Jordan 11 Low Snakeskin - April 19th 2019

:emoji_snake::emoji_snake:

c209acb4-a558-4d3f-a7fc-1daadcb8dae1-jpeg.2419810

7525207f-5bc3-46e4-9bd6-0b833bd3cdb8-jpeg.2419811

https://www.instagram.com/s0lefuldud3/

Saw these in Riverhead Long Island Tanger outlets this past weekend. I think they still wanted $185 I wasn't too concerned or on them like that to check out the price.

Also not sure on sizing that outlet really didn't have squat there and I was just looking for the Black Vapormax 3 for my girl.

Forgot I had these until I saw this thread.....alot of people pooped on em but broke wifey neck when I pulled em out :emoji_grimacing:

Do you own a Porsche? I was considering buying a used one as a weekend car since maintenance is far too expensive to use it as a daily driver.
I do but that’s not why I’m out here. It’s work-related.
If you get a good car that’s been maintained properly, it’s really not that insanely expensive as long as you find a good independent shop and don’t go to a Porsche dealer. Yeah it’s more than a Camry but it really isn’t what a lot of people seem to think.

I do but that’s not why I’m out here. It’s work-related.
If you get a good car that’s been maintained properly, it’s really not that insanely expensive as long as you find a good independent shop and don’t go to a Porsche dealer. Yeah it’s more than a Camry but it really isn’t what a lot of people seem to think.

Would this be the case even with a used 911, for example? I was looking at a Cayman, which is obviously far more common but a mid-late 1990s 911 is one of my dream cars haha

I find these snakeskins to be more comfortable with no break in time compared to the traditional patent leather 11s where the patent leather is stiff and needs to be worn several times for them to feel better on feet.

Would this be the case even with a used 911, for example? I was looking at a Cayman, which is obviously far more common but a mid-late 1990s 911 is one of my dream cars haha

Do you own a Porsche? I was considering buying a used one as a weekend car since maintenance is far too expensive to use it as a daily driver.

most of these dealer routine maintenance services are a joke, all the luxury car manufacturers are going to tell you need to go to their dealers and spend xyz amounts of money every so many miles but most of it is a scam and most of the people that drive these type of cars cant or don't want to do their own work. most of the maintenance is basic normal maintenance. with minimal knowledge, anyone can do it saving yourself thousands. the only catch is some require the high-cost maintenance to keep the warranties valid. a car is a car no matter how much it costs the routine maintenance is all the same . just like some guys will send shoes off to have someone reglue or sole swap or even ice their soles but we all know if you know what your doing it doesn't cost much at all.

most of these dealer routine maintenance services are a joke, all the luxury car manufacturers are going to tell you need to go to their dealers and spend xyz amounts of money every so many miles but most of it is a scam and most of the people that drive these type of cars cant or don't want to do their own work. most of the maintenance is basic normal maintenance. with minimal knowledge, anyone can do it saving yourself thousands. the only catch is some require the high-cost maintenance to keep the warranties valid. a car is a car no matter how much it costs the routine maintenance is all the same . just like some guys will send shoes off to have someone reglue or sole swap or even ice their soles but we all know if you know what your doing it doesn't cost much at all.

This might be true with lower end luxury cars but is it the case with high end ones like 911s that are designed differently? rainking mentioned how the old 911s are designed to be air cooled, for example.

The main thing about the dealers is that their per-hour rate and the amount of time they bill for a given job is what really gets you, more so than the cost of parts. A co-worker of mine took his 911 to the dealer down the street from our office for a new battery. I think they hit him for $500-plus. He could have gone to Auto Zone, paid $160, and put it in himself in 10 minutes. My independent charges $160/hour. The dealer is almost $100 an hour more. That **** adds up QUICK when you need service.

This might be true with lower end luxury cars but is it the case with high end ones like 911s that are designed differently? rainking mentioned how the old 911s are designed to be air cooled, for example.
It's no different--IF you know what you are doing. But really, the same point above applies to the older cars: find a good non-dealer for service.

I agree dealerships are definitely overpriced
You also gotta be careful even with independent shops
I took my bro’s car to a chain tire shop cuz his tire was leaking
Service guy showed me it was leaking from the tire valve and said he can’t just replace it without putting in a new tire pressure sensor which was gonna cost around $150
I said no thank you and took it to garage where I normally get all my work done and they fixed it for $5

I agree dealerships are definitely overpriced
You also gotta be careful even with independent shops
I took my bro’s car to a chain tire shop cuz his tire was leaking
Service guy showed me it was leaking from the tire valve and said he can’t just replace it without putting in a new tire pressure sensor which was gonna cost around $150
I said no thank you and took it to garage where I normally get all my work done and they fixed it for $5
Definitely. But when I say "independent" in the context of this topic, I'm talking about finding a reputable Porsche mechanic/shop and starting a relationship with him/her/it. Not just any old shop on the street that you pop into randomly with a random problem you need fixed. The good ones build their business through reputation and fair service and prices, it's the only way they last and maintain their clientele.

The main thing about the dealers is that their per-hour rate and the amount of time they bill for a given job is what really gets you, more so than the cost of parts. A co-worker of mine took his 911 to the dealer down the street from our office for a new battery. I think they hit him for $500-plus. He could have gone to Auto Zone, paid $160, and put it in himself in 10 minutes. My independent charges $160/hour. The dealer is almost $100 an hour more. That **** adds up QUICK when you need service.

It's no different--IF you know what you are doing. But really, the same point above applies to the older cars: find a good non-dealer for service.

Yeah I was speaking more to more complicated issues (I.e. engine-related ones) than simple maintenance like changing out the battery or changing oil, fluids, etc. I’m sure the cost of aftermarket parts on older, rarer vehicles also comes with a higher price tag but, to your point, if you have the knowledge to perform this kind of maintenance, you save yourself tons of money on seeing an auto mechanic to do so. I’m sure there is tons of info on the Internet written by auto-enthusiasts to address any of these issues though, it’s just about being able to correctly do this kind of work yourself.

Back
Top Bottom