Jordan Brand Raising Prices for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'™ve already started to preview upcoming Retro releases for 2014 like the Air Jordan VI œInfrared and the Powder Blue X, but heres another update that you probably didn't want to hear;Based this early product sheet for Jordan Spring 2014, the retail price for Retros will jump up $10 to a base price of $170. Rising prices in sneakers in general is a climate change that consumers have had no choice but to adapt to, and it looks like the demand for Air Jordans is only following the upward slope in prices. Your thoughts on this price increase? Will that slow down your weekly Jordan pick-ups, and will you start looking for shoes sitting at a lower price-point? Let us know in the comments below.
- SN

Jordan Brand raising prices to $170 next year. Thoughts? Opinions? When does it become too much and makes people "back out of the game" as people say?

www.CoolShoeShines.com

Actually most retros in 2013 already retailed for 170 bucks in europe like the aj 5, 8 and 13 retros.
So not really new to us here.

This is old news now. But since you asked, yes it is ridiculous, but no it won't slow people down from buying Jordans. As long as JB continues to see people paying resellers $500 and up for these shoes, retail prices will continue to rise. This goes for Foams, LeBrons, and even KDs too.

This is old news now. But since you asked, yes it is ridiculous, but no it won't slow people down from buying Jordans. As long as JB continues to see people paying resellers $500 and up for these shoes, retail prices will continue to rise. This goes for Foams, LeBrons, and even KDs too.
You're right, but they're going to go too far. Just like they did with the branding on the 1's (anyone remember that they tried to take ALL the Nike branding off the 1's? Didn't work for them). Once these passes 200$, more people than you care to imagine are going to throw in the towel. Not even because 200 bucks is all that much money, BUT BECAUSE THESE ARE JUST RETROS!!! The hard facts about these, is most of them aren't fit to collect, not made to play ball in and in most cases aren't really good renditions of the originals they represent. They're made to be bought, worn for a little while and trashed.

That's why we see the same shoes released time and time again, and that's why the quality is poor. They're just retros. Many of us except this and don't try to make them anymore than what they are. But once they start charging the price of modern day release for poorly made retros, people aren't going to go for that.

Last edited:
You're right, but they're going to go too far. Just like they did with the branding on the 1's (anyone remember that they tried to take ALL the Nike branding off the 1's? Didn't work for them). Once these passes 200$, more people than you care to imagine are going to throw in the towel. Not even because 200 bucks is all that much money, BUT BECAUSE THESE ARE JUST RETROS!!! The hard facts about these, is most of them aren't fit to collect, not made to play ball in and in most cases aren't really good renditions of the originals they represent. They're made to be bought, worn for a little while and trashed.

That's why we see the same shoes released time and time again, and that's why the quality is poor. They're just retros. Many of us except this and don't try to make them anymore than what they are. But once they start charging the price of modern day release for poorly made retros, people aren't going to go for that.

I see your point but I beg to differ. People pay $200 PLUS on the days right after release. So I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't pay these same prices for retail...
Until I see resale prices going down, I have a hard time believing people will stop overpaying for Jordans, no matter how bad the quality is

^They will. They majority of JB's consumers are not rappers/entertainers, collectors or even "sneakerheads".  The bulk of their customers are just people who like Jordans and kid/teens. Non of which who are willing to shell out 200 (plus) every time a retro releases.

I understand where you're coming from, but you have to remember, IN MOST CASES it is not the average consumer who pays outrageous reseller prices. It usually the collector, the hypebeast or the noob. If JB was sure they could pull this off, they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it gradually. They'd just jump straight up to resale prices.

Prices will never come down ! Ever lol I'm sure after the 200 mark most people will tell them to F off or most of the GRs will sit too many shoes are coming out a month just in July they had at least 5 or 6 good shoes ..

eventually i'm gonna have to say f it and stop copping. once it hits 200, it probably won't come back down, I don't see why it would ever happen unless they truly stopped selling. either way, once it gets up around that mark I will have to just accept what has happened and stop copping new shoes. I've already got more than enough to last me pretty much my lifetime or until I stopped rocking basketball shoes, I would like to keep copping what I like for awhile longer but if JB is gonna continue to be this way, we will have to part ways. I know I won't be hurting them any but damn this feels so ****** to be a long time customer and just basically get screwed by all these new "sneakerheadssssssssss" just "getting into the game" ..
mean.gif
. oh well
eyes.gif
 If I ever see a GR sitting in a footlocker for $199 I will literally puke everywhere.

Last edited:
Haven't bought a retro since 2010.
I don't plan on buying anymore retros either.
But for the people who do buy retros this is lame.

^They will. They majority of JB's consumers are not rappers/entertainers, collectors or even "sneakerheads".  The bulk of their customers are just people who like Jordans and kid/teens. Non of which who are willing to shell out 200 (plus) every time a retro releases.
I understand where you're coming from, but you have to remember, IN MOST CASES it is not the average consumer who pays outrageous reseller prices. It usually the collector, the hypebeast or the noob. If JB was sure they could pull this off, they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it gradually. They'd just jump straight up to resale prices.

I guess only time will tell lol. I personally would LOVE to see customers stop buying once the price gets too high. This would help the average consumer like myself. I just don't see it happening. Everyone seems to want the "status" and "coolness" that comes with wearing expensive shoes too much to boycott them. LeBrons and Foams are still goin strong. We'll see though, I hope you are right, for my own sake lol

yes they are. it's gonna have to get well above 200 for a significant change to happen imo. there are plenty of people out there who think it's fair to pay 225-250 for these things
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom