Jordan 11 Space Jam (Legit vs So called Grey Markets)

This is to continue my previous story of buying a grey market pair of Space Jam from Ebay. When I realised my shoes are with blue tinted soles when they arrived, I got so mad that I went and bought another pair of "authentic" Space Jams from a store next to my area today.

I decided to do a quick comparison before I return the fake pair and show you guys the major differences between the two pairs. Both pairs are deadstock as claimed by the seller. (Hopefully the new pair is legitimate... Please do a LC for me guys!)

(Up is GM, down is "Legit")

The box is different especially the 23. The feel of it is very different indeed.

(Left is GM, Right is "Legit")

There was no retail price on the authentic one..

(Up is GM, down is "Legit")

The color is different..

(Left is "Legit", Right is GM)

The soles are quite obvious...

The date for the legit one is 11/13/09... Im not sure if thats the correct date..

Intensive yellowing even the shoes were deadstock.

As I said, please help me LC the one that i just bought.

Hope this clear things up for those who are still confused.

On the pic with the rear of the shoe. The heel points the one on the " legit " pair the point looks really off center. Also check the upc on the tag and make sure it matches the box upc number.

On the pic with the rear of the shoe. The heel points the one on the " legit " pair the point looks really off center. Also check the upc on the tag and make sure it matches the box upc number.
Checked bro. both upc number matches. It may be the Poor QC of Nike.. I dont know... lol

Hopefully i didnt get another fake pair.

Checked bro. both upc number matches. It may be the Poor QC of Nike.. I dont know... lol
Hopefully i didnt get another fake pair.

Okay bro just makin sure. But the GM pair aren't fake just just not authorized but they have the real materials and just a blue tinted sole after them soles on the GM pair yellowed you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

Okay bro just makin sure. But the GM pair aren't fake just just not authorized but they have the real materials and just a blue tinted sole after them soles on the GM pair yellowed you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
Mines a lil off cus of the parallel line from the inside.. again, no body could tell.. But the price i paid for the GM is exactly the same as the authentic one.. so why not keep the retail one instead.

Damn the GM ones look better than the "legit" ones.

thats because mold and material wise they are better.

the proof is in the pudding, people laughed at me when i mentioned that in the GM thread but they def do look and feel better than the real ones from 09.

Mines a lil off cus of the parallel line from the inside.. again, no body could tell.. But the price i paid for the GM is exactly the same as the authentic one.. so why not keep the retail one instead.

Yea I understand what you are sayin. It's all good though at least you got a retail pair.

i  know different people got different thoughts, but for me i don't take GM as fake as long as they use real materials and the mold.

anyway, just get what makes you comfortable.

thats because mold and material wise they are better.

the proof is in the pudding, people laughed at me when i mentioned that in the GM thread but they def do look and feel better than the real ones from 09.
Word, if those are really "fake" and they look like that then I'd rather have the GM ones

Honestly the GM pair overall shape looks better....to me the differences in the box isn't enough for me to overlook JB's poor quality control....GMs are starting to look better and better....if they fixed the price on GMs everyone will be copping eventually. personally I would the retail ones back might as well enjoy that Icey sole and break some necks. Take it from me I believe my breds are grey market and they are a lot more comfortable than my silver anniversarys

Im curious ,if the grey market are legit why the blue tint on the sole ? why are the boxes different ? Why are the blue covers a different color ? Why is the patent leather cut higher ? why are the inserts different ?

After seeing the grey market royals which should be a easy shoe to duplicate im starting to think this whole grey market is bs and there just high quality fakes .

Last edited:
Im curious ,if the grey market are legit why the blue tint on the sole ? why are the boxes different ? Why are the blue covers a different color ? Why is the patent leather cut higher ? why are the inserts different ?

After seeing the grey market royals which should be a easy shoe to duplicate im starting to think this whole grey market is bs and there just high quality fakes .
The box is no part of the shoe so it's laughable to call a shoe "fake" because of the color of the box. The clear soles doesn't automatically make the shoe fake and side by side I fail to see any difference between the shoes (other than the usual baby piss on the bottom).

The box is no part of the shoe so it's laughable to call a shoe "fake" because of the color of the box. The clear soles doesn't automatically make the shoe fake and side by side I fail to see any difference between the shoes (other than the usual baby piss on the bottom).
I don't think there fake because of the box ,but if there 3rd shift made  from same materials shouldn't they be identical why the blue tinted soles ? why does the the legit pair have 2 blue lines on the inside tag and the grey market have white lines ?

Last edited:
I don't think there fake because of the box ,but if there 3rd shift made  from same materials shouldn't they be identical why the blue tinted soles ? why does the the legit pair have 2 blue lines on the inside tag and the grey market have white lines ?
That's the golden question. Maybe restocks, maybe unauthorized, maybe Nike made them and didn't want to flood the market so they created this so called GM market, who knows. But at the end of the day they "GM" pair look great and are made with the exact same material. Anyone who denies that is just pissed because theirs don't look as good as they should and are turning yellow. If the 11's never turned yellow, there would never have been a GM discussion....... ever.

As far as everything being identical, we are talking about Nike here. Me and my brother both bought Lebron's EXT Mint's and mine are fresh, and his look like they were made in Iran. 

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of GM 11's, but you need a keen eye to see the differences. The material used on GM pairs are more durable. I would rather get GM jams over the real ones. Simply because they're not fake, but they aren't completely authorized. They're more comfortable on feet, and they can last longer.

I've seen a couple of GM 11's, but you need a keen eye to see the differences. The material used on GM pairs are more durable. I would rather get GM jams over the real ones. Simply because they're not fake, but they aren't completely authorized. They're more comfortable on feet, and they can last longer.
The materials can probably last longer because they're more synthetic/cheaper than the authentic materials. I have a pair of GM Space Jams, and the "leather" on them is definitely stiffer/cheaper than an authentic pair. The other thing I'm pretty sure of now is that while GM pairs might have had the same materials in the past, that is not the case on a lot of shoes coming out now (particularly ones with leather uppers, not nubuck). I just copped a pair of Authentic Bred 1s and compared them to my GM pair, and it's a night and day difference in leather quality. You can't really tell from pics that the leather is different, other than the shade of red being different, but trust me, it's noticeable in hand. Same thing goes for my GM "Black Cement" 3s, when compared to my 5 pairs of Authentic 3s; the leather feels much cheaper.

I used to be all for buying GM pairs, so long as the quality was identical to what you would get from an Authorized pair, but that is clearly not the case anymore. Thankfully I only have 3 or 4 GM pairs, all of which I now have to replace. I won't say that it's impossible for you to get a GM pair that is identical to an authorized/authentic pair, but I'm guessing the chances are slim at best, and I don't think it's worth it anymore to take that risk, especially when you can't just go back to Nikestore down the street and return them. That's just my opinion though.

Listen just heads up any space with blue icy sole is fake yes there made in the same factories as authentic jordans but are authorized by markets in countries where these factories are. They do this because they know they'll make money getting idiots to buy them. A lot of new York la and etc sneaker stores bought these thinking there legit and alot of people bought them because of the hype.

Back
Top Bottom