Jordan Brand Contest - THE NT-SHIRT WINNER: Mossified842345

I think it's going downhill with all the garbage colorways coming out,spiz'ikes,fusion,cheap leather material,etc..it's not gonna be strong as it was.
I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be
Kobe Bryant-KOBE

10 years from know i see JB releasing more wack colorways, like a pair of VI's with the whole material of rubber, since they already released III's with the whole elephant print and V's with reflective material

I don't know what's more saddening;

the fact that everyone here is pretty much in agreement that JB is either heading for the worse or getting more and more greedy

or the fact the people are actually putting thought into thier post ....just for a simple t-shirt instead of flaming one another or post whoring

i think jb will be the same as they are now in 10 years of course they will branch out and try to keep up with the hipsters but overall nothin will change..gentry said they going to slow down on the retros but all thats gonna do is build the hype right back up and then its the same thing all over again so honestly i really dont see much changing because if it aint broke dont fix it and i think we all agree that gentry and his goons dont think their system is broke

I think JB will try to "enter" most sports.

First:
moss10601my9.jpg

Then...

4q5xyd1.jpg
And

Now... With Suzuki...

And the "LOVELY" LS

6oer2o.jpg

Also the tiger might be up against Michael, AGAIN

lg_woods_ap-01.jpg

In the future, might be next 5 years, might be next 10 years, I guess it's gonna be:

PanToyota_web.JPG

And...
Swimming....

jiolyq.jpg

Badminton....

au7fqa.jpg

Or even the legend Roger himself MIGHT be taken away from Nike by Jordan... Just like how JB took away JKidd.
1072t0g.jpg

ronaldo_front.jpg

The worst case....

66gk9j.jpg

ONE THING THAT WON'T HAPPEN:

xin_16060409171050021017135.jpg

THE TONGUE!
Indohan

^Indohan, JB already came out with Golf shoes AND dress shoes... about 2-3 years ago...

LA
SAY NO TO VARIANTS!​

I dont see them selling it now, so.. Worst case, they are re-releasing it?
Indohan

As a child, I looked at Michael Jordan as the greatest thing on the planet, and sometimes watching old videos and highlight reels, it can still be true. Always trying to get to be like him was nothing short of failure, but looking for his kicks, and maybe for one second feeling as if I could be MJ...

As the years have gone by, I can remember telling my Mom all I wanted for my B-Day was the OG Black/Red XIII, and I did not receive them, in which I got a portable CD player. Not thinking of anyone's feelings but my own, I wanted to return the gift, and get the kicks, but that didn't happen. Then it came time for the Black/Red XIV. She said if I can save half of the money, they will be mine. Well, after a few odd jobs, I saved the $75, and my first pair of adult Jordans were mine. That started the craze for me, always wanting to get the newest pair, the newest colorways, it was an amazing feeling.

Now as I am 24, and it is years later, the hype has started to die down for me. Sure I grabbed the Aquas, and I grabbed the OG colorways of most of the shoes this past year, but as I see what future releases are around the corner, nothing pulls me in like if I were to see MJ wearing say the newest AJ model in the Finals, and trying to find out everything I could as to where I could find them to purchase. There is not as much hype anymore, at least in my eyes, for the product. I can remember when the XI's came out in 2000-2001, and every colorway was flying off of the shelf, and I can remember waiting in line for early retros, and trying to keep my place by having my face pressed against the gate. It def. is not like that anymore, due to them over producing, and bad marketing.

With some of the colorways too, it is hard to take them serious when the varient market is so much of the market. When you release the Ice Blue Women's VIII, or the Thunder and Lighting pack which could easily pass for some liquor store varients, it is hard to believe that Michael Jordan, the greatest business man, and the greatest player to ever play the game is behind these insane products. To have the Grape V's be a lifestyle, but we put out the Navy/Orange/Peapod colorway, what has that company become.

