[| -- Jordan Brand Screwing Canada over -- |]

LOLLLLLLLL

Some of ya'll sound real lazy though, the love of the whole sneaker game is the hunt and the lengths you had to go to in order to secure a pair...

It's too easy for some of these new jacks to just swoop a pair of kicks and say they are down with the culture, my two cents.

whats wrong with hype..... I mean its what made me buy my first pair of J's back in 1991.... the nike commercials, people rocking them on t.v., my friends, and Jordan playing ball...... is all considered hype....... :smh:
nono.gif
hater

It not even so much hype. He didn't say he was just rocking what was hyped. I think he's the same way I am. If I really like a shoe and you can't get it here you are even more stoked to have it and rock when you know not many people around here have it. That's one of the things I like about Canada. You can break a lot of necks with a pair of shoes you had to actually go to some work to find online rather then walk into a shop and buy the same pair as everybody else. Even though I suppose you can't just walk into a store in the states now and buy a pair of shoes you have to line up and work it that way. But ya as stoked as I am to rock a pair of shoes that I really like and not many people around here have, sometimes I really start to hate having to buy them all online spending a fortune.

Quote:
And for many of you who dont' realize - the only time J's sell out is when FL and Champs have a %50 day, shoot, if I was Nike I'd say eff that too

Yeah Canada is weak for jordan releases compared to the states, they definitely don't feel confident with our market.
And now back to business

For Sale size 9 jordan IV Mars (retail)
JORDAN V GRAPES $350 SIZE 9.5
send help size 9

bbestsb.... I agree with what you had to say.... but to be honest you don't even need to have connections in high places to get some nice J's at a decent price.... I mean I'm getting a pair of grapes for $220 us with shipping included

Quote:
.... but to be honest you don't even need to have connections in high places to get some nice J's at a decent price.... I mean I'm getting a pair of grapes for $220 us with shipping included

this is true. consider that if these really did release in canada, retail would probably be like $210 CDN. factor in 14% tax then exchange, and you looking at about $235 USD. you could have bought off a US based reseller for the same or less than 235 US shipped.....

bottom line is, whether canada has limited releases or not, the high retail prices pretty much makes it no different than just buying off a reseller. whenever i go back to visit in canada, i only buy what i can;t find here in the US (euro-can releases). anything else is cheaper down here.
---------------

Is it better to abide by the rules until they're changed or
help speed the change by breaking them?

I don't buy Jordans from Canada anymore, strictly order off eastbay. in fact, cant rememebr the last time i copped shoes in store. wit eastbay/ebay. its cheaper because of the discounted price if they are on sale, and i get it delivered right to my doorstep.
______
WE GROWN.

:lol:
laugh.gif
bobby analog
TEAMCANADA
Our sales tax will kill you. At least we have free health care!
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
.:: | Bargnani | Bosh | Calderon | Delfino | Dixon | Ford | Garbajosa | ::.
.:: | Graham | Humphries | Jackson | Kapono | Moon | Nesterovic | Parker | ::.​

^^^co-sign, but apparently due to the rising dollar which is expected to hit as high as $1.15!!!!! mid 08, Nike/JB are looking to "adjust" retail prices in Canada starting in spring of '08.earlier someone posted something about altitudes popping up in FL, that's because they didn't sell in Japan and just sat on shelves so they JB decided to ship the "leftovers" of the world to Canada...how nice of them *shakes fist violently* Also in regards to shoes not flying off shelves... look at all the the fire V's, Black V's...ANY SHOE THAT COMES OUT IN BLACK SELLS OUT LIKE SAME DAY OR NEXT DAY! look at the Black dubs that came out a few years ago, Black X's, Chambray VII's, Black and Metallic V's they all went like hot cakes. And now with all this hype about black and white, cough cough, i mean black cat and pure$ everyone rocks those too. The only shoes that seem to sit on shelves for long would be newer releases like the Jordan XXs, XXIs, and now the XXIIs. But it's like that everywhere so don't go off saying Jordans don't sell in Canada. Walk into Yorkdale, or Eatons Center, or just walk downtown on the day of a release, like the black v's and just count how many people are rocking them allready. I remember when I went to get the black v's from Yorkdale AS SOON as I came in from the subway entrance threw the walkway, there was a group of about 6-7 guys just loafting around, and all of them were wearing the black v's, not to mention walking down the FL to find out theyre sold out in most sizes *size 10 for me which effin sucks balls* then walking to Champs and they have like a sz9.5 and I'm like @#%$ that cuz the guy trying to sell them to me was like...don't worry, don't worry these fit loose in comparison to the other ones, this jordan model is HOT, and I looked at him...asked him what "model" they were and he looked at me clueless so I just walked out, wen't to athletes world but no luck there, one of the workers called EC FL and they had a size 10 but didn't want to wait so I walked to Sport Chek and BAM i copped them there lol. And this was like at 3-4 in the afternoon on the day of the release... and also with the whole LS account issue, you can't just apply and get an account, you have to be approved first and then ontop of that you have to push...I think its like something like $50 000 worth of LS gear, don't quote me but I remember hearing something along those lines. But I think it could work...if a couple FL's tryed it I'm pretty sure it would succeed. You can't have a place like GDFT or Da Zone carrying all that stuff because most of the main stream public that goes crazy for that stupid @#%$ @#%$ dont shop there. They go to their local mall where they get their shoes and shop there...simple so just put the clothing that they want...because we all know hype beasts HAVE to have matching clothing...thats the way I see it at least

