Jordan Brand Contest - THE NT-SHIRT WINNER: Mossified842345

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure that there will be an Air Jordan Line. I think, maybe for the better, Nike should slowly kill the Jordan Line off. They need LeBron to be the go to guy. As much as I love Jordans, I will never cop a retro + ever aain. I want OG colors. What I think Nike SHOULD do, is maybe around 2012(after the Olympics) stop releasing Jordan models. In 2017, they should start releasing one colorway of each model every six months. This would work out for the older guys who grew up on Earlier modeled Jordans and the newer guys who grew up with later models(maybe after MJ retired). They will have nostalgic memories in their favorite models.

I hate retro +'s and this whole countdown idea is ok i guess. I'm getting really tired of the shoe game as of late. Jordans and Sb's are getting played out quickly. Too many people are sneakerheads.

I don't think we will ever see a Jordan ID. If we do, I think probably on the XX3 or a team shoe, never on one 1-18 though.
Team Chi-Town
Home of Blackiceblaze, easy3000,Flipmode11, Flip Jayz, slpproduct,THE SHOE FACTORY and joser84​

My best answer to where Jordan Brand will end up in 10 years will be unimaginable.
Jordan Brand in 10 years will mostly concentrated on what kids and teenagers will like in a decade. Where will we be? We will all be grown ups reminiscing on the past when Jordan Brand use to attract everyone, from a rookie to a veteran. In my opinion, Jordan Brand will never have the same touch as it once had. We are already in disgust on what Jordan Brand are putting out, ruining classic shoes we once loved as a child. Jordan Brand in 10 years will try their hardest to be the Jordan Brand they once were. A shame really. I'm pretty sure they will want to run back to Nike and try to resurrect the company.
All the retro Ideas have been in use, unless Jordan Brand passes 23 and keeps putting out shoes (highly doubt it). The new retros are not like the old retros, the material they use are very cheap. In 10 years Jordan Brand will try and put retros out with Original Material just to keep the Brand alive and make everyone keep buying the retros.
Carmelo Anthony will not keep the brand alive. He is not Michael Jordan and at the moment he is not a very catchy player. Michael Jordan has done everything in the NBA. There will be no other player that will carry the torch like Mike has.

I'm dizzy
WESTCOAST NOR-CAL SAN FRANCISCAN

Honestly, I see Jordan Brand exactly where it is today in 10 years. Right now, the "Jordan Signature" shoe for the young athletes seems to be like a great idea to continue to brand, and I see no reason at all for Jordan Brand to stop getting these young superstars to be a part of the brand. Everyone knows Jordan is out of the game and is a behind the scenes guy these days and that the Air Jordan has pretty much had it's run. Team Shoes and Signature shoes will be the thing that keeps the brand alive and fresh, while the L'style clothing and shoes will be dead. The future is the youth of the league. The future...is now. :lol:
laugh.gif
s l a s h a n d b u r n

Quote:
I'd like to read your answer, but I'm not giving you another shirt for it.
:lol:
laugh.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

In 10 years, I see Jordan Brand continuing retroes and new colorways, but also limiting them so they will be harder to obtain. Also, they will sponsor more athletes not only in basketball, but football, baseball, and possibly other sports such as hockey, golf, etc. Team Jordans will also be manufactured to appeal to the crowd who still play basketball in Jordans, and they will also design shoes for other purposes, particularly casual and dressy-looking shoes. Last but not least, they will also expand their women's line of both clothing and shoes... just my 2 cents :pimp:
pimp.gif
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

i see jordan brand, not doing big things. in 2 years jb wont be much, so, i bet u they are gunna start too retro shoes like crazy. spacejams, breds, infrareds, hares all the most sought off js that people want now. they are gunna do this beacuse they are going down in cash. after that there will be notmuch hype about jordans. i think jb will still be selling shoes but only team js and not that many.
i work at footaction i c that almost ever team shoe goes on sale. so jb wont be that brand anymore. like they have been. theyll.
theyll focus on the melos and cp of the nba and try too build off of them,and try to get their company back too wat it once was, but its not gunna happen beacuse the new generation of kids are not going too have an idea of who the hell jordan is and wat jordan brand was.
Team PICS?
where the PICS?​

Simple and straight to the point with this answer.

Jordan was/is a competitor so he will look to every athlete on the JB line to compete and become the best. Whoever can prove time and time again that they are indeed the best at what they do will become the new flagship of JB and carry the name like a Legend.

Retros will be rare/exclusive
Teams will continue
Sports equipment will be introduced.