I am one to not be able to afford the $310 packs next year, even though I would love the OG colorways that are included in some of the packs. I cannot believe that he is doing this when it is the anniversary of the XX3 and that the shoes mean so much to the company, yet you still continue to kill people's wallets and hopes of getting the OG colorways...

All in all, Brand Jordan is an outstanding company, and without MJ, it would be another Shaq/Pro-Ked type of shoe. Bring it back to what the customers want, 99 Retros, and some of the special colorways that made the company what it is today. 10 years is a long way to look down the road, who knows what could be in store. Brand Jordan could be finished, and just putting out sub-par Team shoes, or lack luster retros. Or they could flip it in the other direction, stop with the main line, and continue to bring out retros in amazing colorways, combined with OG colorways, and bring out Team shoes that can make the company stand on it's own when the last of the OG shoe heads start to die down...

teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

I personally think jb will last A LONG LONG time. They have the experience, the peoples attention, the peoples want for more, and the newer generation is great on picking out the hottest trends. so them getting people like melo, jeter, chris paul is a giant step for them to increase sales and more than anything, keep things fresh. JB might drop some weird colorways but no one is forcing them on us. you buy what you like, and thats the beauty of their variety. I think they give the og heads and the new schoolers what they want. I dont think they will ever sell out to corny retail stores, money [mike] wouldnt allow it :wink:
wink.gif
. JB has a future, and in 10 years i see many more retros, new exiciting models, and PE's the will make you go :wow:
eek.gif
. the millions they will make is a given, its a business before anything. peace-

You see there is this kid somewhere...Not even 8 years old and has never owned a pair of Air Jordans; in fact he doesn't even know who Michael Jordan is...Well that kid is the one. The one who takes off from the 3-point line and windmills over a 7'10" center and carries JB on his back to the promised land...

CHUUUCH!
"...STEP UP AND TEST THE SKILLS, YOU COULD GET MY TES-TICULES..."TOKYO APACHE

My first pair of Air Jordans were the Black/ Infrared VI's.One of the happiest days of my lifeThat started everything for me.The world had never seen a man like thisMichael Jordan is one my heroes.the signature Air Jordan line itself will cease.are not worthy of the Jumpman logo.
The world is so fickle and unpredictable It's how they choose to make that money, that will decide Brand Jordan's fate.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
www.myspace.com/arstyle
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Mayb similar 2 . .

http://i21.tinypic.com/2hwzb44.jpg[/img]
The 1st thing man must obtain is 12 Jewels-----"Knowledge,Wisdom,Understand,Healthy,Acheive,Freedom,Justice,Equalitly,Food,CLOTHING,Shelter,After this LOVE,PEACE and HAPPINESS"........Total satisfaction is to acheive 1 goal in the scheme of things He Who works like a slave, EATS like A KING...-----(RZA)Gravediggaz

In the next 10 years to be honest I really do not see jordan blasting off into space. When I was young I loved jordans and longed to get a pair and when I got them I would rock them and use them for ball..all purpose shoe. When i got older and finally got my part-time job in high school(2004) I bought jordans and eventually started collecting them. After really studying Jordans..comparing the new to old and viewing each release date I realized that Jordan Brand has seriously decreased it's quality and has just released tons and tons of ridiculous colors and shoes. What happend to the day where Jordans were just a pure balling shoe...a shoe for players who wanted to be like mike or at least have what he has. Now it's just for plain old fashion...wacky colors...and overpriced for bad quality.(good example og aqua 8-retro aqua 8)
glasses.gif
ing to decrease. I can't believe gentry said that he wants to seperate the real collectors from the posers. What happened to people who just appreciate the shoe as a great piece of athletic footwear not a collector's item. Why waste time with a ton of retro colors when you can release a couple and improve the quality of shoe like the old days. The future is not bright for Jordan..in 10 years I can't see them being as popular or going anywhere...i would not be suprised if Jordans became obsilite. JORDAN BRAND!!!!! BRING IT BACK TO THE OLD DAYS...TRY MAKING A GREAT BASKETBALL SHOE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE BASKETBALL AND MIKE...STOP OVEREALEASING THE JAYS WITH THESE WACK COLORS. MAKE THE SHOE FOR THOSE WHO WANNA BE LIKE MIKE NOT LIKE MIKE WHO LIVES DOWN THE STREET!!!!!

