Jordan 5 Oregon: Too Good To Be True?

Hey NT, been looking for a legit pair of Oregon 5's sz 9-11 for around 3k for a while now and came across the ebay listing. I know, I know, but this guy has 100% positive feedback from over 700 buyers going back as far as 1999! The shoes are a sz 10 and look great for being around 3.1k plus shipping, no obvious signs of fakes, but they are creased from what he says is from "a player trying them on" but idk. I'm not very good with telling real contours and shades from fakes so if you all could help that would be great!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

These are real unreleased samples.

Shoes are definitely DS (unworn). The wear and creasing is from handling (probably were on display or being looked at by people on campus).

The sizing tag should say "Promo Sample" without seeing that you cannot be certain. Based on the real ones they match all the signs of authentic aside from the tag.

Honestly man I'm not liking this pair. I think they are doctored fakes. I believe someone has cut off the widows peaks and creased or worn the shoes to make them appear legit.
Things jumping out at me are the asking price, texture of the upper material, and issues with the placement, colors and Puddles logo itself. The size of the heel panel and general shape of the silhouette.
Also the tongues not laying right could be quality issues or possibly seller trying to hide the "O" logos shape.

Legit pair: https://www.flightclub.com/media/ca...ks-apple-green-yellow-strike-blk-012248_4.jpg

Notice the color differences, the actual placement of the logo on the back panel as well as the design of the logo. Specifically where the bump is where the L eye would be, notice how it meets the top of the bill - then compare to the pair in question. That's not the same logo.

One thing to keep in mind with releases like this is random people will not have legit pairs, regardless of feedback etc. ONLY I repeat ONLY buy kicks this rare from very reliable sources. Also finding a "deal" is pretty much non existent. You will spend 5-6k on a pair, they will have been worn at least once - creases are actually a good sign on these. With what I'm seeing, I would advise you to pass on this pair...I have included a link to comparable bootleg pairs that I usually see passed off as legit. Hope this helps and I got to you in time.

HQ Fakes:

Honestly man I'm not liking this pair. I think they are doctored fakes. I believe someone has cut off the widows peaks and creased or worn the shoes to make them appear legit.
Things jumping out at me are the asking price, texture of the upper material, and issues with the placement, colors and Puddles logo itself. The size of the heel panel and general shape of the silhouette.
Also the tongues not laying right could be quality issues or possibly seller trying to hide the "O" logos shape.

Legit pair: https://www.flightclub.com/media/ca...ks-apple-green-yellow-strike-blk-012248_4.jpg

Notice the color differences, the actual placement of the logo on the back panel as well as the design of the logo. Specifically where the bump is where the L eye would be, notice how it meets the top of the bill - then compare to the pair in question. That's not the same logo.

One thing to keep in mind with releases like this is random people will not have legit pairs, regardless of feedback etc. ONLY I repeat ONLY buy kicks this rare from very reliable sources. Also finding a "deal" is pretty much non existent. You will spend 5-6k on a pair, they will have been worn at least once - creases are actually a good sign on these. With what I'm seeing, I would advise you to pass on this pair...I have included a link to comparable bootleg pairs that I usually see passed off as legit. Hope this helps and I got to you in time.

HQ Fakes:

You're a life saver man! I haven't bought them yet and now I won't. Thanks so much for saving me 3k on fakes lol! My dream is to one day find some sort of shoe size chart from the team from back then so I can know how many size 9-11's are even out there if any lol bc CFB players have some big feet just look at the Michigan 5 PE's sizes lol. But that's prob not gonna happen so I'll just move on to another, more attainable pair; my Tokyo 5's are a good enough grail for me to have rn anyways. But thanks so much for your help and have a great day!!

No problem buddy..I was frantically typing like "man I hope I can get to him soon enough". Hahaha. Keep in mind with sizes not just the team got them. Some were also seeded to celebrities etc. With kicks like so there were probably only around 250 pairs or so produced. That's just my best guess, I don't think an official number was ever released.. Most random people who have them have these HQ fakes. They are close, but no cigar. Glad it worked out for you. If you come across another pair shoot me a pm. Take care out there.

Back
Top Bottom