Searching for AJ II,VIII,IX,XII,XVI all size 13-13.5

What is retail on the shirts.
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

Honestly, it will depend on who's heading Brand Jordan 10 years from now, If Gentry's still in charge, we'll see more Jordan hybrids, AJ Fusions and Team Jordans flooding the market. Retros will be limited and harder to obtain, expect to see more over price packs like (i.e. thunder/lightning, Spiz'ike & Messenger). I don't think alot is going to change if Gentry's still heading Brand Jordan.

Now if Gentry's no longer calling the shots, then that's a totally different story. I could see alot of good coming from that.

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

10 years from now Jordan Brand will be near extinct or on the verge of extinction. For shoe heads alike JB will always be in our hearts, but with a new generation of teenagers, current basketball players, and MJ not even playing in the NBA anymore, i don't see JB succeeding 10 years from now. The hype has definitely died down a lot, the past year, and with the final retros coming out loyal and old customers alike will not buy from JB's new "team shoe" lines anymore. Many teenagers in the next 5-10 years will not even mutter MJ's name, but instead talk about lebron, kobe, or carmelo. etc. Many people still buy jordans today because we saw him play in the nba, and inspired us to become like him. With no MJ in the NBA, people will forget and go along with new trends. Down the line JB will probably still exist, but nowhere what it was a decade ago, changing the shoe industry. Nike being a conglomerate it is, will probably vanquish JB, and put their investments in Lebron and Kobe who still have a lot of market in them. JB will eventually fade away in the next 10 years, but nobody will forget who helped shape the shoe game like it is today.
That's my thought on it.

Jordan Brand. I believe that jordan brand will crash in 10 years. It will be nothing anymore. Therefore NT and ISS will not be hyped over it and will move to their new trend.

PAYLESS
pimp.gif

http://photobucket.com

Dam i need this t-shirt, im broke as hell lol

In ten years.. I see JB where it is today... at the top of websites, I see Carmelo will be at the top of his game, history repeats itself and I think they will sign a superstar to the brand. I think team jordans will be new retros to the kids who are 5-7 now.. In ten years it will be probably

I have two theories:

1) I believe by the end of 2008 Jordan Brand will dramatically decrease the number of retros released. With JB releasing every model next year complemented with the release of the XXIII, JB will focus on developing its Team Jordan Line. With the lack of retros to go around I predict consumers will gobble up Team Jordans. Like Gentry said earlier, retros will still continue but in "limited quantities." I predict what Gentry meant by "limited quantities" is that JB will focus on one model per year in either one or two colorways instead of multiple models in mulitple colorways. For example in 2009 JB will release the VIs twice throughout the year, lets say one colorway at the start of the NBA season and one colorway during the All-Star Break. This trend will continue for a couple of years until the market becomes saturated by Team Jordans. At this point, retros have become obsolete and all of JB's shoes will be Team Jordans. By the time the market becomes saturated with Team Jordans, JB will feel that it has lost its "mystique" since by now the majority of consumers will only recognize JB for basketball shoes and not MJ. Once this happens, JB will look towards Nike sponsored athletes like Lebron and Kobe and do a collaboration with them. For example (insert athlete) will be in a commercial talking about their memories of MJ and his influence in their lives. These collaborations will become the rebirth of JB. The older generations will remember their memories of their first time watching MJ, buying their first Jordans, etc. The younger generation will also appeal to this since by watching (insert athlete) remember his/her memories of MJ, they will be tempted to learn about MJ. Videos of MJ's highlights will become the number one viewed videos on Youtube. JB will bring back the retro and it will become 2007/08 all over again. This process will continue over and over again until MJ finds a way to clone a younger version of himself. This "cloned MJ" will cause chaos all over the league and it will be the Jordan era all over again.

Also...

In a few days, a working time machine will appear and (insert NT mod/adm) will leap into the future 10 years and come back to confirm that my theory has become reality resulting in a XL NT shirt granted to JayJunkie.

