Air Jordan 38

Wonder how this would look the black and the grey flipped..
1683323167787.jpeg

1683323229140.jpeg

The 2009s, albeit weird looking, are quite pleasant, in retrospect.
I always thought the 2009 had mad potential. Had wished they blocked a pair as a black-toe colorway. I looked at the white pair multiple times in stores when they were out and later regretted not getting a pair. The silly weird heel design is what always stopped me.

I honestly think they will do the red Jumpman, with the circle done in the purple aquatone and grey that will tie it to the original Aqua colorway, as for the shoe black on black , the silver section will likely be what they called grey, in the bottom instead of the siren red, I believe they will go purple, and around the mud guard/ missile they will go with Aquatone and purple accents , as well as all the test on the shoe being purple

I always thought the 2009 had mad potential. Had wished they blocked a pair as a black-toe colorway. I looked at the white pair multiple times in stores when they were out and later regretted not getting a pair. The silly weird heel design is what always stopped me.
yup me to. Came across a pair at Ross for $69 once and still passed on em lol

I honestly think they will do the red Jumpman, with the circle done in the purple aquatone and grey that will tie it to the original Aqua colorway, as for the shoe black on black , the silver section will likely be what they called grey, in the bottom instead of the siren red, I believe they will go purple, and around the mud guard/ missile they will go with Aquatone and purple accents , as well as all the test on the shoe being purple
1683344910928.jpeg

yup me to. Came across a pair at Ross for $69 once and still passed on em lol
Actually, the more I look at it and the more I realize this heel embodies the Jordan "prestige", i.e. the fact they're always going above and beyond in terms of technology to justify charging ≈200 dollars a shoe. Also its sharpness blends well with the kryptonite fragment on the collar, I think.

Actually, the more I look at it and the more I realize this heel embodies the Jordan "prestige", i.e. the fact they're always going above and beyond in terms of technology to justify charging ≈200 dollars a shoe. Also its sharpness blends well with the kryptonite fragment on the collar, I think.

I have never understood how they didn’t release that pair or something similar. Weird heel would’ve been whatever to me on those and would’ve bought immediately.

Thought these may have had potential but the more i view these the more hideous they looking
I really like them but I kinda regret how monotonous basketball sneakers have been for the past 15 years or so. It's always the same knit, always the same flat-ish out and midsoles (except for the zoom freaks, they be curvy), and overall it seems like a giant game of "spot the differences".
I guess it's a performance related issue and I'm well aware there's quite a lot of dishonesty in my claim, but it still feels that way : looking at the Cosmic Unities, Kyries, PGs, KDs, etc is taking a dive into an ocean of shoes out of the same mold, with some tweaks. Even highly appealing stuff such as the Air Zoom GT Cut shows this cookie-cutter approach to design imo.
Early Jordans, for instance, felt organically different from one another. There's no way you'd mistake a 5 for a 9, or a 12 for a 14. Same goes with the Force and Flight flagship pairs. Semi-rant over.

Also rainking rainking I'm with you on the black/red/white 2009s. Instant cop.

That heel was super ugly. I want to forget about the AJ 2009. I will say this, I do remember that the designer of the shoe had his hands tied by Jordan Brand. It wasn’t his complete vision of the sneaker and what he wanted to release.

That heel was super ugly. I want to forget about the AJ 2009. I will say this, I do remember that the designer of the shoe had his hands tied by Jordan Brand. It wasn’t his complete vision of the sneaker and what he wanted to release.
Really? I think they went ultra premium with the shoe’s material, which was why they limited the quantity and colorways. I recall when explaining the number change it was their idea to turn the ‘game shoe’ into something more sacred and rarely seen on select athletes. I wonder what was left on the table.

Back
Top Bottom