Jordan 13 “Class of ‘02” (Melo) - September 15, 2018

It all speaks to how Nike/Jordan is so hellbent on moving its annual fiscal sales numbers. Things that shouldn't be an issue in manufacturing in 2018 end up being an issue. Bleeding issues (they've had them before, and it was stupid then) should be so sorted out by now, it's pathetic.

Then again, I'd be lying if I said there isn't a tiny part of my cynical brain that wonders if they didn't pull these on purpose because they knew they were going to flop. Now it's suddenly a sought-after shoe? StockX prices spiking? Damn, people are stupid as ****. Limited or hard to get equals: LET ME PAY HUGE FOR THEM! NO ONE HAS THESE YO! Effing sad. It was a crap shoe in the first place, manufacturing issues or not. The way they decided to make them with that whacked out upper if nothing else. But Nike/JB and that greed does them in on certain releases. They ruin shoes people have previously waited for so they can save a couple bucks on each pair. I get that across, say, 500K pairs, they save a million or more on the balance sheet. But for a multi-billon-dollar revenue company, is it worth degrading some of your core legacy product? In the long run? Seems nuts to me.

Last edited:
It all speaks to how Nike/Jordan is so hellbent on moving its annual fiscal sales numbers. Things that shouldn't be an issue in manufacturing in 2018 end up being an issue. Bleeding issues (they've had them before, and it was stupid then) should be so sorted out by now, it's pathetic.

Then again, I'd be lying if I said there isn't a tiny part of my cynical brain that wonders if they didn't pull these on purpose because they knew they were going to flop. Now it's suddenly a sought-after shoe? StockX prices spiking? Damn, people are stupid as ****. Limited or hard to get equals: LET ME PAY HUGE FOR THEM! NO ONE HAS THESE YO! Effing sad. It was a crap shoe in the first place, manufacturing issues or not. The way they decided to make them with that whacked out upper if nothing else. But Nike/JB and that greed does them in on certain releases. They ruin shoes people have previously waited for so they can save a couple bucks on each pair. I get that across, say, 500K pairs, they save a million or more on the balance sheet. But for a multi-billon-dollar revenue company, is it worth degrading some of your core legacy product? In the long run? Seems nuts to me.

I know what you're saying: It's all Gentry's fault!

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-1.jpg

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-5.jpg

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-6.jpg

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-3.jpg

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-4.jpg

air-jordan-13-carmelo-anthony-oak-hill-academy-graduation-2.jpg

First seen back in 2005 when Melo was still with the Nuggets in the mile high city, the shoe was referenced as an “away” edition that, for all intents, wasn’t something Anthony actually wore on-court. But that hasn’t stopped PE enthusiast from drooling over this lush black and yellow exclusive for over a decade now.

RELEASE DATE: 9/15/18

The latest images show a side panel made of what looks to be a nylon material compared to the mesh we saw a few years ago when rumors surfaced...

6F5B781E-32FC-4485-A076-1FB3D89A6977.jpeg
877F6AED-D56C-4730-9A94-9BF8D714EECA.jpeg

Thoughts?

confirmed
I do like these kicks. I just got my first pair of Jordans this year.

I like these kicks well designed and the color scheme is nice. I just brought my first pair of Jordan's this year, despite being a fan for many... I'm just late to the party...

just wanted to share the obvious...
just got the second refund from stockx for my order of the 13 melo size 13us...

anyone knows if there is any store that still hold up their stock? or everyone sent it back to nike ?

stockx just approved my new bid of size 8.5us 301$ (for a friend, i think it's too much)
but it will be interesting to see if this one wil go through...
the lowest ask was 400$ then it was down to 380$
then i put 301$
and after 1 day it was accepted...
we will see

Back
Top Bottom