Probably already said, but in 10 years, I want JB to be what it was 10 years AGO. Putting out quality/innovative products that you feel good about buying.

That's it, anywhere else is failure IMO...
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
-Gandhi-

In 10 years I can see JB continuing to release retros but, I can also see them as part of the past considering how the 23s are almost here. JB will be a company that called it quits at its peak leaving many Jordan fans sad but, happy that they part of something major.

After 10 years JB will be know for spreading Michael Jordan name and making him a role model for the young and a hero to the grown.

I think this because JB as been around for 22 years and is closing down on the 23rd, for them to continue making shoes for Jordan past 23 would seem like their goals were solely to leech money instead of spreading a mans legacy.

Besides 24s wouldn't seem genuine.

indohan i think there releasing the tuxedo shoe it's the Air Jordan1 Retro Low Crocodile Edition
I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be
Kobe Bryant-KOBE

ayo to tell u the truthest truth of them all, in ten years jordan brand will not eb focused around michael jordan anymore. its going to base its products around people liek carmelo anthony and all their team jordan players. watch 9 year from now if u ask a kid and ask him what js he got one hes gonna say 5s, but ull know them as melo 5s... ya digg

The Jordan Brand has supposedly always been about "zigging" while everyone else is "zagging". It was about sophistication with a twist of Michael's personality that made it fun. And it was dead serious king of the hill when it came to performance and innovation in footwear.

Over the years, the impossible task of maintaining a near-perfect "Michael Jordan" level of excellence in footwear has proven to be...well, impossible. In an attempt to please everyone, the brand has deviated from it's roots, releasing products with lower quality materials, nonsensical limited quantities, retros with altered designs, and material and color stories that seem follow the same dated trends as companies like Greedy Genius and Bape. The legacy that once stood strong, never to be tainted, has left a horrible taste in the mouths of it's core consumer: The Michael Jordan fan. (note:not "sneaker collector")

As MJ ages he will find himself more often at home relaxing than riding motorcycles and travelling the world. He will be sitting around reminiscing and thinking to himself

"Wow. My legacy is truly amazing. I can't believe there is STILL not a "next Michael Jordan" by now. What I have built is an incredible thing. My career... My Family (just go with it...lol)...My....My COMPANY!!! OH S%&$#!!!!!"

At that moment, in a stark realization of what has happened during his last few years of carefree frolicking, he will spring out of his chair, tear off his smoking jacket, and leap through the air in his very own, lengendary Jumpman pose (think AJ XIII commercial) on his way to Portland, OR!!!

(To a bed-ridden Phil Knight) "What have we done?! We must bring this brand BACK to what it once was!!! We need MORE people! I need more of the BEST, most PASSIONATE designers on the planet ASAP!!! People who really understand what my legacy is about! I need a new Tinker!!!"

But WHO???!!! And WHEN?????????!!!!!

to be continued....in 11 years...

-TH

IN TEN YEARS.
- jordan brand still exists
- still make unsatisfying shoes
- hypebeasts that still buys it
- possible chance of inserting the ipod "ID" device thing
to track how many miles u walk during the session
that you time or however it works..
- bottom line, j.b. remain's wealthy because of "uniquely designed" shoes in the future.
LJIB ; STYLEZJUN​

I think there are alot more important things in life to worry about than where a shoe company will be in 10 yrs. I'm more concerned with my development and growth as a human being. I'm also focused on raising my son in the right direction. I wish JB the best. I hope they make the right choices with employess and designs. I'm sure MJ will still be rich and still adored by all. I'm really burnt on the whole JB thing honestly. Send me an XL shirt or I'll screen my own up. Niketalk > Jordan Brand by a landslide !

C O O K # 4 5
get fit.

Back
Top Bottom