^ :wow:
eek.gif
I had the same exact situation happen to me. It was with the white/steath V around Christmas time. I was heated that they weren't at any other stores, so then I decided to check Sportchek and they were there! Too bad the SPC discount is horrible @ Sportchek compared to FL or Champs.

And I understand about a lot of people hyping over Jordans now in Canada. That's why I go ahead and pre-order them with my connects and just pick them up on release date. I love seeing peoples heads turn as I open my shoebox and look at my shoes while they couldn't get their because they were sold out. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMCANADA

I asked our Ekin about this very question. He couldn't really give a straight answer. There is no real reason why they shaft Canada. Jordan probably has a personal vendetta since the Raps beat the Bulls during that 72-10 season.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

ahaha ^^ i remember that game

i used to be big damon stoudamire and doug christie fans

LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yo Apocalypz, hook me up lol
and that's pretty hilarious how someone tryed jackin ur stealth V's off you...kind of reminds me when I wore my Grapes to yorkdale and I was waitin for some friends to come and this was around christmas time just before so I was doing some last minute shoppin, so anyway I was in the sony store tryin to pass some time waitin in line to play the PS3 and there these really loud and obnoxious black kids infront of me and they were screamin in the store while playing the game it was so jokes and one of the security guards came and was like guys turn it down and one of them was like okay okay and was trying to turn the volume down on the TV LMAO and the security guard was like no I meant you any who so I was standing there and one of the guys was eyein my Grapes and he was like those are hella nice and blah blah blah and he was like check out my kicks...cost 50 bucks and I wasn't even in the mood to talk cuz it was just ridiculous and he wanted to trade shoes and he offered me $10 bucks and I laughed and all of his friends turned at me...keep in mind THIS IS IN THE SONY STORE AT YORKDALE...3 OR 4 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS and 3 or 4 security guards like 20 feet away and theyre all like whats so funny and I'm like I'm sorry its just really funny how you think I'd trade like one of the most wanted Jordans of 2007 for some crappy @#%$, beat @#%$ af1's and then the guy that offered me his @#%$ shoes was like well take them off cuz your getting jakced and he pulled out a knife and I was like...come get them then, your not to smart cuz there are camera's everywhere, and just like 20 feet away there are security guards so come, please come and take these off my feet since your so tough, heck stab me even if you're such a bad guy and like his friends were like...dude put the knife away security is right there...then like he just put the knife away and like just went on his phone and stared at me for like another 5 minutes while on the phone while his friends played ps3...he was probably callin his boys to come down or something but i could care less cuz when my boys came i'm sure his friends would have been scared lol

^^^ :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

^^ damn those guys are stupid "dOlla Billz8919"..... it just sucks to know that this kinda stuff still happens... I remember when I was a kid back in the day I had to scuff up and almost dirty my new J's when I went to school to avoid other guys from wanting to jack me.... "BrOwNiN187" lol I still remember that game, it was the only time I actually booed Jordan.... and as for JB screwing Canada, well I have given up on buying retail and just buy from connections/resellers in the US....

I hate to add fuel to the fire, but it's been mentioned that some of the '23' packages releasing next year will not be making it to Canada.

thats ok cause they arent all gonna sell out over here also if retail in the states is gonna be around 350+ im guessing canadian retail will be around high 400's to 500's.

^^as long as we get the XII/XI package I'm good!

even if Canada got an L'style account i'd prolly still get from the states cause prices would be ridiculous...i'm guessing the V's would've been 250 instead of 150 from the states...Fk that

So does anyone know if they are going to adjust the prices on Jordans here in Canada?

With the packages coming up and there are a couple of shoes I want to pick up by the end of the year, I don't want to pay $200+ CDN when they are only $140 US.

And if JB continues this pricing in Canada, be sure that the packages will cost more than a used car (a decent one). Okay, I'm slightly exaggerating it, but you get my point.

TEAMCANADA
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.​

i was @ livestock taking to the guys who work there and they said starting in september they will have an LS account so everyone cross your fingers and hope for the best :rofl:
roll.gif

^ Make sure LS don't stand for just Livestock. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMCANADA

^ Yeah yeah I know. My game is off today. :smh:
smh.gif
TEAMCANADA

Back
Top Bottom