Air Jordan 38

1713664678238.png

I have tried to hoop in my FIBAs several times but always switched at a timeout or halftime to a more trusted shoe. For me it’s the heel lockdown, but maybe I just need to wear some thicker elite socks. They just done feel right and somewhat clunky. The 37 is better but that upper material sucks and scrunches up too much. They have been my go to shoes for the past couple years though. JB needs to step it up for the 39… I just want a great all around shoe like the 28’s again. Wish we could get a retro of the 28 SE Christmas. That were a perfect shoe.
do you have the lows? because those have way better fit than the mids. lows are snug. but yeah, it would help to wear really thick socks for the mids.

This model is extremely ugly to me. Extremely. Worst looking Jordan in quite some time.

I still have multiple pairs of 34s deadstock. I have a pair of Zion 35s DS and a couple 36 lows DS. Didn't like the 37s( (looks/cushion set up) and heard about them splitting. With that being said, JB did a really good job with 34-36. Talk about a huge step backwards with the 38.

Who is the guy who sold all of his 34s for these monstrosities?! Rainking? Either way, what a crazy decision. I remember that individual was so gung ho on the 34s... then he saw THESE and sold his 34s? Insane. Yellowing can be fixed easily, but my DS pairs of Chicago's still haven't yellowed.
the 37s are better looking than these? in what way?

do you have the lows? because those have way better fit than the mids. lows are snug. but yeah, it would help to wear really thick socks for the mids.
Nah, I just have the mids. When I first put them on, I was like wow big improvement from the 37, but then as I tried to play in them they didn’t give me the fit I like. I might give them a shot with thicker socks.

the 37s are better looking than these? in what way?
Very subjective topic with no right or wrong answer. A lot of shoes I think are great looking, other people think are ugly and vice versa. Technically, neither side is wrong. I personally really like the way the 37’s look. I got the Hares and the Raptors colorways. I understand why others wouldn’t like them, but they look great to me.

Very subjective topic with no right or wrong answer. A lot of shoes I think are great looking, other people think are ugly and vice versa. Technically, neither side is wrong. I personally really like the way the 37’s look. I got the Hares and the Raptors colorways. I understand why others wouldn’t like them, but they look great to me.
thanks for clarifying that up.

This model is extremely ugly to me. Extremely. Worst looking Jordan in quite some time.

I still have multiple pairs of 34s deadstock. I have a pair of Zion 35s DS and a couple 36 lows DS. Didn't like the 37s( (looks/cushion set up) and heard about them splitting. With that being said, JB did a really good job with 34-36. Talk about a huge step backwards with the 38.

Who is the guy who sold all of his 34s for these monstrosities?! Rainking? Either way, what a crazy decision. I remember that individual was so gung ho on the 34s... then he saw THESE and sold his 34s? Insane. Yellowing can be fixed easily, but my DS pairs of Chicago's still haven't yellowed.

:rofl:
Crazy? Not to me. The 38 is a killer-looking design that would be a lot more popular if JB didn’t jerk us off with the colorways. But since white/black/red tends to be my favorite colorway, anyway, I still LOVE the Fundamentals. Calling the 38 ugly or monstrosities makes zero sense to me. It’s an incredibly simple, clean design with good proportions and colorblocking possibilities. It easily could’ve been a design that released the the late ‘90s or early 2000s. The 35s sucked. The 36 is reasonable.
I only had one pair of 34s and yes, I sold it. Haven’t missed it, and only liked the Chicago colorway. Your DS pair hasn’t yellowed because it’s DS. I wore mine around the house and they began to yellow just from that. Plus I finally got and remain beyond tired of all those shoes made out of plastic uppers.
To each their own.

:rofl:
Crazy? Not to me. The 38 is a killer-looking design that would be a lot more popular if JB didn’t jerk us off with the colorways. But since white/black/red tends to be my favorite colorway, anyway, I still LOVE the Fundamentals. Calling the 38 ugly or monstrosities makes zero sense to me. It’s an incredibly simple, clean design with good proportions and colorblocking possibilities. It easily could’ve been a design that released the the late ‘90s or early 2000s. The 35s sucked. The 36 is reasonable.
I only had one pair of 34s and yes, I sold it. Haven’t missed it, and only liked the Chicago colorway. Your DS pair hasn’t yellowed because it’s DS. I wore mine around the house and they began to yellow just from that. Plus I finally got and remain beyond tired of all those shoes made out of plastic uppers.
To each their own.
I prefer the 38s over the 34s as well. not saying that the 34s are ugly but rather saying that the 38s have tons of potential with colorblocking, design and material upgrades for PE/SE releases which never came for GR. atleast the 34s have one which I have and the reason why I love the 34s.

Back
Top Bottom