2) Another theory is that JB will continue to make shoes but only Team Jordans. Retros will still be available but slowly die off. At one point JB will stop making shoes and only focus on releasing 5 models of the Air Jordan (I, III, IV, VI, XI). These 5 models will become the new "Chuck Taylors", available 365 days of the year.
TEAM WARRIORS SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS TEAMSSB

10 years from now, huh? I think the retros will be the spizikes. Judging from the success that it has had. All the hypebeasts are in fact influencing the next generation. A generation who has never seen Michael Jordan play nor what shoes he wore. So all they know is the jumpman logo. Then you put this on anything and it will probably sell. The logo just like the man is the most recognizable thing in the whole world. Do this, sit at a mall and look at people and I guarantee that around 3 out of 5 people will be sporting some form of jumpman on their person. So JB apparel and team lines are selling well. The thing though is that JB used to be the innovator. Now it is content to follow. It was a major influence on shoe design for a decade. Now it just follows whatever the trend is.
I think after 2008. JB will use this as a test. To see if they can stand on their own without the flagship series and retros. If they do they will approach NIKE and say see we can do it. If they don't, trust me NIKE will force them to produce the retros again. It is just a major source of income for them to discontinue. Because what they really care about is the bottom line.

My post was about the last five years... this is about the next 10yrs :lol:
laugh.gif
branching off into more sports.

Nike/Jordan has had the basketball sneaker game on lock for the last 22 years.

It's time to move on...We've been seeing little by little with the Jeter line and the NFL team being around for the pass couple years.

Now with MJ starting to dab into the motorcycle industry with the Jordan racing team it's safe to say JB is looking to be its own company and start marketing itself to other types of sports like soccer or skateboarding even nascar.

Mike is off the court now making business moves and basketball is not the only business in this world...and that's what us ( the consumers ) have to realize JB is growing as a company and we got to accept that...

But thats no excuse for those horrible low XIs and Is...and alpha omega :x
sick.gif
SITUATION NASTY LIKE COLLEGE CHICKS

Right now, Jordan Brand is at its prime: the Air Jordan line is at its most successful right now, and Team Jordans are still selling. Years ago, Jordans never flew off the shelves the way they do now. Nobody wanted Grape Vs or Aqua VIIIs when they originally released, and those were two of the biggest releases in the past year. JB is at its peak, and it can only go downhill from here. The decision to release retros next year solely in the form of packages is the beginning of the end for JB. Many average consumers, (non-sneaker enthusiasts), will not like purchasing Air Jordans two at a time, thus most of the people purchasing retros next year will be the JB loyalists. Hype is already dying down on Air Jordans, and the average consumer, (again non-sneaker enthusiasts), is where hype comes from. NT/ISS/other sneaker forums are only a very small part of the Jordan-buying population, and without the average consumers, JB will go nowhere.

In addition, Gentry has hinted that the retro is done after next year. The retro line is one of, if not the most popular line JB has, and without the foundation of its income, JB will not keep moving forward.

Basically, JB will not be very, if at all existent 10 years from now. If they are still around, it will only be in the form of Team Jordans, unless of course, a new, better head of JB comes in...Tinker?...

10 years from now in my opinion jordan brand will start fading away, there wont a reason for people to get these shoes anymore. releases now make it easy for anyone to just go in and cop, 10 years from now, with no retros coming out everything will be rare and only select few people will be able to cop, everyone wont be walking around in brand new jordans because although some are hot, team jordans cannot keep this brand alive. and now with other stars rising like lebron, more people want to get those shoes because some might feel that those might end up like the air jordan line and every single pair that comes out has to be copped. also the og shoes will have an amazing value BUT will probably not be wearable and they will just end up in collections. in 10 years sadly, but truly jordan brand might be no more...

a question that might help answer that question is "where and what do U see yourself buying/wearing in 10 years?" niketalk is a strong community with a lot of members that are crazy about jordans, sum because of the love for the shoe and the game, others because its a trend, there are soo many people here on the nt community and believe it or not, the jordan brand's future might rest soley on us to keep it alive or not
TEAM WE MAJOR​

AIM: Luckyplaya112
EBAY: Aint_i_man
EA ID TAG (ps2): Deadserious5
Save 20% Off Karmaloop.com use code: LA16558

"Wait.....Oh u mad cuz im stylin on you"

I think JB will continue to do things as they are now ,I also see Re-Retros of og colors and possibly Re Retro+ colors. Also expansion as a company, Serving products to other types of athletes besides baseball, football, and basketball, And making several other sig shoes. so they can be retrod in the later years. Im sure they will always re-visit their roots and come up with wacky things that will sell.
TEAMYANKE​

EDIT: aw crap, i didnt realize there was a prompt in the first post, i just read the title. i always had trouble following directions

10 yrs from now Gentry will make Jordan Brand merge with Target/walmart to get even more profit (think Starter/champion) ..... give me my shirt now... on second though, pass
selling DS AJ V's black/carol size 10, for $275
DS OLNL size 10.5 for $300

Back
Top Bottom