparison to your pictures when I get home from work today. In the meantime hopefully JRepp23 will comment and lend us his expertise on 11's.

Thanks Greg. Ive attached 10 more photos with the angles you were looking for to see the sides, lace strap, and toe caps, would of had em all in one post but I guess niketalk only allows 10 at a time now. I also took pictures of the 3rd spacing tag, it does run the width of the tongue and does not stop a little short on either side. Its so crazy now a days I mean fakes are getting literally 1:1 indistinguishable. Its frustrating because if you cant get at retail, you can always go to a Flight Club, Stadium Goods, Goat, Stock X etc. but what is their authentication process? Just find pics online and compare? Do they have a high quality fake to compare hand in hand cause no way anyone working at those places knows every single flaw that every real sneaker shouldn't have? And even if they have a fake to compare with, how do you know its not an outdated high quality and an even better one is out there? Seeing this sneaker get made again 7 years later with the flaws being fixed each fake release and even coming with a fake receipt, uggggggg.
I looked over them again and checked them against mine and they look legit to me man. Everything seems to be in the correct place and looks good. I'm going to say these are legit.

Thanks for doing that Greg. You said you are pretty decisive on authenticating 11's but these ones had you a bit stuck until you checked your own pair. What were some of the things you spotted that made you feel unsure? I mostly provided pictures of the left shoe because that was the one that worried me more due to the ball not lining up with the 23 even though I've heard some say they have seen real pairs with it not lining up. This was the first time i saw it though on a pair I owned that was said to be authentic, plus that back soft tab where the 23 is on the left shoe looked a little off and not shaped like the right shoe. I will give it a few days to see if anyone else chimes in and then I will let you know where I got these. With every shoe I get that I couldn't score straight from a legit retail on release day, even if I get it from a "legit" sneaker co-signment or resell store that guarantees authenticity and does legit checks, I always still put them up on niketalk for a double check as well. Its like what makes these places' legit check more fool proof than others and what are their methods that they can guarantee 100% authenticity on their sites? Getting as many checks from other sources helps me feel a bit better and peace of mind. Every year better fakes are made even for a shoe as old as this one, and with fakes becoming close to 1:1 good and indistinguishable nowadays, its getting scary to the point you think even the most knowledgeable sneaker head or store can get duped and their legit check comparisons with fakes are outdated.

Thanks for doing that Greg. You said you are pretty decisive on authenticating 11's but these ones had you a bit stuck until you checked your own pair. What were some of the things you spotted that made you feel unsure? I mostly provided pictures of the left shoe because that was the one that worried me more due to the ball not lining up with the 23 even though I've heard some say they have seen real pairs with it not lining up. This was the first time i saw it though on a pair I owned that was said to be authentic, plus that back soft tab where the 23 is on the left shoe looked a little off and not shaped like the right shoe. I will give it a few days to see if anyone else chimes in and then I will let you know where I got these. With every shoe I get that I couldn't score straight from a legit retail on release day, even if I get it from a "legit" sneaker co-signment or resell store that guarantees authenticity and does legit checks, I always still put them up on niketalk for a double check as well. Its like what makes these places' legit check more fool proof than others and what are their methods that they can guarantee 100% authenticity on their sites? Getting as many checks from other sources helps me feel a bit better and peace of mind. Every year better fakes are made even for a shoe as old as this one, and with fakes becoming close to 1:1 good and indistinguishable nowadays, its getting scary to the point you think even the most knowledgeable sneaker head or store can get duped and their legit check comparisons with fakes are outdated.
Seeing the backs of the outsole not looking as pointed as I'm used to seeing and you stating that the 3rd spacing tag running end to end on the tongue had me 2nd guessing it. Now I do know that factory defects passing QC is an actual thing and does happen which makes it a little harder authenticating shoes, especially older ones. I did see the other reply you got and I honestly didn't notice the little peak near the toe box of the left shoe and while the back of the midsole does appear rounded, I've seen legit 11's look super rounded depending on the angle of the photo. A lot did look good to me though like the materials, carbon fiber, lace strap positions and jumpman. Now all that being said photos can be deceiving. It's tough to know for sure if you can't put your hands on it. Carbon fiber looks good but does it feel right ? as well as the outsole and mesh. Stuff like that. My 11's came from Sole Supremacy and my 3rd spacing tag stops just short of the outside edges of the tongue.

As far as other places doing legit checks and what makes them know better than someone else, I typically want to know how long they've been in the game because time in the game and seeing shoe after shoe and being exposed to the shoe community year after year you end up seeing & learning a ton. I have 1 guy like this that I can go to if I need to. He has a staff of 3 that specialize in specific shoes and have general knowledge on everything else. But as you said, even the most knowledgeable sneaker head can be duped considering how good fakes are these days.

1st off, thanks for your input pmpdaddy. 2nd, Greg apologies on the comment about the tag going the width of the tongue, I misinterpreted what you were saying. I unlaced and pulled them out to check and yes they do not go all the way to the side they stop short as you stated. 3rd, I am glad you mentioned you got yours from Sole Supremacy, because now that I got a comment from pmpdaddy saying he doesn't like em, I now want to state that I also got these from Sole Supremacy. I actually have 2 pairs from Sole Supremacy so here is the story: I bought one pair a few months ago but the left shoe had a glue stain on the patent leather and i tried cleaning that up but ended up making it worse with a smear that won't come off. I decided to then make that pair my wear pair but still wanted a deadstock one to keep in perfect condition. So Sole Supremacy had another one up and i got those that arrived this past week which are the ones I am legit checking on this forum. I compared both of them together and felt this recent pair was off hence why I made this thread and wanted a second opinion from the Niketalk members.

Last thing, I have provided pictures addressing both of you guys' concerns. The first picture is the jumpman jordan label not going the whole width of the tongue. Also for pmpdaddy, I put up both left shoes of the pairs I have to address of the rounded back midsole. The shoe on the left is the one I'm legit checking which has the ball and 23 not lining up. The shoe next to it on the right is the other pair which i thought was legit. I am not really good with the whole rounded back midsole flaw but I can kinda see they are a little different. Also I took pictures of both left shoes near the toe and both have a widow peak. And both boxes with proof they are from Sole Supremacy with their sticker on it, the left box belonging to the legit check pair, the right box the pair I messed up cleaning the glue stain and though was legit that I didn't get a 2nd opinion on. I know Sole Supremacy buys collections so I am not sure where the left one came from since the other box has a champs sticker on it. Are you guys also familiar with the glue smell test? Apparently they say no matter how good a fake is, one thing that is full proof is the smell of the shoe cause they fakes never use the same glue. Well I smelled both of em and the pair i am having legit checked didn't really have much of a smell and the right one did have a unique smell to em.

Thanks guys for being a big help.

Attachments

• 20190316_180125.jpg
    20190316_180125.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190316_182420.jpg
    20190316_182420.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20190316_182444.jpg
    20190316_182444.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190316_182539.jpg